More Optimal Foot Stance?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2020 4:26 PM

I switched to 4 pegs, now I ride more heel on my pedal than toe on my pedal because of my shoe clipping the peg. I feel that maybe more heel on my pedals gives way more support to my ankles rather than riding toes and exposing my ankles as a week spot. What do you guys think? I now this is a stupid topic, but I feel like it could save my ankles from getting sprained in the future.

|

sponsor me

1/30/2020 4:47 PM

Simple fix buy shorter cranks arms

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/30/2020 4:52 PM

Sounds like a good way to slip a pedal and smash your nutz..

|

1/30/2020 5:03 PM

I place my front pedal close to the toes and my back pedal more in the ark of the foot.
No matter how many pegs are on, it just feel more natural this way.
Just ride whatever feels good.

|

1/30/2020 5:26 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Sounds like a good way to slip a pedal and smash your nutz..

Well it ain't on the heel, it's on the mid but more going for the heel side than the toes

|

sponsor me

1/30/2020 6:07 PM

The ankle is a big part of both balance and jump height, probably landing too. Riding on your heels seems like a bad idea. Shorter cranks might be a better idea.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

1/30/2020 6:14 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Simple fix buy shorter cranks arms

Shorter cranks are not always enough if you are the type to ride on your toes. I have pretty small feet for my height and they would touch my peg often before I switched to riding more on the middle of my foot.

My main reason for switching initially was because of my ruptured ligaments in my right foot. Seemed to help a lot with drops.

|

1/30/2020 6:16 PM

SlavBMX wrote:

I switched to 4 pegs, now I ride more heel on my pedal than toe on my pedal because of my shoe clipping the peg. I feel that maybe more heel on my pedals gives way more support to my ankles rather than riding toes and exposing my ankles as a week spot. What do you guys think? I now this is a stupid topic, but I feel like it could save my ankles from getting sprained in the future.

It works great! Only downside I have found is the range of motion is lessened by not being able to use as much of your ankle for pedaling.

|

1/30/2020 8:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2020 8:15 PM

Francky wrote:

I place my front pedal close to the toes and my back pedal more in the ark of the foot.
No matter how many pegs are on, it just feel more natural this way.
Just ride whatever feels good.

This is how I ride now too, I stared doing it about a year ago when I moved to the short TT with still 175mm cranks. Feels normal now, and I'm pegless.

EDIT: But yeah, agreed, whatever works best will work best.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

1/31/2020 4:40 AM

I like to ride right in the middle of my foot. that is probably the best way to do it too. not saying my way is the right way. actually , yes I am lol.

|