Music To Ride To

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2019 7:39 PM

So what do yall prefer to jam out to while you ride?

I listen to a lot of crusty punk, oldschool midwest emo, brakbeat hardcore, house, black metal, bubblegum bass, hiphop, and indie. Pretty much everything tbh.

But nothin matches the vibes for me on a bike quite like some dirty ass Memphis style rap. Could be total bs but i feel like it helps my timing and my style

|

3/21/2019 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2019 8:04 PM

Anything and everything

Here's my YouTube playlist, there's a whole lot in there: [link]

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/21/2019 8:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2019 8:54 PM

There is a music section........

I don't listen to music when I ride, but on my way I listen to stuff that really doesn't suit my riding style. Funeral diner are a favourite at the moment. But I usually ride better when I've got some steely Dan stuck in my head or something. Funky stuff seems to suit my riding style I think

|

3/21/2019 8:50 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

There is a music section........

I don't listen to music when I ride, but on my way I listen to stuff that really doesn't suit my riding style. Funeral diner are a favourite at the moment. But I usually ride better when I've got some steely Dan stuck in my head or something. Funky stuff seems to suit my riding style I think

In fairness, that section is pretty much dead...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/21/2019 8:52 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

There is a music section........

I don't listen to music when I ride, but on my way I listen to stuff that really doesn't suit my riding style. Funeral diner are a favourite at the moment. But I usually ride better when I've got some steely Dan stuck in my head or something. Funky stuff seems to suit my riding style I think

Oh snap! My bad! I was jus tryna bring a positive post to General that wasnt divisive ?

|

3/21/2019 8:53 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

There is a music section........

I don't listen to music when I ride, but on my way I listen to stuff that really doesn't suit my riding style. Funeral diner are a favourite at the moment. But I usually ride better when I've got some steely Dan stuck in my head or something. Funky stuff seems to suit my riding style I think

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Oh snap! My bad! I was jus tryna bring a positive post to General that wasnt divisive ?

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some arguments about what music is better anyway XD

|

3/21/2019 9:10 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

There is a music section........

I don't listen to music when I ride, but on my way I listen to stuff that really doesn't suit my riding style. Funeral diner are a favourite at the moment. But I usually ride better when I've got some steely Dan stuck in my head or something. Funky stuff seems to suit my riding style I think

Pretty obscure band haha I used to listen to them and quite a few similar bands. Good genre that isn’t really around anymore.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/21/2019 9:11 PM

Midwest emo sucks and isn’t real emo!

Jk I used to listen to some of those bands way back when

I used to be a genre nerd for sure

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/21/2019 9:16 PM

Four wrote:

Midwest emo sucks and isn’t real emo!

Jk I used to listen to some of those bands way back when

I used to be a genre nerd for sure

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE”

???

|

3/21/2019 9:29 PM

I would say I listen to emo, but it's such a shit show of muddled genres it's basically undefineable now. The scene kids ruined it by labelling literally anything they liked as emo. Same with post hardcore.
I lived with some scene kids in around 2003, and they all called themselves emo. The stuff they'd say was ridiculous. One of them didn't like a girl and actually said "she's got star tattoos and isn't even emo" like only emo kids are allowed star tattoos? I argued with them a lot about music/fashion ?

Generally I don't really like genre's, just a few select bands/whatever from various genres.

|

3/21/2019 9:39 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I would say I listen to emo, but it's such a shit show of muddled genres it's basically undefineable now. The scene kids ruined it by labelling literally anything they liked as emo. Same with post hardcore.
I lived with some scene kids in around 2003, and they all called themselves emo. The stuff they'd say was ridiculous. One of them didn't like a girl and actually said "she's got star tattoos and isn't even emo" like only emo kids are allowed star tattoos? I argued with them a lot about music/fashion ?

Generally I don't really like genre's, just a few select bands/whatever from various genres.

Hard agree. Similar to whats happening with Goth rn. Don’t even know what post-punk or coldwave is n just calling anythingnwith black lipstick “goth” ? so many good bands rn too going unnoticed by these supposed “goth kids” cringemax. But just like scene girls were, these babybats are pretty damned cute so i let it slide ?‍♂️

|

3/22/2019 12:42 AM

System of a down will get you hyped

|

Ride everything

3/22/2019 2:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/22/2019 2:16 AM

Usually Spotify Daily Recommendations. They're usually pretty decent based on what you normally listen to. Don't want to be digging through my phone the whole sesh.

Not to hijack the thread, but what earphones do people on here like? I don't want noise cancelling while riding, but it seems almost all earphones with no cancelling just fall out.

|

3/22/2019 7:25 AM

Four wrote:

Midwest emo sucks and isn’t real emo!

Jk I used to listen to some of those bands way back when

I used to be a genre nerd for sure

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE”

???

This haha. sounds like something I’d post forever ago. I listened to both for a while, stuff like Mineral, Rites of Spring, Indian summer, Flashbulb Memory, Cap n Jazz. I also listened to stuff like sunny day real estate but I never got too into the Midwest stuff too sad for me.

I did and still do listen Screamo bands like Saetia, Circle Takes the Square, Orchid, Jerome’s Dream, Joshua Fit for battle, Reversal Of Man, La Quiete, Raein

But I don’t listen to music much anymore lol. If I do it’s just random shit like 80s, house music, dubstep (not the ridiculous skrillex type of shit), older metal, whatever lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/22/2019 7:58 AM

|

fack off

3/22/2019 8:37 AM

adamnmexican wrote:


|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/22/2019 9:32 AM

Russian Circles, Animals as Leaders, lots of instrumental.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/22/2019 9:51 AM

I don't listen to music while riding but I really like this band ">Totorro

|

3/22/2019 9:54 AM

Kodak black with apple airpods

|

3/22/2019 11:25 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

I don't listen to music while riding but I really like this band ">Totorro

Totorro rule! And kind of suit my riding better than the noise I usually listen to

|

3/22/2019 11:28 AM

Four wrote:

Midwest emo sucks and isn’t real emo!

Jk I used to listen to some of those bands way back when

I used to be a genre nerd for sure

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE”

???

Four wrote:

This haha. sounds like something I’d post forever ago. I listened to both for a while, stuff like Mineral, Rites of Spring, Indian summer, Flashbulb Memory, Cap n Jazz. I also listened to stuff like sunny day real estate but I never got too into the Midwest stuff too sad for me.

I did and still do listen Screamo bands like Saetia, Circle Takes the Square, Orchid, Jerome’s Dream, Joshua Fit for battle, Reversal Of Man, La Quiete, Raein

But I don’t listen to music much anymore lol. If I do it’s just random shit like 80s, house music, dubstep (not the ridiculous skrillex type of shit), older metal, whatever lol.

Lol yeah thats the infamous “Real Emo” CopyPasta. Not entirely wrong but written super douchy lol.

N Oh hell yeah! Thats good stuff.

|

3/22/2019 11:49 AM

Lyrical rappers, reggae, grime and old school punk.

|

3/22/2019 11:53 AM

Gwar, death , punk

|

3/22/2019 5:07 PM

I listen to a lot of 90s and early 2000s rock, I listen to so many different genres within this label that it is hard for me to say that I have one genre.
Basically I listen to what sounds good to me?

|

3/23/2019 7:30 PM

Anyone have a playlist they don't mind sharing(Youtube, Spotify, etc.)? Don't really care about the genre or anything but I'm always looking for playlists to scavenge from

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson