Mutiny Obscura or BSD Soulja Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2015 7:23 AM

Thinking of building a 2nd bike. What thing that really stands out on the BSD Soulja frame is the 7mm cast dropouts. Mutiny Obscura frame is on point too with the tall headtube

|

10/14/2015 7:31 AM

lairdframe.com

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

10/14/2015 8:37 AM

Mutiny !

|

10/14/2015 8:46 AM

THE OBSCURA IS A SERIOUSLY DOPE FUCKING FRAME. Its definitely the next frame i get.

|

10/14/2015 9:07 AM

trainwrex wrote:

THE OBSCURA IS A SERIOUSLY DOPE FUCKING FRAME. Its definitely the next frame i get.

Yeah obscura is nice .5 taller bb and tiny bit shorter rear end than the Soulja frame

|

10/14/2015 9:09 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

lairdframe.com

Yeah Laird frames are very appealing especially the welds and craftsman ship he puts in every frame! Only thing is he won't do top tube gussets. He said there isn't a need for them. That's cool but, If I'm paying for a custom I want a top tune gussett.

|

10/14/2015 9:51 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

lairdframe.com

MotiveLife27 wrote:

Yeah Laird frames are very appealing especially the welds and craftsman ship he puts in every frame! Only thing is he won't do ...more

Well one thing to consider is that more welds = more break points. Welding actually can weaken the metal on either side of the welds themselves.

If you want a top tube gusset, have him make the frame and have one added? Or get a different brand to make one like Standard, or FBM?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/14/2015 10:19 AM

Correct the more weld=more heat=weaker frame. If a single gusset keeps you from buying something when there's no real evidence that it would keep frames from breaking then yes look into FBM.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

10/14/2015 1:24 PM

yeah I'm pretty sure standard or someone said it stiffens the top tube, but that doesnt always mean stronger.
BSD is a dope company, but so is Mutiny. Personally I'd probably go with the BSD but get whichever has more your preferred geometry

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)