My American Dream

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2018 1:13 PM

I’ve had a trip to the states booked for almost a year and having never crossed the pond to anywhere north of Meheco, I was stoked to be finally visiting.

I’ve gotta say....you Yanks have it sooooo good.

It took some planning but the lbs owners out here are awesome. I visited Profile legend and all round good guy - Chad Degroot at his store Mr Boards n Bikes in Longwood, Fl. He hooked me up with a new wheel set
GSport Rollcage laced to Profile Minis with the full Ti treatment. Used Deco(Chads brand) spokes and nips to support the cause.
Profile Column Cranks Black 165mm with Ti spindle
Profile Galaxy Sprocket 25t Black
Photo

By total coincidence, Chad told me that the Sparkys Jam was happening 1mile up the road! With most of the Shadow/Subrosa team inc Trey Jones, Mark Burnett and Joris Coulomb etc.
Photo
Photo
Awesome!!!! They had a clearance sale in the warehouse and I managed to score some Shadow Contender Featherweight Tires, almost extinct in Europe. Worth it just for these bad boys
Photo

Gabe over at Cheapgoodsbmx.com also shipped me some S&M Widemouth Pitchforks 26mm to take back to not so sunny Britain.

God bless America and god bless BMX

I’ll be back
?

|

If you build it, they will come

10/22/2018 1:20 PM

Just move herelaughing

But next time, come to Texascool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/22/2018 1:24 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just move herelaughing

Apparently Austin, Tx is the best place to live in the US.

I’ve alrea been doing my research. Just trying to come up with a stronger reason than “I love BMX” for my gf to get on board with ?

|

10/22/2018 1:25 PM

Thats why we revolted. Your tea and bikes were too expensive! Little known fact: Paul Revere was actually riding a Volume War Horse on that fateful night. Happy to hear about your dope experience here smile

|

10/22/2018 1:31 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just move herelaughing

LS1982 wrote:

I’ve alrea been doing my research. Just trying to come up with a ...more

I mean, its cheaper to live here too. That's a pretty good reason to move lol

I haven't been to Austin for a while, but downtoen Austin is a bit funky, but surrounding areas are nicer for sure. But I wouldn't mind moving to Austin one day. It's about a 3 and 1/2 hour drive north from where I'm at. So it's no where near as humid there as it is in south Texas where I'm at... Itll still be hot there, just not super humidity lol

|

10/22/2018 1:41 PM

Bikes are cool but don't move here.

|

10/22/2018 1:50 PM

LS1982 wrote:

Pizza is a good enough reason to Move to America. Everything else though...eh.

Glad to see you had a good time, man. I'm waiting patiently for someone from overseas to come to NYC so we can ride across the city together!

Really awesome that you met Chad Degroot AND went to the Sparky's Jam.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

10/22/2018 1:56 PM

Yall are negative as hell! lol! I used to live in UK. London and then Gloucestershire. America is cheaper with much better taxes and weather. Only things I miss are the meat pies, raves, and Welsh girls

|

10/22/2018 2:00 PM

I’ve heard the only thing that comes out of Texas are queers and steers

|

10/22/2018 2:01 PM

You're welcome! laughing

|

10/22/2018 2:21 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I don't see no horns...

|

10/22/2018 5:31 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I mean, its cheaper to live here too. That's a pretty good reason to move lol

I haven't been to Austin for a while, but ...more

Filled up the rental car with “gas” from empty.....$28!!!! ?

|

10/22/2018 5:39 PM

LS1982 wrote:

Filled up the rental car with “gas” from empty.....$28!!!! ?

My point exactly

|

10/22/2018 5:46 PM

eskimojay wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I don't see no horns...

just 2 horns in 1 steer kissing

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

10/22/2018 6:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I don't see no horns...

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

just 2 horns in 1 steer kissing

ROFLLLL!!! laughing laughing laughing *deceased*

|

10/22/2018 11:30 PM

I'd rather not be in a life threatening accident and actually have to debate whether or not to call an ambulance because it's gonna cost me thousands of dollars to be honest...

|

10/23/2018 2:56 AM

Super jealous, I bet the Sparky's jam was awesome.

I would love to visit Austin, but I can't sell it to the missus ermm

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/23/2018 2:58 AM

RumHam wrote:

I'd rather not be in a life threatening accident and actually have to debate whether or not to call an ambulance because it's ...more

I agree with this, for now. But at the rate things are going we won't have much of an NHS left in a few years. And I could've bought a detached 3 bed house with garage and garden for the price of my flat!

I'd love to go to America. But I hate flying. I'm glad you had an awesome time!

|

10/23/2018 3:08 AM

RumHam wrote:

I'd rather not be in a life threatening accident and actually have to debate whether or not to call an ambulance because it's ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

I agree with this, for now. But at the rate things are going we won't have much of an NHS left in a few years. And I could've ...more

Yep agreed about the state of the NHS. Don't get me wrong, there are some great things about America. I've been before and would go again if I had the money and saw the right location but Americans talking about the US like it's perfect and doesn't have any problems really rubs me the wrong way

|

10/23/2018 4:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 4:54 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just move herelaughing

LS1982 wrote:

Come on up to Milwaukee! We have similar weather (albeit, a bit colder), we have 4Seasons Indoor park, Summerfest (the world's largest music festival), Lake MIchigan (one of the Great Lakes), Chicago to the south (not sure if that's a selling point or not), tons of breweries, Miller Brewery (same caveat as Chicago), Pabst Brewery (Ditto.... but it's a Staple of Milwaukee), great food, great people, Harley-Davidson (if that's you gig), & a whole host of other shit to do AND.... you'd have me as a riding bud!

Anyway, let me know when you get here! I'll hook you up with all the cool shit!

P.S. Glad you had a great time! Sounds like an awesome trip! & Congrats on the parts hookup!

|

10/23/2018 4:50 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Yall are negative as hell! lol! I used to live in UK. London and then Gloucestershire. America is cheaper with much better ...more

I lived there for 2 years while in the service. I loved it! Great country!

|

10/23/2018 4:53 AM

RumHam wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

I agree with this, for now. But at the rate things are going we won't have much of an NHS left in a few years. And I could've ...more

Come on over, Steve! Tough out that flight & I'll hook you up with a place to stay while you are here.

|

10/23/2018 4:56 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Just move herelaughing

LS1982 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Come on up to Milwaukee! We have similar weather (albeit, a bit colder), we have 4Seasons Indoor park, Summerfest (the world's ...more

No. Don't move to Milwaukee. It's currently snowing there right? Oh yeah, I forgot, its still 60°F here.

laughing laughing laughing

|

10/23/2018 6:37 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

No. Don't move to Milwaukee. It's currently snowing there right? Oh yeah, I forgot, its still 60F here.

I'll be tire riding polar bears and peg chinking snowmen over here in the north while you sweat your ass off down there boytongue

|

10/23/2018 6:44 AM

RumHam wrote:

No debate necessary. It will definitely cost you thousands. laughing

|

10/23/2018 7:22 AM

LS1982 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Come on up to Milwaukee! We have similar weather (albeit, a bit colder), we have 4Seasons Indoor park, Summerfest (the world's ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

No. Don't move to Milwaukee. It's currently snowing there right? Oh yeah, I forgot, its still 60F here.

It isn't snowing here! It's really nice. Cool but nice.

|

10/23/2018 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 7:28 AM

RumHam wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

No debate necessary. It will definitely cost you thousands. laughing

I wouldn't say the ambulance will cost thousands. That would only be around $500. The E-room visit, on the other hand, will help make up the other 1k-1500.

|

10/23/2018 7:38 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Yall are negative as hell! lol! I used to live in UK. London and then Gloucestershire. America is cheaper with much better ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I lived there for 2 years while in the service. I loved it! Great country!

Gloucestershire was... undercover scummy? Like the area was nice, but a lot of people were icky on the inside.

London was awesome! I love it and I visit my friends and family often. Just saying I prefer Miami, which offers similar entertainment for much less dinero n better weather. Like my quality of life has gone up. Feeding myself in London? YIKES! If for some reason I had to move away, I would go back. Also said I would raise my (accidental) kids there lol.

|

10/23/2018 7:47 AM

RumHam wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Come on over, Steve! Tough out that flight & I'll hook you up with a place to stay while you are here.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure my wife and kid would be too happy about me selling our home and running away!

|

10/23/2018 8:09 AM

Texas-England you're both Europeans that talk funny to me. Photo
jk, don't crucify me I'm from NM,neighbors w/ TX and grew up with a slight southern twang myself.

|