Modern mid school build.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2017 8:16 PM

I decided, this weekend I'm going to build up my old haro back trail, with all my extra aftermarket parts. I've really been searching for a dk general Lee, but haven't been able to find the right frame. There's a few for sale, but they are newer, and I want one before 2000. Anyway since I can't find what I want, I'll just use what I already have. Has anyone else done anything like that before? I'll post some pics later.

|

11/3/2017 8:24 PM

Boom!

Cant wait to see it! wink

|

11/3/2017 8:54 PM

Nice idea for a cool mid school build. Can’t wait to see it!

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

11/4/2017 12:37 PM

I’m looking forward to the finished project smile

|

11/4/2017 12:53 PM

Ok, here she is basically stock, except for a fly potencia stem, and rant nsixty 4 piece bars. I'm going to replace almost everything. I like the white comp 3s on this bike, but will probably change them too.will update with more pics later. I'm working on this right now.

Photo

|

11/4/2017 2:13 PM

And here it is now. I'll put up a bike check a bit later with full specd, but here is what I added, cult mind control stem, rant nsixty bars, Odyssey tripod seat and post, cult match female cassette wheel in back, g-sport simian, to cult match rim, animal glh tires front and rear, and a tree lite sprocket 25t. Eventually I'll probably put on my fit indents, and some modern forks. I can't find any of my top caps for my forks atm. I need to upgrade to some sealed bearings anyway before I can change the forks or cranks. I'm heading to the lbs to add a link to my chain so I can take her for a spin.

Photo

|

11/4/2017 5:43 PM

I built up my fourbikes battletech with a mix of midschool newschoolPhoto

|

brakeless maniac

11/4/2017 8:13 PM

Joe_Martinez wrote:

I built up my fourbikes battletech with a mix of midschool newschoolPhoto

Yeah I saw that. I like it a lot.

|

2/15/2020 9:30 AM

I am thinking of doing a similar project with a mid school bmx I have (mongoose bmx, crap I know). But I am kind of new to this stuff so I really need some guidance for parts and dimensions. Any one willing to help???🙃I have a post on this which has more information: https://m.vitalbmx.com/forums/Old-School-Talk,16/Is-it-a-good-idea-to-upgrade-an-old-mid-school-bmx,1324162

|

2/18/2020 3:03 AM

thought this looked familiar...

|