My Circumstance.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2013 1:25 PM

Well. I live in a small college town called Bethany, I'm sure you all know that by now. I have had a problem with the people of the town and college fighting against my riding. They all don't want me to ride my bike, at all really. I honestly can't ride IN MY OWN FREAKING TOWN. Security recently made me sign and address and give a number along with one of my friends so they could do something about it. I don't blame security, i blame the idiots complaining about my riding. They talked with my dad and he was honestly pissed that people are actually getting upset about something as harmless as riding a bike. There is a serious drug problem on this campus and the entire Greek life part of the college is rapists and moronic, drunk, football players. They do nothing about them or anything about those problems, that in a sane persons eyes are so much worse than riding a bike. We have not harmed anyone, we have actually benefitted the campus and been nice to students and visitors, and never resisted any form of being kicked off, alright, yea, i did have a little fun with a midnight chase, but that security guard has moved on from his job, so that had no affect on the situation. I, along with my friends, risk having our bikes taken away from us and being impounded and fined. I can't let this happen. And to let you all know, the guy that probably caused this problem for me searches the internet for things like this, and may read it (i hope he does). I basically can't ride my own bike where I LIVE?! What would you guys do when faced with this predicament? What is the proper thing to do? I'm very mad about it. Sorry for the wall of text, but i feel i need some help. As best as possible...


I dont know what people left, but i sure wish they would come back... come on, vital needs every member they can get, and i think this affects the overall community greatly sad

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 1:50 PM

damn i would be pretty pissed to how big is you backyard if its of decent size you could build some ramps and shit like dugan and have you own private park then they cant say shit i wish you lived up here in my town man or at least somewhere nice that accepts bmx

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 1:51 PM

I know what you mean, Ive been to a few college towns and BMX is definatly not their biggest problem. when I was there pretty much the whole time there was drunks walking around BS little fights with these guys that thought they where tough. the only good thing is the girls haha but the douche bags are almost enough to kill that.

but as far as what to do I don't know, I know a few of the cops and sergents at my local PD so they ignore me as long as im not being an asshole to people so I don't really have to worry about them. I guess you can start riding somewhere else or start riding dirt ive never been bothered by cops while out on the dirt jumps

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/28/2013 2:14 PM

go in the woods and build jumps/trails.

|

8/28/2013 2:41 PM

Go to change.org and start a petition for your town to stop harassing bicycle enthusiasts.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/28/2013 2:43 PM

Sent you a PM mate

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/28/2013 3:10 PM

I think Chuck has a pretty damn good idea. There's gotta be some road cyclists nearby. Go to your LBS, post a link to the petition.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/28/2013 4:04 PM

Try taking all the stupidity that is happening to them and yet they're decisions aren't benefiting the grounds... obviously they're hurting it if they are allowing drunks and others to roam around free yet a person who rides a bike is charged with the most harsh degree. Those pricks... but yes, there are some valid points.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

8/28/2013 4:53 PM

Just say fuck it.
If you've taken every appropriate precaution possible… just ride and not give fucks. Just make sure your keeping yourself in the right, and ride wherever it is appropriate/you can't get into trouble. Sometimes you have to confront People, and give them what you have to say.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/28/2013 4:56 PM

Your fucked. You won't change anyone's mind. Continue doing what your doing and learn how to ride away fast

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/28/2013 4:58 PM

Go to the city parks and rec board, see what can be done. Work with them on getting a park or something.

Also build private ramps.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/28/2013 6:02 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

damn i would be pretty pissed to how big is you backyard if its of decent size you could build some ramps and shit like dugan and have you own private park then they cant say shit i wish you lived up here in my town man or at least somewhere nice that accepts bmx

Well it isnt very big at all. Not enough room for anything really. I never really enjoyed living in Bethany, but i'm really getting fed up with it, I'm gonna work on moving away, if i can. It is a possibility honestly.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 6:02 PM

future FBM wrote:

Your fucked. You won't change anyone's mind. Continue doing what your doing and learn how to ride away fast

Yea, i have a 28 tooth sprocket for a reason wink

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 6:04 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Just say fuck it.
If you've taken every appropriate precaution possible… just ride and not give fucks. Just make sure your keeping yourself in the right, and ride wherever it is appropriate/you can't get into trouble. Sometimes you have to confront People, and give them what you have to say.

I hate following rules, especially the ones i dont agree with at all. I usually would just ride on campus anyways, but they got real with it. Im NOT having my bike impounded. My parents will not get it back for me either. I just don't think they realize if they try to take my bike, i will probably do many many illegal things to them.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 6:05 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Sent you a PM mate

What is a PM and how do i get it?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 6:06 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Go to the city parks and rec board, see what can be done. Work with them on getting a park or something.

Also build private ramps.

It is full of people that dont agree with BMX at all, i have tried that, they think all BMX is just people riding dangerously and causing havoc.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 6:09 PM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

I think Chuck has a pretty damn good idea. There's gotta be some road cyclists nearby. Go to your LBS, post a link to the petition.

Yet again, i have no LBS, we have a shop in Wheeling that refuses to do anything with BMX, so that is a no no. I live in an area where BMX isnt looked on well, and up until recently, i didnt really care, but now i do a lot. I spoke on here about how BMX needs to be more known, but you all wanted it to be not mainstream. I want it to be a bit more mainstream! I would love the world to understand i am not breaking anything or being reckless, im just having fun. I need that for the world around me, where i live, to accept what i am doing.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 7:01 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Go to the city parks and rec board, see what can be done. Work with them on getting a park or something.

Also build private ramps.

MaximusBikes wrote:

It is full of people that dont agree with BMX at all, i have tried that, they think all BMX is just people riding dangerously and causing havoc.

Prove to them with legit edits, testimonies from other cities with BMX friendly parks, and even citizens from the town who might give a crap what their kids are doing. Show them evidence of what is going on and being ignored (even the police) and show them that you guys are doing little to nothing wrong. Get the citizens on your side. Petition. If the citizens want it, they will voice their opinion.

Put in the work, it will happen. It did here. Took 4 years, but we got a park. St Cloud was tough and tried to stop it the whole way. A few guys putting in the work made it happen, we have a 17000 square foot concrete plaza now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/28/2013 7:58 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Go to the city parks and rec board, see what can be done. Work with them on getting a park or something.

Also build private ramps.

MaximusBikes wrote:

It is full of people that dont agree with BMX at all, i have tried that, they think all BMX is just people riding dangerously and causing havoc.

dave lawrence wrote:

Prove to them with legit edits, testimonies from other cities with BMX friendly parks, and even citizens from the town who might give a crap what their kids are doing. Show them evidence of what is going on and being ignored (even the police) and show them that you guys are doing little to nothing wrong. Get the citizens on your side. Petition. If the citizens want it, they will voice their opinion.

Put in the work, it will happen. It did here. Took 4 years, but we got a park. St Cloud was tough and tried to stop it the whole way. A few guys putting in the work made it happen, we have a 17000 square foot concrete plaza now.

I live in a SMALL town, Bethany is... well, different. It is old people who really are allowed to do anything they want and dont care about anything but their garden, the way this area is is strange. Everyone is in everyone's business and ever since we moved here we havent been accepted. These old farts really just like to start shit. The ENTIRE town council had a half hour discussion because they thought i was doing crack, and i swear this is true, i dont lie on here. My dad had to go down and talk to them about it. I have never done any drugs, let alone drink. I am an upright citizen with a past time that no one understands! They see me do a 360 and they are confused and scared, almost like people were back in the old days (which living here is like). Oh my god, WITCH! That is what it is like with me. I have a black friend that comes around and rides with me, and he actually is very good and never does drugs or anything illegal really. And they automatically got scared and CALLED THE COPS TO PATROL THE AREA. They are racist. All i can say is i can not wait to move somewhere where people arent allowed to act this way. I hope to be moving within this year, maybe London, maybe somewhere else. I dont know yet, as it is a new decision with my family. We have had too much trouble here lately to scoff at. Action needs to be taken.

I plan to go to the next town council meeting. I am basically gonna try to get them on my side, i will try to educate them in basic BMX. And im going to take a drug test to show them also. I WONT go down without a fight.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 8:06 PM

man if all else fails tell them at one of their meetings to fuck off OR you can get real sneaky like and try to get some dirt on them and blackmail them into it

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 8:08 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

man if all else fails tell them at one of their meetings to fuck off OR you can get real sneaky like and try to get some dirt on them and blackmail them into it

I'm not gonna blackmail people.. even though i easily could. The college itself is very corrupt. They have a bar where 90 percent of the people that drink there are underaged.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 8:23 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

man if all else fails tell them at one of their meetings to fuck off OR you can get real sneaky like and try to get some dirt on them and blackmail them into it

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'm not gonna blackmail people.. even though i easily could. The college itself is very corrupt. They have a bar where 90 percent of the people that drink there are underaged.

damn your town sounds like hell try sticking to just riding in front of your house for a few day like build a few small boxes and rails and stuff that can be moved you know what i mean they cant get mad if your doing it on your drive way its your house you might get nicked for doing it on the street in front of your house though

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 8:35 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

man if all else fails tell them at one of their meetings to fuck off OR you can get real sneaky like and try to get some dirt on them and blackmail them into it

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'm not gonna blackmail people.. even though i easily could. The college itself is very corrupt. They have a bar where 90 percent of the people that drink there are underaged.

TheMotherShip wrote:

damn your town sounds like hell try sticking to just riding in front of your house for a few day like build a few small boxes and rails and stuff that can be moved you know what i mean they cant get mad if your doing it on your drive way its your house you might get nicked for doing it on the street in front of your house though

Hahaha you know what sucks, i did just that, i had a rail, i had a few other things too. I cant have anything on the street, they claim it is a hazard, i dont have a driveway, my yard sucks. And the rail i had actually got STOLEN. Some idiot came up on my porch where i kept it and took it for scrap metals. The guy that makes them for me is making me a better one tho :D so hopefully it is one of those 25 foot rails! That way i can just put 4 pegs on and make my bike a really grind oriented bike that way i can learn cool peg combos and stuff. I wanna make boxes and stuff, but i dont know how much they cost in all honesty and i'd need a bit of help getting the materials. I think i would enjoy doing that, maybe i will actually. I will see what i can do!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2013 8:49 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hahaha you know what sucks, i did just that, i had a rail, i had a few other things too. I cant have anything on the street, they claim it is a hazard, i dont have a driveway, my yard sucks. And the rail i had actually got STOLEN. Some idiot came up on my porch where i kept it and took it for scrap metals. The guy that makes them for me is making me a better one tho :D so hopefully it is one of those 25 foot rails! That way i can just put 4 pegs on and make my bike a really grind oriented bike that way i can learn cool peg combos and stuff. I wanna make boxes and stuff, but i dont know how much they cost in all honesty and i'd need a bit of help getting the materials. I think i would enjoy doing that, maybe i will actually. I will see what i can do!

nice man my friend recently decided to build a box type thing im gonna help him with me and him have the same porb where to get the shit for it im thinking of jsut asking the shop teachers at my school since my school is one of those shop schools with auto body shops and stuff like that.

are you the only one who rides in your town or are there a few other people if so ask them to help and see what they say as for where to get the materials do you live near a type of hands on workplace or even a landfill those thing are full of useful shit

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 8:54 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Sent you a PM mate

MaximusBikes wrote:

What is a PM and how do i get it?

Personal message, it should be on your profile mate, topsey told me to tell you to get in touch with him, I messaged you with his email, failing that you can reach him on BMX-forum he's still using the same name over there.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/28/2013 9:12 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Personal message, it should be on your profile mate, topsey told me to tell you to get in touch with him, I messaged you with his email, failing that you can reach him on BMX-forum he's still using the same name over there.

Thats pretty cool, is it on my profile here or facebook or somewhere? I am not too good at this kind of stuff, so i need all the help i can get! Where do i find this PM?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/28/2013 9:45 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

What is a PM and how do i get it?

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Personal message, it should be on your profile mate, topsey told me to tell you to get in touch with him, I messaged you with his email, failing that you can reach him on BMX-forum he's still using the same name over there.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats pretty cool, is it on my profile here or facebook or somewhere? I am not too good at this kind of stuff, so i need all the help i can get! Where do i find this PM?

Should be in your messages on your profile page, not sure

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12


8/28/2013 9:50 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Personal message, it should be on your profile mate, topsey told me to tell you to get in touch with him, I messaged you with his email, failing that you can reach him on BMX-forum he's still using the same name over there.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats pretty cool, is it on my profile here or facebook or somewhere? I am not too good at this kind of stuff, so i need all the help i can get! Where do i find this PM?

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Should be in your messages on your profile page, not sure

try checking your email it should pop up there saying you received a message

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 10:11 PM

Okay, i emailed him and messaged him on facebook

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/29/2013 11:14 AM

pnj wrote:

go in the woods and build jumps/trails.

also maximus see if you could do what pnj said it sounds like a good idea do you live near a forested area

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith