My BmX Accident

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2011 5:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 6:42 AM

Thursday 4-13-11
On my way to school I was riding my bike to a bus stop.
I was crossing a street riding my bike(my light was green),An SUV is on a stop on the left turning lane( his light was red) he said that he was trying to see because he couldnt see anything behind the stop line.so he pulled forward(only looking to the left)as I cross the street,He press the gas really hard as if he was just gonna run the red light.he hit and ran me over.Me and my bike under the SUV.Crushing my left shin.My bike lifted the SUV before It can run my right leg and stomach over.My Bike Saved my life,With out it I wouldnt be here rite now.Im currently in the hospital here in Mesa,Arizona.Waiting for my Surgery.Doctors are gonna screw a Medal bar or plate on to my shin.
MY BIKE:Bent Cranks and Pedals,Ripped Front tire, My whole Front Wheel is Destroyed.I havent really got tru the whole bike yet but so far that is all i know

We are Going to Sue the Suspect. Hopefully I can win.

I wanna hear your word if you know anything,write me if you experience something like this happen.

If you guys have any part that you can flow,I would appreciate your kindness.

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]

|

4/18/2011 5:15 AM

Wow man that brutal im sorry. get better soon! whould you mind posting pictures of your bike?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/18/2011 5:21 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Wow man that brutal im sorry. get better soon! whould you mind posting pictures of your bike?

try it on my other post,Thanks brosmile

|

4/18/2011 5:41 AM

sounds like you got hit by an American.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

4/18/2011 5:55 AM

Pic are up! and yes its a white dude!

|

4/18/2011 6:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2011 6:01 AM

A while back me and my mate were at the bottom of a hill and at the top was some minivan with 4 toddlers in it, the mum left the car for less then 2 minutes and they managed to release the handbrake and put the car in gear, we just had enough time to move but the car crushed my friends bike and crashed into some bushland, luckily the kids were alright ,they were just heaps scared.
But yeah the owner of the car was just relieved that her children were okay and apologised about everything.She ended up giving my friend enough money for a new bike.

|

4/18/2011 6:14 AM

Trev wrote:

A while back me and my mate were at the bottom of a hill and at the top was some minivan with 4 toddlers in it, the mum left the car for less then 2 minutes and they managed to release the handbrake and put the car in gear, we just had enough time to move but the car crushed my friends bike and crashed into some bushland, luckily the kids were alright ,they were just heaps scared.
But yeah the owner of the car was just relieved that her children were okay and apologised about everything.She ended up giving my friend enough money for a new bike.

dang thats cool.glad their okay and the bike is replaced.

|

4/18/2011 7:23 AM

i heard you can lose if you dont have brakes

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

4/18/2011 7:27 AM

mitchovich wrote:

hahaha i was goning slow,

|

4/18/2011 7:38 AM

damn dude. that sucks. get better soon though!

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

4/18/2011 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2011 7:47 AM

mitchovich wrote:

The perp can also loose for encroaching a Pedestrian walk way at a red light. The O.P. had the right of way according to his story. So him having brakes or not is a moot point.

duhrellie, sorry to hear about your accident. Looks pretty rough. Glad you are going to be OK. Got some good meds I hope.

That is my biggest fear here. People will drive on sidewalks going the wrong way to avoid having to make u-turns. Jump curbs to go around someone stopped in the street. Our Mass transit here are "decorated" Blue-Bird type school buses(diablo rojo). They care nothing for the law.
Scary stuff man.

Get well soon. Hopefully the perp that hit you will foot all your bills plus bike without having to go to court. They did have insurance, correct?

|

4/18/2011 7:54 AM

Glad you are decently ok man. Get well soon. Hopefully everything goes your way too. At the very least you should get compensation for medical bills and bike damage from their insurance. Make sure you contact the city and the DMV or Transportation department to try to see if there was any traffic cams at that intersection. By way of a police report you should be able to find the time it happened and have proof of your green and their red as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2011 7:59 AM

mitchovich wrote:

thats bullshit if its true. i can stop my bike on a dime brakeless, you just do like skiiers do.

for getting hit, that suck, hopefully you get a brand new super nice bike for all your troubles and pain. just say you have nightmares of it and are afraid of crosswalks now to really fuck the guy who hit you.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

4/18/2011 8:06 AM

mitchovich wrote:

just say your cable snapped a day before the accident and your so lucky that the pedals or pegs didnt stab you. glad to hear your alive tongue

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

4/18/2011 10:03 AM

True story.By law in all fifty states,a bicycle must have a rear brake that can cause a skid.They might call you on it.
You can google bicycle laws for(your state here).

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

4/18/2011 10:12 AM

mitchovich wrote:

Espresso wrote:

The perp can also loose for encroaching a Pedestrian walk way at a red light. The O.P. had the right of way according to his story. So him having brakes or not is a moot point.

duhrellie, sorry to hear about your accident. Looks pretty rough. Glad you are going to be OK. Got some good meds I hope.

That is my biggest fear here. People will drive on sidewalks going the wrong way to avoid having to make u-turns. Jump curbs to go around someone stopped in the street. Our Mass transit here are "decorated" Blue-Bird type school buses(diablo rojo). They care nothing for the law.
Scary stuff man.

Get well soon. Hopefully the perp that hit you will foot all your bills plus bike without having to go to court. They did have insurance, correct?

yes! i think he has statefarm. and thanks man i appreciate it, and be careful out there man.

|

4/18/2011 10:15 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Glad you are decently ok man. Get well soon. Hopefully everything goes your way too. At the very least you should get compensation for medical bills and bike damage from their insurance. Make sure you contact the city and the DMV or Transportation department to try to see if there was any traffic cams at that intersection. By way of a police report you should be able to find the time it happened and have proof of your green and their red as well.

ok i'll see if i can get all the.idk if the was any cameras tho.but there was witnesses i just dont know their name.
but thanks man!

|

4/18/2011 10:18 AM

That really sucks man. Sorry to hear that you got takin out and can't ride at the moment.

|

4/18/2011 10:19 AM

mitchovich wrote:

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

thats bullshit if its true. i can stop my bike on a dime brakeless, you just do like skiiers do.

for getting hit, that suck, hopefully you get a brand new super nice bike for all your troubles and pain. just say you have nightmares of it and are afraid of crosswalks now to really fuck the guy who hit you.

i agree with you,cuz he hit me i didnt hit him.so even if i stopped,he was coming to me so either way im nailed!

|

I hope you have a speedy recovery, and you'll be back on you're bike soon. Hate to see people getting hurt, especially when it's not their fault.
Good luck with everything bro!

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

Josh321 wrote:

damn dude. that sucks. get better soon though!

thanks man! wish me luck!

|

4/18/2011 10:25 AM

camjf wrote:

I hope you have a speedy recovery, and you'll be back on you're bike soon. Hate to see people getting hurt, especially when it's not their fault.
Good luck with everything bro!

thanks man,i hope the same.

|

4/18/2011 10:27 AM

fearless wrote:

That really sucks man. Sorry to hear that you got takin out and can't ride at the moment.

yeah its the worst man,after going to the skatepark almost everyday and trying to get better this is my result.I just really hope to comeback strong tho

|

4/18/2011 10:38 AM

So your shin dbones are broken right?

Are they broken or crushed?

And is the metal plate/rod gonna be in there for ever?!

GET WELL FAST BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

4/18/2011 10:38 AM

damn dude, sorry to hear this happened to you too. i got lucky though, it was some fat bitch in a low coupe. the cunt was pulling out of a parking lot and hit me and just sped off saying "sorry!". i got hit a couple months ago too by some lady in a bigger car but this time it was kinda a nudge. her car was bigger though and i almost lost my front rim but it just threw the alignment off. she looked decently sorry so i just was like whatever and rode off.

|

4/18/2011 10:42 AM

wow man sorry to hear about this hope you get better abd back to shreading sue the pants off that fucker

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

4/18/2011 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2011 10:49 AM

bmx4life121303 wrote:

wow man sorry to hear about this hope you get better abd back to shreading sue the pants off that fucker

douchebags dont wear pants, they wear khaki shorts and mandals. wink

|

4/18/2011 11:02 AM

get better soon brody...

|

4/18/2011 11:29 AM

mitchovich wrote:

well he was bearly even moving he was pedaling off,sue for bills and new bike.also find any witnesses.nd hope u get beter.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

4/18/2011 11:33 AM

Ouch that looks and sounds painful, its good that your okay. Sue that dude lol, if you are sure that he was totally in the wrong. The brake thing could affect your case though..

|