My Brief Review of the Dan's DVD

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2013 12:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2013 1:17 PM

From what I can remember with one viewing...

- Alex Magallan has the first part, and it's pretty much what you'd expect... extremely high speeds and unique technical moves.

- Corey Martinez and Seth Kimbrough have a split section that is real solid. Seth does this cab to manny to 3 link on a bank that blew my mind.

- Hoang Tran and Tony Hamlin have a split section, their styles complement each other well.

- Van Homan, Chase D, Morgan Long, and possibly someone else share a fast-paced split section that Morgan ends.

- I'm not sure if Devon Smillie just went on the majority of the trips, or is just really dialed, because he has a super strong full section that definitely stands out.

- Tony Neyer's section stands out since it's chock-full of big and burly dead-man setups, some of which he narrowly escapes (see the Intro).

- Broc Raiford came through with a full a part (I believe it might be his first full-length DVD part?) in a short amount of time and totally kills it. I really want to tell you about his last trick but I won't.

- There are two flatland section... Matt Wilhelm and Terry Adams, and they are both amazing.

- Chad Kerley comes through with a full section and it's crazy. Pretty much exactly what he's known for, but there are a few moves in particular that stood out.

- Raul Ruiz comes through with a solid section full of character. I always love watching Raul ride.

- Trey Jones comes through with one of my personal favorite sections in the video... Totally balls to the wall, plus he does a ton of awesome fastplant and pedal-grind variations, a few of which I've never seen done.

- Dak and Nathan Williams have an amazing split part that's another one of my favorites in the video. You know what to expect with those two sharing a part.

- Stevie Churchill ends things with a bang. His unprecedented bike-control and "manly" ability to take just about any drop or impact make this last section ridiculously entertaining.

I'm sure there's more that I'm missing. This is just a quick rundown of what I remember right now, before last night gets even more fuzzy...

|

12/9/2013 12:50 PM

i stil gotta watch it

|

12/9/2013 1:05 PM

chad kerely didnt make it in it? Im so psyched on brocs part and stevies part!!#OSS jk but still they are great riders! and trey's! He's so good! sorry about the tiny bit of fangirling haha

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/9/2013 1:07 PM

BTW since you're in the film industry... Is volume still doing their full length? They dropped a few awesome promos then dropped off the face of the earth.

|

Deviant BMX store

12/9/2013 1:18 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

BTW since you're in the film industry... Is volume still doing their full length? They dropped a few awesome promos then dropped off the face of the earth.

Just made a little update to the review. As for the Volume video, it's definitely still happening, those promos dropped pretty early on, so everyone has just been stackin' as of late.

|

12/9/2013 3:27 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

Just made a little update to the review. As for the Volume video, it's definitely still happening, those promos dropped pretty early on, so everyone has just been stackin' as of late.

Sweet! And alot of these riders have recently put out parts(psyched on the growth of real dvds!) do you think they are on the level of the latest ones? most notably chad with markit Trey, dak, and chase with talk is cheap and tony hamlin with the kink dvd. Just promoting discussion haha

|

Deviant BMX store

12/9/2013 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2013 4:44 PM

They released it right after deadline. I'd love to buy this , but Deadline is where my money is going.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/10/2013 9:06 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They released it right after deadline. I'd love to buy this , but Deadline is where my money is going.

save it..no offense and i know how much time and work went in to deadline (i'm a huge reynold's fan) but honestly it wasn't that entertaining

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

12/10/2013 2:33 PM

dmx24 wrote:

save it..no offense and i know how much time and work went in to deadline (i'm a huge reynold's fan) but honestly it wasn't that entertaining

This. The beginning of Reynolds part got me going but then he just kept doing the same stuff over and over.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/10/2013 2:46 PM

dmx24 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This. The beginning of Reynolds part got me going but then he just kept doing the same stuff over and over.

Yeah, it gets to a point where it's like ''wow, a handrail...again.''

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/10/2013 4:15 PM

I'd quite like to get this but just ordering a DVD from Dans lol.. Kinda expensive!

|

12/10/2013 6:02 PM

dmx24 wrote:

save it. you can find it on youtube. and contrary to popular belief the guys over at deadline don't even care. they were making jokes about it...

|

Deviant BMX store