My Bmx forks seem to be bending hellllpppppp

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2013 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2013 11:07 AM

Okay so people have been saying that they look bent and its only recently I have noticed my self. It's not bad but I just need so know how to stop it if they Are bending. I have looked at stock pictures of my bike ( united kl40 expert ) and the forks don't look in the same position as mine are. The photo doesn't really show it well. I have also taken off my forks and had a look at the tube and where the forks and that pole meet there is a little metal ring and its hot a gap on the side where it seems to be bending. I have not had the bike long so I'm unsure what it is Photo

|

4/28/2013 11:09 AM

This may look better Photo

|

4/28/2013 11:55 AM

they dont look bent too bad, but they are definitely bent. call united, or buy yourself a pair of forks. Veinbmx got some nice cheap ones.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/28/2013 12:16 PM

They do look a little tweaked out. I would email/call United or even 4Down Distro as they run it too. They should be replaced for sure, the bike looks brand new from what i can see!

|

4/28/2013 12:31 PM

Topsey wrote:

They do look a little tweaked out. I would email/call United or even 4Down Distro as they run it too. They should be replaced for sure, the bike looks brand new from what i can see!

Cheers man just emailed them now hope they replace it for free hate forking out haha but yeah 5 month old and bent my forks but try not to throw it about haha

|

4/28/2013 12:35 PM

Topsey wrote:

Isaac_123 wrote:

Cheers man just emailed them now hope they replace it for free hate forking out haha but yeah 5 month old and bent my forks but try not to throw it about haha

Shouldn't try not to, just don't. I strategically let go of my bike to see it bounce around though...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/28/2013 12:42 PM

Topsey wrote:

Isaac_123 wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Shouldn't try not to, just don't. I strategically let go of my bike to see it bounce around though...

No idea what you are tryin to get across

|

4/28/2013 12:53 PM

My Odyssey CS2s look pretty much like that and took years of beating up from different owners, it's not that big of a deal but still something to keep in mind.
It's cool that they'll replace them.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/28/2013 6:44 PM

Check the sale section @sundaybikes.com their forks are $79 right now.

|

why the fuck you got a hub guard and aint got no fucking pegs?!

Vital's Oprah.

MOTW 3/15/10 - 3/21/10

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Oprahs-Sunday-Wave-v1,826431

psn-id: daveydeez

4/28/2013 10:46 PM

dave dynamite wrote:

I will and I do if you look Photo

|

4/28/2013 11:34 PM

Stock forks are pretty much guaranteed to bend somehow. I've ridden about 4 stock forks and all of them bent, problem solved when I got aftermarket forks though.

|

4/29/2013 12:52 AM

dave dynamite wrote:

Mornings 2.1?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/29/2013 8:38 AM

Isaac_123 wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Isaac_123 wrote:

It's not hard at all to not throw your Bike, I've been riding for a year and a half and never once have I ever even been tempted to throw my Bike. It's not your Bike's fault if you bail, or you can't land something. Your Bike will get damaged if you throw it. It doesn't look cool to throw your Bike. Keep that in mind.

|

4/29/2013 8:40 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Isaac_123 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

It's not hard at all to not throw your Bike, I've been riding for a year and a half and never once have I ever even been tempted to throw my Bike. It's not your Bike's fault if you bail, or you can't land something. Your Bike will get damaged if you throw it. It doesn't look cool to throw your Bike. Keep that in mind.

Throwing your bike does nothing but damage stuff.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/29/2013 8:46 AM

By saying I try not to throw it I don't mean I get angry an do it if I'm goin to bail ill throw it away from me so I don't land on it

|

4/29/2013 8:56 AM

Isaac_123 wrote:

By saying I try not to throw it I don't mean I get angry an do it if I'm goin to bail ill throw it away from me so I don't land on it

Oh right.

|

4/29/2013 10:22 AM

You won't likely prevent it from getting worse, BUT you can start putting cash away for a new one. I suggest that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2013 10:45 AM

brianoob wrote:

Stock forks are pretty much guaranteed to bend somehow. I've ridden about 4 stock forks and all of them bent, problem solved when I got aftermarket forks though.

basically lol... ive raped so many stock forks because people just gave em to me when i broke dropouts or bent arms and shit

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/29/2013 6:12 PM

dave dynamite wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Mornings 2.1?

Yeah, morning 2.1's. Mine will be here tomorrow.

|

why the fuck you got a hub guard and aint got no fucking pegs?!

Vital's Oprah.

MOTW 3/15/10 - 3/21/10

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Oprahs-Sunday-Wave-v1,826431

psn-id: daveydeez