My BMX Progress Thread

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2013 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2013 5:46 PM

I'm a beginner in BMX and thought it'd be cool to do a progression thread.

Got my new bike last Thursday.

1st day at skatepark- got used to my bike, dropped in for first time, and learned to 180 in the half pipe. I attempted to get out of the half pipe and ended up falling flat on my back (half pipe is 8ft tall)

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

6/30/2013 11:49 PM

Update: I tried ALL day doing fakies, but not progress so far

|

7/1/2013 8:56 AM

i got my bike 3 days ago and i can fakie and 180, gturn kinda and im getting pretty good at manuals.

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/1/2013 9:02 AM

agcrx wrote:

i got my bike 3 days ago and i can fakie and 180, gturn kinda and im getting pretty good at manuals.

I highly doubt you learned 180s having a bike for 3 days...

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/1/2013 9:04 AM

agcrx wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Yeah lol. I doubt you could fakie or gturn or even a decent manual either.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/1/2013 9:29 AM

agcrx wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Four wrote:

I've been trying gturns for fucking months and still don't have them consistant

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/1/2013 9:32 AM

andyferly wrote:

Four wrote:

future FBM wrote:

I've been trying gturns for fucking months and still don't have them consistant

i've been trying 180's for a month now and yet to get em consistent, thus i call bullshit

|

Bruh

7/1/2013 9:37 AM

agcrx wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Well not obviously every time, I swear to
God I landed a 180 my first day 4 times off of a fly out . Almost a 3 too. I don't get them constant but sometimes I get lucky . And yesterday I got fakies down pat off of a wall or footjam. Gturns are not that hard. Just carve into em keep pressure on ur front tire and watch it the whole way. I used to bmx when I was like 13 but not alot . I'm 17 now .

|

7/1/2013 9:41 AM

I've been riding like 8 hours a day high as fuck just practicing and putting in the time to
Get decent faster than most people. I always loved
To ride a bike and right now all I want to do is bmx

|

7/1/2013 11:50 AM

I get what the dude is saying here. I did the same thing, i learned 180s real quick and all the stuff. I progress really really fast because i ride a lot. I literally ride every day as hard as i can.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/1/2013 5:37 PM

2nd day at skatepark, I tried clearing the coping on the half pipe, I kept messing up, my nerves got the best of me.
I spent time trying to 180 on the box, couldn't do it.

|

7/1/2013 5:50 PM

agcrx wrote:

andyferly wrote:

agcrx wrote:

Well not obviously every time, I swear to
God I landed a 180 my first day 4 times off of a fly out . Almost a 3 too. I don't get them constant but sometimes I get lucky . And yesterday I got fakies down pat off of a wall or footjam. Gturns are not that hard. Just carve into em keep pressure on ur front tire and watch it the whole way. I used to bmx when I was like 13 but not alot . I'm 17 now .

Sounds good buddy keep it going!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/1/2013 5:53 PM

agcrx wrote:

I've been riding like 8 hours a day high as fuck just practicing and putting in the time to
Get decent faster than most people. I always loved
To ride a bike and right now all I want to do is bmx

ik how you feel even though i had my bike since February i still feel the same excitement every time i get on my bike

|

7/1/2013 5:59 PM

okay today i completely bent the shit out of my single walled stock rim practicing 180's like wtfffff. shitty rims

|

7/1/2013 6:19 PM

agcrx wrote:

okay today i completely bent the shit out of my single walled stock rim practicing 180's like wtfffff. shitty rims

My wheels need to be trued badly, and my crank has just recently started making an odd clicking noise :/

|

7/1/2013 8:02 PM

agcrx wrote:

LDewey wrote:

My wheels need to be trued badly, and my crank has just recently started making an odd clicking noise :/

i just bought a primo remix to demo zero back wheel and bsd front to proper rim front wheel. so pumped! now my bike wont die.

|

7/3/2013 11:00 PM

I successfully did a consistent amount of fakies!!! It felt so good, I spent all day in the driveway practicing. I also practiced manuals, there was sometimes that I did it pretty good for a good distance, just gotta be more consistent.

|

7/4/2013 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2013 9:57 AM

I think he's talking bout rockwalks, for a gturn i believe you have to travel backwards on your front wheel

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12