My First Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2008 6:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:28 PM

Hey guys Im looking to spend around 320 at the most and Im not sure what bike to get. I just want it to be light. It will be used for dirt and street mostly, heres what Im looking at...

- WTP nova
- FIT AM
- eastern torino
- subrosa salvador
- stolen wrap or pinch
- verde theory
- FBM nightrain i found on craigslist with FBM Bars, S&M Pitchfork, Oddyssey Hazzard Hubs and rims, 3/8 front, 14mm rear, Profile cranks, FBM Chainring, Oddyssey Pedals, McNeil Seat and post combo, Standard Stem, Primo Dirt Monster front tire and Primo Wall rear tire, Hombre brake with a Primo lever, FSA Pig Headset
But thats a 21.75'' so I think it will be too big for me.

Which one of those would be best or is there another one you recommend? Right now Im looking at the WTP, FIT, or stolen

Also a gyro would be nice but its not neccessary

|

6/25/2008 6:48 PM

Get the FBM n just buy a new frame cus that is a decent setup. Sell the frame then buy one with the money u have.

|

6/25/2008 6:53 PM

How much is for that FBM complete? Because if its around that price range of 320 I'd be all over that.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

6/26/2008 9:50 AM

$250 grin

I just dont really want to have to worry about selling the frame and stuff since this will be my first bike

|

6/26/2008 9:59 AM

dude who cares get that fbm cuz ur going to have to get all new parts anyways when u start replacing the parts

|

go ride a bike

6/26/2008 10:01 AM

Well, since it is your first bike, you probably will not be 360 whipping right away, or grinding super long rails and ledges.

I would get that FBM, and just ride it as is, until you have some extra money to upgrade things or if you break parts. It seems to have at least 800 in parts. I think that would be the way to go unless it is a pile of crap and all broken and beat up horribly. Don't worry too much about the length, as you will learn to throw it around, and flow with it. How tall are you? How old? If you still have some growing to do, I would go with a somewhat longer bike, to grow into. But that's me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/26/2008 2:46 PM

21.75 top tube is rediculous. I would get something shorter for a first bike. My first BMX bike had a 19 inch top tube. I'm 6 foot tall now and ride a 20 inch top tube and it feels perfect, I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me on my geometry prefrences.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

6/26/2008 3:32 PM

buy streetcrime's specialized fuze 4 and do some more work to cover it and shipping lol

|

Fear is only as strong as you let it be.

6/26/2008 3:51 PM

They make 21.75? holy shit. I must have missed that...hmm...well 250 for it, with those parts is a good deal still if they arent too mangled. Definetly swap frames asap on that, unless youre like 6 foot 6 or so...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/26/2008 7:28 PM

my friend has a fit am and he loves it
its just the hubs are huge but everythin else is beast

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

sticks and stones may break my bike, but wont make me give up riding

6/26/2008 8:21 PM

streetcrime wrote:

21.75 top tube is rediculous. I would get something shorter for a first bike. My first BMX bike had a 19 inch top tube. I'm 6 foot tall now and ride a 20 inch top tube and it feels perfect, I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me on my geometry prefrences.

dude i cant beleive you ride a 20 inch top tube at that height! Thats like a kids size top tube

|

kylemcelligott.com