Most Underated Parts Brands

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2015 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2015 6:16 PM

Recently I decided to build up a custom complete some time next year, currently I got my eye on the new Division Frame to start with. Overall I've ridden some of the popular components like Éclat and Shadow which held up great. Even though the components were alright, I wanted something different from the usual. Some of my favourite components I'm looking at now include the...

* MacNeil Apex Stem
* Mutiny Bold Pivotal Seat
* Tree Okan Fork

I still plan on using popular parts for the crucial areas like GSPORT Rims for a Wheelset. Even with the fascination with the less used brands, which brands do you all think make great components but don't get enough attention.

On a final note for those who haven't seen the Division Lanark frame yet.
Photo
- GSquared

|

11/12/2015 8:52 PM

Well tree is easily one of the best companies out there. I'd say they make better stuff then odyssey. Macneil invented the pivotal seat system. Well I don't know much about mutiny.

|

11/12/2015 8:53 PM

Well tree is easily one of the best companies out there. I'd say they make better stuff then odyssey. Macneil invented the pivotal seat system. Well I don't know much about mutiny.

|

11/12/2015 10:58 PM

Odyssey is underrated wink

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

11/13/2015 12:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2015 12:23 AM

Mvtha f*ckin FBM! Their frames and parts are solid, maybe a bit on the heavy side for all the girly riders out there. But one of the only truly rider owned and run companies out there.
Tree and T1 should be a lot more popular than they are too

|

11/13/2015 1:21 AM

MacNeil is underrated in the States , but in Canads they are alive and flourishing . I feel as if MacNeil is a good , solid company with a good view . No gimmicks , no trend whores , just a bunch of sick riders and good parts . Don't see many mainstream pros riding them but people like Brandon Webster certainly makes them look good with his crazy double bars on everything and a local Adam Piatuk is an absolute beast on a bike and be kills it ( skatepark hang five - manual - nollie bar a 3 block )

Eclat is great , I feel they need to be more acknowledged for all the super parts they make ! Always good stuff .

1664 , Revenge , they need to be shown more.

Fly seems to be a very UK based brand obviously but I want to try some of their stuff out.

Deluxe also seems like they make good parts too for your daily trail rider

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/13/2015 7:40 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

Well tree is easily one of the best companies out there. I'd say they make better stuff then odyssey. Macneil invented the ...more

I used to think that before I ran through problem after problem. I still like that sam thinks outside of the box but sometimes the reasons its outside is because it simply doesnt work (ie: collet stem). Plus they wouldn't even respond when I bent my bars.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

11/13/2015 8:34 AM

1664 , MacNeil

|

11/13/2015 8:59 AM

i used to like tree until they started pumping out catalog parts. i remember when they first posted pictures of their new pedals, claiming they were an original design, then somebody called them out saying the pedal is identical to some mtb company's pedal. googled it. sho nuff. then tree deleted the post lol.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

11/13/2015 9:42 AM

Gonna have to go with Tree!! Great hubs, forks, sprocket, pedals. ^ even though its the same design as a mtb company. Alot of popular companies are rip offs of mtb stuff, or those plastic pedals you love so much, most are based off of wellgo pedals

|

11/13/2015 10:57 AM

For the record, there isn't much room in the Platform Pedal world for "new designs". Most are really really similar.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2015 11:43 AM

FBM all the way

|

11/13/2015 8:53 PM

anything from dk- yeah the walmart thing killed their reputation, but their parts are seriously nice! im looking at a chamberlin stem now. and the team frame is better then ever.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/17/2015 9:42 AM

I think Specialized at BMX parts

|

11/17/2015 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2015 9:50 AM

Yeah, I don't see much about FBM yet their reputation is solid. NY based. John Lee works sales for them. He's pretty much a LI Legend around here.

Isn't S&M rider owned/operated? But I wouldn't say they are underrated. And isn't FLY is from Spain, not the UK?

|

11/17/2015 10:23 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

anything from dk- yeah the walmart thing killed their reputation, but their parts are seriously nice! im looking at a ...more

If I needed a frame and could swing it, I would get a DK. I want to have stuff people local to me don't, so that would be a route I would go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2015 1:21 PM

As for regards to Tree and whatever MTB company. I have talked to Sam before about some parts. He said he designed the cranks that he was riding on his BMX for a MTB company, he also made a prototype disk brake front hub for a MTB company that my friend test rode on his BMX. I think he does a lot more outside of BMX, so he may have some influence on some of the designs people are claiming he took.

Underrated Bmx companies..
Specialized
Backhand bikes
Ketch bike Co
Skworl
Standard Byke Co
The Make

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/17/2015 2:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

As for regards to Tree and whatever MTB company. I have talked to Sam before about some parts. He said he designed the cranks ...more

I'd be curious who else he has designed for.

Skworl is a bunch of dudes in MInneapolis, they are all super rad. Specialized, I would take off the list because they cancel and revamp their BMX program every couple of years, but haven't had much good stuff in the last 2 years, or before the revamping.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura