Most popular BMX brands.. on Instagram

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2018 11:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 11:31 AM

jbales wrote:

Fuck pop culture. Most of the followers of Cult are 12. It's definitely Big Boy's doing.

dikiz wrote:

But he couldn't bring that many followers alone. They have about 2 times more of them that the #2 !

jbales wrote:

Big Boy has just over 300k followers. While ledgends like our lord and saviour Van Homan has 60k. This makes me sad.

Cult doesn’t throw free stuff at Big Boy for nothing. He really represents.

That’s because you are old , go to a skatepark these days and most kids riding don’t even know who van homan is

honestly I’m surprised t1 hasn’t died yet , seems like they don’t do much these days

|

5/19/2018 11:39 AM

eskimojay wrote:

That’s because you are old , go to a skatepark these days and most kids riding don’t even know who van homan is

honestly I’m surprised t1 hasn’t died yet , seems like they don’t do much these days

I guess I can't complain. You're right. I don't know any legends from the 80's because I wasn't around and I'm ignorant of it. So I can't blame the kids for not knowing late 90's/early 00's legends.

|

Jamie Bales - Vital's first class piss taker.

5/19/2018 12:24 PM

Premium has 58k not 4k

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

5/19/2018 12:40 PM

Eastern 26k

|

5/19/2018 12:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That’s because you are old , go to a skatepark these days and most kids riding don’t even know who van homan is

honestly I’m surprised t1 hasn’t died yet , seems like they don’t do much these days

T1 seem to have a small but loyal following. Whenever they reissue in limited quantities, the stuff sells out faster than crack at an Adam22 party. Some people would sell their granny for a Barcode

|



If you build it, they will come

5/19/2018 1:06 PM

jbales wrote:

Big Boy has just over 300k followers. While ledgends like our lord and saviour Van Homan has 60k. This makes me sad.

Cult doesn’t throw free stuff at Big Boy for nothing. He really represents.

eskimojay wrote:

That’s because you are old , go to a skatepark these days and most kids riding don’t even know who van homan is

honestly I’m surprised t1 hasn’t died yet , seems like they don’t do much these days

LS1982 wrote:

T1 seem to have a small but loyal following. Whenever they reissue in limited quantities, the stuff sells out faster than crack at an Adam22 party. Some people would sell their granny for a Barcode

This.they have to do pre order stuff and most of it is sold before it makes It to BMX shops .

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

5/19/2018 1:59 PM

peggiesmalls wrote:

This.they have to do pre order stuff and most of it is sold before it makes It to BMX shops .

Definitely this. I'm a long time t1 fan and since my last sfa I had been hunting for one for years not second hand and without pre-order and it wasn't even possible. If a company is moving so completely through all pre-orders it's safe to say that their keeping limited run products low enough that demand is never exceeded is a good business model. Obviously it's keeping this"dinosaur" afloat. I just paid over 200 for a 2013 solid that's not even a company any longer so if the loyal customer is there it will sell

|

@coupd_tat

5/19/2018 2:43 PM

LS1982 wrote:

T1 seem to have a small but loyal following. Whenever they reissue in limited quantities, the stuff sells out faster than crack at an Adam22 party. Some people would sell their granny for a Barcode

peggiesmalls wrote:

This.they have to do pre order stuff and most of it is sold before it makes It to BMX shops .

coupde_tat wrote:

Definitely this. I'm a long time t1 fan and since my last sfa I had been hunting for one for years not second hand and without pre-order and it wasn't even possible. If a company is moving so completely through all pre-orders it's safe to say that their keeping limited run products low enough that demand is never exceeded is a good business model. Obviously it's keeping this"dinosaur" afloat. I just paid over 200 for a 2013 solid that's not even a company any longer so if the loyal customer is there it will sell

As far as I'm concerned I bought their classic bar, pegs, and other stuff as they came out.... But today if I still love the brand and worship Garrett/Joe/Ruben, I'd rather shop among brands more innovative

|

5/19/2018 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 2:55 PM

peggiesmalls wrote:

Premium has 58k not 4k

My bad, looks like I checked Premium UK account only

|

5/19/2018 4:20 PM

dikiz wrote:

As far as I'm concerned I bought their classic bar, pegs, and other stuff as they came out.... But today if I still love the brand and worship Garrett/Joe/Ruben, I'd rather shop among brands more innovative

Yah I seem to remember a time when I could just go pick up a t1 product from the shop like any other brand. And I feel you on the innovation thing, if you think t1 isn't innovative or something, but anything new I try is innovative to me. I think they just have a old school way of doing things cuz the same dudes buying their shit were buying it before the internet

|

@coupd_tat

5/19/2018 6:10 PM

There's just something sexy about that seatstay wishbone.

|

Jamie Bales - Vital's first class piss taker.

5/20/2018 4:27 AM

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

|

5/20/2018 5:45 AM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

Yea I forgot them
They would be last, 10K

|

5/20/2018 6:13 AM

dikiz wrote:

Unfortunatelly they are not really active anymore and don't innovate. They have 2 signature frames, but Garrett and Ruben aren't really riding these days

dead goon wrote:

FBM makes every custom bike frame out there. From BMX to Road Bikes...that seems like innovation to me.

dikiz wrote:

I was talking about T1. I don't know much about FBM stuff

The skapegoat frame was by far the most anticipated frame of the year. The barcode was probably the most anticipated of last year. But, I think it's rad they just do their own thing and still have a dedicated following. They've probably got more real riders following them than all those other brands. Most of those brands are followed by scooter kids and edgy teens

|

5/20/2018 7:37 AM

dead goon wrote:

FBM makes every custom bike frame out there. From BMX to Road Bikes...that seems like innovation to me.

dikiz wrote:

I was talking about T1. I don't know much about FBM stuff

grumpySteve wrote:

The skapegoat frame was by far the most anticipated frame of the year. The barcode was probably the most anticipated of last year. But, I think it's rad they just do their own thing and still have a dedicated following. They've probably got more real riders following them than all those other brands. Most of those brands are followed by scooter kids and edgy teens

To which brands do you refer to exactly when you say they are followed by scooter kids and edgy teens? Cult, Fit?

|

5/20/2018 8:26 AM

dikiz wrote:

To which brands do you refer to exactly when you say they are followed by scooter kids and edgy teens? Cult, Fit?

Yeah pretty much, I'd say 8 or 9 of the top 20 only have the followers they have because of a certain rider or two, who they see on YouTube etc. And it's probably based in image rather than riding ability

|

5/20/2018 12:27 PM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

dikiz wrote:

Yea I forgot them
They would be last, 10K

LOL Thanks

|

5/20/2018 12:49 PM

dikiz wrote:

To which brands do you refer to exactly when you say they are followed by scooter kids and edgy teens? Cult, Fit?

i remember when fit was robbie morales, edwin, homan. ye good ole days

|

pew pew

5/20/2018 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2018 12:58 PM

Well I think I agree with you.
As we said previously, Cult as big boy and his 300k, they give stuff to lil juice, and other young hyped riders.
Fit sponsors Brandon Begin who has a strong image. Augie Austin
And stranger (#3) is specialized in sponsoring youtubers
Note that Mafia ranks pretty high too

But anyway I still like Fit. Their boss is a respectable rider. They made great vids, have legends like Aitken, Van Homan...

|

5/20/2018 1:12 PM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

If radio still has Brian fox on their team and his signature frame at the time I’m done with my hyper wizard that will most likely be my next frame , but that’s a couple years out at least unless I break it , brian fox is a beast and quickly becoming my favorite rider to watch , probably followed by Brandon loupos and Dylan stark

|

5/20/2018 1:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2018 1:30 PM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

eskimojay wrote:

If radio still has Brian fox on their team and his signature frame at the time I’m done with my hyper wizard that will most likely be my next frame , but that’s a couple years out at least unless I break it , brian fox is a beast and quickly becoming my favorite rider to watch , probably followed by Brandon loupos and Dylan stark

Yea his frame looks sick,not keen on chainstay mounted brakes though. Still think i might get the Nemesis frame in mint green at a bargain price soon.

|

5/20/2018 4:02 PM

dikiz wrote:

But he couldn't bring that many followers alone. They have about 2 times more of them that the #2 !

jbales wrote:

Big Boy has just over 300k followers. While ledgends like our lord and saviour Van Homan has 60k. This makes me sad.

Cult doesn’t throw free stuff at Big Boy for nothing. He really represents.

dikiz wrote:

I didn't know such an average rider can be so popular...

Being that popular, I hope he gets more from Cult than just free stuff

Average rider?

|

5/20/2018 5:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2018 5:07 PM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

Is radio good? My lbs sells them, and I'm Liking that nemesis

|

Ride your bike.

Eat your vegetables.

Stay off Twitter.


- TheDarkEnergist

The Whip

5/21/2018 4:11 AM

jbales wrote:

Big Boy has just over 300k followers. While ledgends like our lord and saviour Van Homan has 60k. This makes me sad.

Cult doesn’t throw free stuff at Big Boy for nothing. He really represents.

dikiz wrote:

I didn't know such an average rider can be so popular...

Being that popular, I hope he gets more from Cult than just free stuff

NateBrown62 wrote:

Average rider?

I have clarified my words

|

5/21/2018 5:18 AM

zenosaga wrote:

No love for Radio Nemesis frames

DatJiggyNiggy wrote:

Is radio good? My lbs sells them, and I'm Liking that nemesis

Yea frames are sound . Had the Toren frame myself really liked it and at £135 even more so!

|

5/21/2018 6:50 AM

dikiz wrote:

Well I think I agree with you.
As we said previously, Cult as big boy and his 300k, they give stuff to lil juice, and other young hyped riders.
Fit sponsors Brandon Begin who has a strong image. Augie Austin
And stranger (#3) is specialized in sponsoring youtubers
Note that Mafia ranks pretty high too

But anyway I still like Fit. Their boss is a respectable rider. They made great vids, have legends like Aitken, Van Homan...

I think Fit probably has the best mix of "scene" riders like Augie and Begin, and still the veteran/classic guys like Homan and definitely play off their history.

That and the fact that they still make good products, I think they're one of those brands that I can visibly see still being "cool" with the new generation and also being respectable by guys who have been in it for years.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/21/2018 7:47 AM

Animal bikes 167k

|

Ride everything

5/21/2018 8:54 AM

You forgot odyssey, they would be at the top of the list. 431k

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

5/21/2018 11:38 AM

I narrowed down the list to companies which produce 20'' freestyle (dirt/street/park) frames/completes. Hence no Odyssey/Animal/etc. Otherwise it would have been to big.
I should have stated the criterias in the first place, sorry about that.

Now it's pretty comprehensive. I just forgot (feel free to report some more):
Premium - 58K (I reported 4K only)
Eastern - 26k
Deco - 21K
Division - 19K
KHE - 16K
Fiction - 13K
Radio - 10K
Deluxe - 7K
Cryptic - 1K

|

5/21/2018 11:55 AM

dikiz wrote:

I narrowed down the list to companies which produce 20'' freestyle (dirt/street/park) frames/completes. Hence no Odyssey/Animal/etc. Otherwise it would have been to big.
I should have stated the criterias in the first place, sorry about that.

Now it's pretty comprehensive. I just forgot (feel free to report some more):
Premium - 58K (I reported 4K only)
Eastern - 26k
Deco - 21K
Division - 19K
KHE - 16K
Fiction - 13K
Radio - 10K
Deluxe - 7K
Cryptic - 1K

Sunday 218k
Federal 228k
WeThePeople 180k
Standard 15.5k
Kink 176k
United 98.7k
Bone Deth 30.4k
Hyper 149k

|

Hmmm