Most stems = paying just for the name?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2011 6:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/5/2011 6:08 PM

Like what's the difference between the $30 amber stem and the $50 fly stem? They're both made out of 6061 t6 aluminum and are both CNC'd... I know the amber weighs a bit more but is that it?

|

9/5/2011 6:16 PM

yeah, but it also depends on durability, the heavier one is made to last longer I believe

|

Kaizen Custom

Official PayPal Seal

Ref: Trentydoo, the balt, Duane_Priest1
Purchases: Trentydoo- Frame, Chain, Bottom Bracket, Seat Post, the balt- Shadow Stem

9/5/2011 6:54 PM

i ride a fly stemsmile it looks so nice and lifetime waranty i belive atleast i kno my fly forrks are lifetime against breaks

|

I HAVE A PAIR OF BLACK ODDY 7KAS I WILL TRADE BOTH FOR A PAIR OF SUN ENVYS (MUST BE FRONT AND REAR MATCHING SET) ANY COLOR

9/5/2011 6:57 PM

my we the people stem has lasted almost 3 years now

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

9/5/2011 6:59 PM

yeah usually its just the name. thats why i look for specs, not color or brand.

|

9/5/2011 8:40 PM

The answer to your question is no. CNC machines are expensive and parts for these machines can cost more than your bike... and all of your friends' bikes put together. Companies that make their own stems are just trying to make some sort of profit.

|

9/5/2011 8:42 PM

iridebmx2122 wrote:

i ride a fly stemsmile it looks so nice and lifetime waranty i belive atleast i kno my fly forrks are lifetime against breaks

fly has a 1 year warranty.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?