Money

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 2:28 PM

how much money does the average pro rider make? I'm assuming not enough to live only by riding: I know Alex Raban works at a pizzeria, and Tate Roskelley at a grocery store, but then I've heard Rob Wise doesn't have another job ever since he started riding for GT. And Sean Burns doesn't have a day job either, but he is the co-owner of Bone Deth. So basically, how much money would someone with a frame, parts, and clothes shoe sponsor make? How much would someone with many sponsors, like Scott Ditchburn or Dakota Roche make?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/2/2013 2:36 PM

Depends on the riders level and sponsor. I know kink only gives tony Hamlin 250 a month

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/2/2013 2:37 PM

Idk but i don't really care. But i think someone like arron ross would be able to do it for a living or whatever.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/2/2013 2:40 PM

i think aaron ross is fully supported from just riding but then again he has alot of sponsors and his own signature complete

|

7/2/2013 3:37 PM

I don't know about the pros but personally Ive made about $20 and a couple free lunches at taco bell.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/2/2013 3:44 PM

Well look at Scotty Cranmer, has very nice cars, had enough to make a skate park, decent house... I'm assuming he makes some good money.

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/2/2013 4:10 PM

pro riders are broke as fuck, thats why so many live in one house at a time.

stay in school

|

It’s all bmx

7/2/2013 4:24 PM

tito24 wrote:

Well look at Scotty Cranmer, has very nice cars, had enough to make a skate park, decent house... I'm assuming he makes some ...more

Constant contest prize money is how he does it. Xgames at every country they do, dew tour, and so on

|

7/2/2013 4:27 PM

Tom Dugan works at Peter Pan mini-golf, his house is pretty decent too

|

7/2/2013 4:29 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

pro riders are broke as fuck, thats why so many live in one house at a time.

stay in school

this is true haha I saw this video from like a year ago on youtube with aaron ross and even he lived with like five other people

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/2/2013 4:40 PM

Dudes like Garrett Reynolds and Chad Kerley i'd say make quite a bit from being on nike and having drink sponsors alone. As far as your average pro rider with a frame and parts sponsor though they probably don't make a whole lot.

|

7/2/2013 5:00 PM

tomdon wrote:

Depends on the riders level and sponsor. I know kink only gives tony Hamlin 250 a month

Definitely not true. Kink takes good care of their dudes.

|

7/2/2013 5:01 PM

Pro riders can make anything from a few hundred dollars a month to 150k+ a year, depending on their sponsors / level of riding / contest results / etc.

|

7/2/2013 5:03 PM

tito24 wrote:

Well look at Scotty Cranmer, has very nice cars, had enough to make a skate park, decent house... I'm assuming he makes some ...more

same with terry adams

|

7/2/2013 5:04 PM

pro riders can also fuck themselves over quite easily even if they make tons of money by not doing their taxes properly as an independent contractor

|

7/2/2013 5:13 PM

tomdon wrote:

kylecarlson wrote:

Definitely not true. Kink takes good care of their dudes.

Absolutely true. I ride with his brother jake and asked him. 250 + some percentage of his signature parts sales

|

7/2/2013 5:15 PM

tony hamlins interview in ride bmx a couple months ago was awesome

|

7/2/2013 5:16 PM

Sig parts bring them money just as pro football players memorabilia. Aaron Ross makes 6 figures due to that.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/2/2013 5:19 PM

eskimojay wrote:

tony hamlins interview in ride bmx a couple months ago was awesome

His brother jake is like a clone of him. Rides identical and just as funny

|

7/2/2013 5:33 PM

tito24 wrote:

That's true, but guys like him and terry adams and garrett reynolds and daniel dhers (who also has a nice car, nice house and owns a skatepark) ride a lot of contests

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/2/2013 10:47 PM

tito24 wrote:

His Parents own a huge Bike shop, and I think he runs it now, so that's the source of a lot of his money.

|

7/2/2013 10:58 PM

if you saw Nigel Sylvester's latest edit he literally shows like 3 handfuls of twentys but hes sponsored by Nike, Gatorade, G-Shock, Danscomp, Animal, and Beats by Dre

|

making half retarded post at the moment

7/2/2013 11:10 PM

Well you all are forgetting that some riders have AGENTS!! I bet you Nigel Sylvester has a real real nice agent, look at his sponsors, GATORADE!!! You think the guy that picks sponsors for Gatorade woke up and said, "BMX, thats my hook!" nope, i betcha Nigel's agent called them and asked them, and i bet they called a few others before that. There are a lot of opportunities out there and i know from being in the acting for commercials and movies, its hard to book stuff without a group or agent propping you up!! They can really help out. Trust me.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/2/2013 11:32 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

Tom Dugan works at Peter Pan mini-golf, his house is pretty decent too

He doesn't work there anymore. That props interview is a few years old now and that's before he got on fit and rockstar. If I remember correctly he gets $2500 a month from fit, well at least when he did his albion interview.

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

7/10/2013 3:27 PM

Not all pros are broke the amount of money they spent on there bikes to do a bike from scratch youre looking at like £1,000 for a decent bike, they dont make videos about the parts what get broken, My 9 tooth backwheel broke today and they aint cheap, including hubs...it depends on the person and career. smile

|