Money issues..

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2013 8:42 PM

So I don't work and stuff and it took me over half a year or almost a year to get $100 and a little over, and luckily I sold my wheels at that time to get $200 and buy new wheels. I honestly get money through luck. I save up every single damn bit, once I had like 40 single dollar bills to pay for a cheap front wheel. It's literally like I'm homeless until holidays or school rewards, where luck also comes into play again. Like I'll get $20 or more once in a while, and it really just depends on my situation. Right now, my friend bought a SHITLOAD of brand new parts for no reason apparently and he has some ice green Gsport hubs brand new for $220, which is like $10 discount already off brand new. He tells me to sell my wheels and downgrade but I just hate doing stuff like that. I'm VERY indecisive and when pressure and desperation comes in, I tend to become impulsive. I remember selling camera and camcorders and crap for super cheap cause no one would ever buy, then I bought a bunch of parts and got ripped off. I don't know, I feel like I just gotta sell my soul sometimes.... Money still can't buy all the happiness in this life of the world.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/19/2013 8:43 PM

so true...

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/19/2013 8:44 PM

Money buys bacon. Bacon=happy.

|

12/19/2013 8:47 PM

Gotta dfind ways to make money, ask friends and neighbors for small jobs put up signs for lawn mowing or whatever oor be like me and sell nudes of yourself for 5 on the street corner haha.

But yeah you habe to find ways to make money it's not just going to fall from the sky you have to put in work

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/19/2013 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2013 8:56 PM

money makes me happy i can never get enough of it. It's like collecting cool stuff or something. I don't have a job either but i just try to flip things on craigslist like bikes sometimes you find really good deals on a lot of them buy them cheap then sell them bam it's easy but sometimes it takes a while but it's worth it if you come out with more money then you started with then it's awesome.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/19/2013 9:00 PM

i hate money, but also need it makes me want... bacon =D HAHA

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/19/2013 9:04 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Gotta dfind ways to make money, ask friends and neighbors for small jobs put up signs for lawn mowing or whatever oor be like me and sell nudes of yourself for 5 on the street corner haha.

But yeah you habe to find ways to make money it's not just going to fall from the sky you have to put in work

My mom says that's being low, I don't get how.. I mean, you're putting in hard work for money. And in all honestly, I've never mowed lawns a lot and feel like I'd mess up and cut off my foot or something. I dunno.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/19/2013 9:05 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

money makes me happy i can never get enough of it. It's like collecting cool stuff or something. I don't have a job either but i just try to flip things on craigslist like bikes sometimes you find really good deals on a lot of them buy them cheap then sell them bam it's easy but sometimes it takes a while but it's worth it if you come out with more money then you started with then it's awesome.

Yeah, this is just a regular deal that I'm talking here.. $220 for these..

Photo

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/19/2013 10:26 PM

How old are you?

|

12/19/2013 11:38 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

How old are you?

Like almost 16. My parents don't want me having a side job, strictly to focus on just studies and schooling. I'm about to get my written test and permit for driving down in January maybe, and I doubt my parents will let me go to much places.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/20/2013 2:04 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

How old are you?

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Like almost 16. My parents don't want me having a side job, strictly to focus on just studies and schooling. I'm about to get my written test and permit for driving down in January maybe, and I doubt my parents will let me go to much places.

They don't want you to have a side job.

Do it anyways

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/20/2013 10:09 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

How old are you?

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Asian problems

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/20/2013 10:14 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

How old are you?

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

That is unfortunate.. I would do like Kane said and just get a job anyway. 10 - 15 hours a week isn't going to destroy your studies/school. Plus it helps make you appreciate the stuff you buy. I pieced together my setup with very little money.. its nothing special, but I'm proud of it.

|

12/20/2013 12:12 PM

Exactly me. My family is poor as fuck. I literally ride my bike in any condition , as long as it roles. Maintence is a good thing to get into but buying good parts is the issue. I only get money from birthdays and christmas , and since my family is a little weird its not much. Just ride what you have and enjoy biking. Money is a great thing. But having a good bike isn't what BMX is about. I've seen people rid shit bikes for a long time and it didn't stop them from learning tricks.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/20/2013 1:37 PM

so... anyone else gunna say they wish they got school rewards and such?

because I wish that I did lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/20/2013 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2013 5:26 PM

DUDE DONT BUY THEM! If you only make that much money a year, just wait another month or 2 for the odyssey sale and buy them cheaper. I'd be willing to bet 5 bucks your homie bought them at the sale when they were selling for 100 bucks (maybe even 80?). I might be wrong and he paid full price, but those ice green hubs didnt sell at all, and gsport is trying to get rid of them

edit: I thought elk grove was by socal. my bad. I know what its like to not have money to buy bike parts, so if you want you could save up a bit of money, and if i make it to the odyssey sale i could cop you those hubs and bring them up to the bay when i go back (usually at least 3x a year). That hubset was either 80 or 100 at last years sale

|

12/20/2013 6:23 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

DUDE DONT BUY THEM! If you only make that much money a year, just wait another month or 2 for the odyssey sale and buy them cheaper. I'd be willing to bet 5 bucks your homie bought them at the sale when they were selling for 100 bucks (maybe even 80?). I might be wrong and he paid full price, but those ice green hubs didnt sell at all, and gsport is trying to get rid of them

edit: I thought elk grove was by socal. my bad. I know what its like to not have money to buy bike parts, so if you want you could save up a bit of money, and if i make it to the odyssey sale i could cop you those hubs and bring them up to the bay when i go back (usually at least 3x a year). That hubset was either 80 or 100 at last years sale

fuckin cali. why the fuck do you fags always get the good shit goin on

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

12/22/2013 8:29 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

You would seriously do that? Save my number and text me ASAP. 916-259-5640. We'll discuss about it. I don't wanna get ripped off like this even though sometimes I do sell stuff like this.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/22/2013 8:30 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Exactly me. My family is poor as fuck. I literally ride my bike in any condition , as long as it roles. Maintence is a good thing to get into but buying good parts is the issue. I only get money from birthdays and christmas , and since my family is a little weird its not much. Just ride what you have and enjoy biking. Money is a great thing. But having a good bike isn't what BMX is about. I've seen people rid shit bikes for a long time and it didn't stop them from learning tricks.

Yeah, almost everyone I know has a tiny bit less then what I have or like shit and they bike like twice as good or 10x better even.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/22/2013 8:35 PM

so you are an asian living in california and your parents want you to focus on school and not work.... seems legit. just say why not both? do work in your freetime. like every other day or so. but i mean if you cant i would cuss out your parents. you may get bitchslapped but i mean they will understand.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/22/2013 9:20 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

so you are an asian living in california and your parents want you to focus on school and not work.... seems legit. just say why not both? do work in your freetime. like every other day or so. but i mean if you cant i would cuss out your parents. you may get bitchslapped but i mean they will understand.

No, they wouldn't. They're the type where if you ran away, they wouldn't give that much of a shit, maybe a little bit, but they'd totally take it on you.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/22/2013 10:00 PM

Hmm you need to get a job bro. Haha I mow tons of lawns when grass is growing, i shovel walks (you probably cant do that there) and whatever else people want me to do. In the summer i double as a slave. I make loads and it is great. Since it is winter and Christmas right now i am getting cashflow from that. In January i plan on getting a serious job. There is no shame in getting a job man, just avoid doing fast food and anything else with food, that usually is God awful and you can get a lot better jobs. Try maybe somewhere loading trucks and such. Anything is good man. Just try hard! Go for it! Your parents will have to understand. I know how Asian parents can be, my gf has an Asian mom and she is like that. You gotta convince them itll be good for you. Dont be scared and lazy haha if you wanna roll a nice bike, ya gotta work bitch.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/22/2013 10:34 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm you need to get a job bro. Haha I mow tons of lawns when grass is growing, i shovel walks (you probably cant do that there) and whatever else people want me to do. In the summer i double as a slave. I make loads and it is great. Since it is winter and Christmas right now i am getting cashflow from that. In January i plan on getting a serious job. There is no shame in getting a job man, just avoid doing fast food and anything else with food, that usually is God awful and you can get a lot better jobs. Try maybe somewhere loading trucks and such. Anything is good man. Just try hard! Go for it! Your parents will have to understand. I know how Asian parents can be, my gf has an Asian mom and she is like that. You gotta convince them itll be good for you. Dont be scared and lazy haha if you wanna roll a nice bike, ya gotta work bitch.

I'll see. All the work I do is usually only community service. I volunteer at a Saturday language school and they forgot to give me my stipend which was around $140... Fuck. It was just yesterday. Now I'm afraid to go ask.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/22/2013 11:24 PM

sell heroin to toddlers

plenty of money in that line of work.

|

12/23/2013 9:22 AM

Explain to them that a side job will not interfere with your studies, BUT it will help you become more responsible, and teach you more value, you will then be using your own money for things.

It will also help you with time management skills.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/23/2013 9:35 AM

rob a bank

|

12/23/2013 2:57 PM

If no one is buying don't lower the price to where its dirt crap but keep it reasonable....
Get a side job and keep a schedule so when you feel that nervous impulse you can look to that so you don't feel confused
and get yourself back to focus...

A schedule as in a time schedule for your school and work... it will be hard at first but it will get easier scheduling wise...
Just brought the schedule thing because you tend to over-react and get yourself confused ( no offence ) just here to help.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...