Momentums for dirt?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2014 10:36 AM

I was wondering is the Demolition Momentum tire would work ok on dirt. I like to ride dirt and street and do NOT want to get Fit FAF's. thank you.

|

3/18/2014 10:41 AM

Nope....i tried it a few times they slipped out a bunch and had no grip. id recommend aitkens in you need new tires for dirt its what i have and they're awsome

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/18/2014 12:06 PM

I wouldn't bother but I guess if the trails were super hard packed, had no berms and no dust then maybe you could make it through the set but its risky business either way.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/18/2014 12:17 PM

My friend had some Momentums on his trails bike because other than some very cheap (~$12 each) 1.9" tyres they were all he had spare. He now runs the cheap 1.9" tyres on it. Go figure.

|

3/18/2014 12:21 PM

IF it is really smooth hard packed dirt MAYBE you won't slide out.

I would look into Machete's if you want to stick with Demolition. They are solid (from local testimony around me) on everything.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/18/2014 12:46 PM

Hell no.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/18/2014 3:45 PM

Nope, Fit FAF are not that good for dirt either, almost busted my ass the other day because of it, just get some good dirt tires

|

3/18/2014 3:56 PM

Ruban aggressive tires

|

3/18/2014 4:47 PM

I will never again ride a Momentum on dirt. Shit slides like a bitch.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

3/18/2014 5:25 PM

fly rubens, odyssey aitkens

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/18/2014 8:14 PM

You can really use just about any tire on dirt as long as you adjust your tire pressure accordingly. Just do the Morgan Wade, Dirt in the Front, Street on the Rear. I think Premium Refuse Resist would be good for both use. I dont remember exaclty what Morgan rides but you can look up one of his bike checks. I think his Front is Maxxis Holy Roller.

|

3/18/2014 8:23 PM

Meh, momentums should work fine. I'm no trail expert, but every time I go to sheep there are people shredding with momentums

|

3/19/2014 9:42 AM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

Meh, momentums should work fine. I'm no trail expert, but every time I go to sheep there are people shredding with momentums

dont listen to him.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/19/2014 9:47 AM

Odyssey aitken front and back or path back aitken front. Now have the second on both sets of wheels.

|

"This really is the last bike part I need honey, I promise this time"
Gavin 916-671-0799
Always looking for people/places to ride around Sacramento.

3/19/2014 12:31 PM

T-rider wrote:

dont listen to him.

Why not? You've never even ridden with another bmxer right? how would you know anything? Literally all you know is the bull shit people post on here, and the 1 bike you have which really doesnt mean much. Fuck off seriously. I'm pretty sure the riders at sheep hills know what theyre doing, so when I see dudes there blasting the big lines with momentums and doing fine, I think its safe to assume that theyre fine for riding dirt. Have you ever even ridden trails, much less a single dirt jump before?

|

3/19/2014 12:32 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

fly rubens, odyssey aitkens

For what its worth, this is the setup I use, ruben front and aitken back

|

3/19/2014 12:48 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

T-rider wrote:

dont listen to him.

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

Why not? You've never even ridden with another bmxer right? how would you know anything? Literally all you know is the bull shit people post on here, and the 1 bike you have which really doesnt mean much. Fuck off seriously. I'm pretty sure the riders at sheep hills know what theyre doing, so when I see dudes there blasting the big lines with momentums and doing fine, I think its safe to assume that theyre fine for riding dirt. Have you ever even ridden trails, much less a single dirt jump before?

Hey, keep calm. I have worn out a demoliton momentum tyre. I have ride it in gravel, concrete, trails, etc. It gets really slipery in dirt, if you still dont believe me i will take pics.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/24/2014 7:12 AM

momentums suck for everything

|

3/24/2014 7:20 AM

saltyjax139 wrote:

haaa, this. I bought one coz i thought it looked sick... BIGGEST MIStAKE EVER! Have i ever mentioned my front wheel drifting experience? well, on tarmac, going relitively slow round a gentle corner.. scarriest shit you ever done!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/24/2014 7:30 AM

saltyjax139 wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

haaa, this. I bought one coz i thought it looked sick... BIGGEST MIStAKE EVER! Have i ever mentioned my front wheel drifting experience? well, on tarmac, going relitively slow round a gentle corner.. scarriest shit you ever done!

lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

3/24/2014 7:38 AM

subrosa grave digger tires work great for dirt

|

Fuck u

3/24/2014 8:03 AM

hookjrclc wrote:

Just make sure you have enough tire clearance, those tires are fucking massive haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/24/2014 9:01 AM

Photo
|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

3/24/2014 11:45 AM

hookjrclc wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

Just make sure you have enough tire clearance, those tires are fucking massive haha

That

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER