My Ankles

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2016 6:41 PM

Ok, I might be a wimp... BUT for some reason I have really weak ankles suddenly. I didn't do anything to hurt them at all. So I was wondering, do people ride with ankle braces? And if you do, what are a few that I could check out?

|

I am a monkey.

2/28/2016 8:59 PM

I think so... If you need to check if fuse has any... Or with shadow I know they make ankle pads

|

2/28/2016 9:07 PM

Shadows work hella much esp for tail whips.my wrists are weak sometimes if i dont hold em stiff enough ill tweak it&i can't ride for days.plus I've broke my left one twice&fractured my right one

|

2/28/2016 9:53 PM

Take a break from the bike. Your ankles are hurt. Ice them, do leg excersizes, but not ones that will hurt you more, and they'll be better than ever. I took a month off but with wrists, did this, and they're going strong. And a brace is awesome.

|

2/29/2016 6:53 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Take a break from the bike. Your ankles are hurt. Ice them, do leg excersizes, but not ones that will hurt you more, and ...more

This ^

When I first started riding my bike, my ankles and wrists hurt really bad. But as time goes on, it will eventually go away. And if it doesn't seem to go away, take a break from it, as biggy said. Do some leg exercises and things like that. A good one is to hold a heavy object in one hand, and use the other hand to balance yourself against a wall, and then stand on one foot, and stand on your tippy toes, then back down, then up, then down again. And do it 10-20 times each leg. It works your ankles and calves. Just an idea B-)

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

2/29/2016 11:28 AM

Take a few days off. If it doesn't go away, consider going to a doctor for assistance and LEGITIMATE MEDICAL ADVICE. What worked for them might not work for you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/1/2016 1:48 PM

Do you think it is because I didn't ride throughout winter? I can't because I live in Canada.

|

I am a monkey.

3/1/2016 1:49 PM

So just ankle excercises? OK

|

I am a monkey.

3/1/2016 2:47 PM

9_VoltPopcorn wrote:

Do you think it is because I didn't ride throughout winter? I can't because I live in Canada.

I live in Minnesota, so I feel your pain. BUT I COULD be that, it also could be that you go a long time without riding, and then if you do ride a while, everything will become sore faster.

Exercise during the winter. Go to a gym, do exercises at home, whatever works.

Without use, muscles can atrophy (weaken), so if you go from riding a ton, to not moving much, that will cause issues.

Get yourself a fatbike or a mountain bike, or some snowshoes or something, or even boot up and go hiking. Get some exercise and it will help.

TAKE IT EASY THOUGH. Don't expect to go all out immediately.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/1/2016 5:35 PM

you could probably just wrap em with an ace bandage for extra support while youre riding... but if theyre hurting go easy on yourself. not taking it easy can make problems that are tiny get a lot bigger.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "