Mr. Grifter (Questions for a certain Vital User)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2015 8:16 PM

I believe it was Ricked_em that I guess is absolutely in love with grifters.

Anyway I am I sent out a wish list off amazon along with other items, Protec Bucky Helmet, Fox Gloves, etc.... but I also asked for 2.10 Foldable Maxxis Grifter Tires.

The 2.10 Grifters...

1. How much grind abuse can I really put into these. I really do not do any super heavy/rough grinds.
>When I do any grinds at my local plaza, it's on the smooth, granite ledges, or a small concrete ledge I like to try things on.
>When I do any grinds at my local park, it's on a grind box with a square bar as coping (So.... pretty smooth grinding surface)
>When I ride street, around my area or in downtown, I am usually on an already waxed and ready to go ledge.

2. To protect my tires when grinding, can I just put some wax on the sidewalls to reduce friction? or will that have no real difference in wear?

3. How long do you usually have Maxxis Grifter Tires before they are super worn? 3 months? 6 months? 9 months? 12?

That's about it on questions for now. Hope ya see this, if not, I can just pm you.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/27/2015 9:20 PM

Considering he doesn't run pegs and is anti-street, I doubt he'll have the answers you are looking for.

As for how long they last, that all depends on you. Might last one person a month, and another person a year. There's too many factors that differ per rider to say how long a tire will last you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2015 9:26 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Considering he doesn't run pegs and is anti-street, I doubt he'll have the answers you are looking for.

As for how long they ...more

alright, fair enough

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/27/2015 9:33 PM

I only ever ran them in the rear....and absolutely loved them. I ride a lot of street and run brakes, but am not huge in using my pegs. I never wore through a sidewall. I have an odyssey tire out back right now because it was cheap, but a grifter is the only tire I will ever spend money on again (in the rear).

|

11/27/2015 10:09 PM

I reccomend rizers. I know those can handle grinding.

|

11/28/2015 6:45 PM

when you wax ledges you dont just wax the top you also wax the side............

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

11/29/2015 12:20 PM

Yea I love the tire for dirt and ramps and as mentioned I dont do street and hate pegs haha. I would "guess" a 2.1 wouldn't hang up that much but the sidewalls feel thicket then other folding tires I've used. The rizer was built to be lightweight and have what they call an exo around the side for grinding. I have a rizer in 2.3 (2.28 inflated) sitting in my garage. $25 shipped

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

11/30/2015 6:45 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

As for how long they ...more

OH MY GOD THIS.

Too many kids flipped out on me because I have had the same set of Momentums for like 2 years and had a set before that for like the same amount of time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura