Most durable Vans shoes?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2013 5:23 PM

If you've ever used Vans can you tell me what shoe had the most durable grip? Thanks.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

9/29/2013 5:27 PM

I have been running Vans Atwoods since...April? I don't have brakes and they are approaching garbage, they have holes in the toe areas of both soles. When they were new, they gripped my pedals nice. Sole was stiff, but not too stiff.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

9/29/2013 5:32 PM

Nikes have the most durable grip for me. But they dont grip as good as waffle bottomed shoes.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/29/2013 5:34 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Nikes have the most durable grip for me. But they dont grip as good as waffle bottomed shoes.

I have Lakais and the sole is pretty much gone, and I know you probably will think it's stupid but I refuse to support Nike.
Can you recommend any other shoes?

|

9/29/2013 5:42 PM

Half cabs are the the best shoes from vans that I've had, mines last me usually around 8 months but thats because i ride them until they literally fall apart and have no sole left

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/29/2013 5:45 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Half cabs are the the best shoes from vans that I've had, mines last me usually around 8 months but thats because i ride them ...more

Yes I was thinking about getting Half Cabs or Chukka lows.

|

9/29/2013 5:47 PM

Also if I don't reply beyond this point it's because I will be using my tablet.

|

9/29/2013 6:36 PM

I had the chukkas in gum and denim and he sole lasted good for what I put it threw but if rather get loteks still

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/29/2013 7:16 PM

I got the Vans x Shadow Sk8 mids in june. I DO run brakes, but the waffle bottom shredded apart in the first month with my metal pedals. Last night the sole on the left shoe (not even my footjam foot or foot I slam down in emergencies) finally gave.

You can see the shitty condition of the sole, and it really blows my mind how the left one died first, when I never put that one through anything. I guess a part of it all is its a gum sole whuch is grippier, but a lot softer and wears faster and in my case gets shredded by metal pedals. I would avoid any gum sole shoes if you're brakeless or have metal pins/pedals.Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/29/2013 8:36 PM

I have Cab Lites , the updated Half-Cabs. Although I RARELY ride in them , they grip like carpenter glue to pubes , and the mid top gives good ankle protection without the excessive padding as normal Half Cabs.

I'd recommend them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/30/2013 11:30 PM

Vans fuckin suck.

|

10/1/2013 10:37 AM

half cabs all the way and stay away from the shadow vans colab shoe those soles wear out super fast

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

10/1/2013 12:22 PM

Durable and Vans should never be used in the same sentence... Although I still love Vans

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/1/2013 12:25 PM

I ride Old Skools and there great really sticky to the pedals but durability wise I'm not sure I haven't had them long not to mention Vans Old Skools look a lot better then all the others

|

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

10/1/2013 1:11 PM

Vans are complete shit!!
LAKAIS for life!

|