Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2017 10:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2017 10:30 AM

Whats your most hated part on a bmx

Chains are cancer i hate to adjust them and if they broke well rip knees

|

2/25/2017 10:39 AM

having bad grips and pedals really suck because that what connects you to your bike .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/25/2017 10:43 AM

I love working on any and every part of my bike, just me?

As for worst part to break, mine has to be cranks. You think you're about to ride away from something, might even be something you've done a million times before but all of a sudden, you end up headbutting your bars and twisting your ankle. And then, at least in my case, you have to walk home on a twisted ankle.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/25/2017 11:24 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I love working on any and every part of my bike, just me?

As for worst part to break, mine has to be cranks. You think you're about to ride away from something, might even be something you've done a million times before but all of a sudden, you end up headbutting your bars and twisting your ankle. And then, at least in my case, you have to walk home on a twisted ankle.

I love working on my bike too only chains whats driving me crazy

|

2/25/2017 11:58 AM

tightening rear hub/chain because my dropouts are chewed up

|

2/25/2017 12:35 PM

I keep contemplating smaller bars. And bigger sprocket. But I'm worried my bars will be too low, and I'll hit my sprocket. I don't hate anything about my bike, or bikes in general though.

I hate seeing a gyro on a bike though. Don't know why, I just hate them.

|

2/25/2017 1:07 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I keep contemplating smaller bars. And bigger sprocket. But I'm worried my bars will be too low, and I'll hit my sprocket. I don't hate anything about my bike, or bikes in general though.

Gyroist.

|

2/25/2017 2:31 PM

The only thing I really hate is when I have to take my rear wheel off. Everything else is somewhat enjoyable for me honestly. I just hate having to take my back wheel off cause I hate fucking with the chain tension cause I like it a very certain way to spin for crankflips. Plus my driver nut likes to tighten itself up sometimes

|

2/25/2017 3:19 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sheldon. wrote:

Gyroist.

And proud.

|

2/25/2017 6:29 PM

Brakes.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

2/25/2017 6:33 PM

I enjoy working on every part, gets better each time.

|

2/25/2017 7:51 PM

Brakes because even though i run them i'm still awful at setting them up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/25/2017 8:27 PM

chains and brakes are fucking nightmares for me to work on, probably because I've never really spent any time working on either haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/25/2017 8:58 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

chains and brakes are fucking nightmares for me to work on, probably because I've never really spent any time working on either haha

Interesting. Chains and brakes are nightmares for me to work on, and I've spent plenty of time working on them! In my defense, I think a lot of it has to do with how particular I am. I want everything just so. Due to me breaking my brake (discussed in another thread), I'm now brakeless, though.

|

2/25/2017 9:47 PM

for me it is chains. Mostly cause the break at the worst time, and I am not super patient when dealing with getting them to be the right length etc...

but like many others, I love every aspect of my bike for the most part

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

2/26/2017 12:36 AM

I hate anything to do with rear wheels..
Truing, tensioning, and hubs (my hub needs constant repair) can be a wee bit of a hassle sometimes

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

2/26/2017 12:37 AM

wheels why expensive

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

2/26/2017 8:19 AM

Spenlard wrote:

wheels why expensive

Wheels are expensive because of the materials. That is wheels worth a shit! Problem I hate and get annoyed of is trueing my wheels. I have to do it all the time and because I'm 6'2" and 190lbs and I ride heavy! But it is what it is and gets easier and easier over time

|

2/26/2017 10:02 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I used to, but now I run a gyro lol.

Hate cranks, love the Profile race cranks but they were always a mother to fit.

|

2/26/2017 10:17 AM

brakes are a love/hate thing.....it seems like if I get my front brakes dialed, my back brakes feel like shit and vice versa. I swear it takes me at least a 3 or 4 tries to get everything dialed.

chains....fuck them. especially when they get twisted. and when you think you're good but you end up short. then you add a link and now its too long.

putting on tires can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

best solution: just pay a little extra and let the bike shop deal with that bullshit haha

|

fack off

2/27/2017 11:10 AM

coldmajki wrote:

Whats your most hated part on a bmx

Chains are cancer i hate to adjust them and if they broke well rip knees

I.Hate.Brakes
I still have them on the rear but they are such a pain in the ass and make so much noise everytime I land a trick. They also take an age to set up and I had to change my spring cos it died.

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/27/2017 11:13 AM

Throttle grip.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2017 12:57 PM

Hate breaking chain,and replacing spokes.brakes i can deal with would ride brakeless but hate tearing up shoes.

|

2/27/2017 1:42 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Gyroist.

IM LAUGHING SO HARD AT UR COMMENT LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

|

3/3/2017 9:06 AM

Bottom brackets. Installing them is fine but I cringe at the idea of bringing a hammer anywhere near my bike to get em out.

|

3/3/2017 10:56 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Bottom brackets. Installing them is fine but I cringe at the idea of bringing a hammer anywhere near my bike to get em out.

I only remove when it is new crank/BB or new frame day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/3/2017 11:00 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Use a bearing puller

|

3/3/2017 12:49 PM

Brakes and chainsangry

|

Land it or go home

3/3/2017 8:36 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Use a bearing puller

Huh. Didnt know there was such a thing for BMX

|

3/4/2017 3:33 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Use a bearing puller

Super-Pawl wrote:

Huh. Didnt know there was such a thing for BMX

Any bearing puller for something of roughly the same size will work. Like for a pf or bb30.
Although, bb bearings are plenty strong enough to cope with a swift tap of a socket extension and hammer.

|