My Order, Winter Weather, and How You Beat the Cold?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2013 9:37 PM

I recently ordered the following:
Federal Replacement Brake mounts
Chase Hawk Grips Metallic Silver
Animal Illegal Cable
Demolition Cable Hanger
Primo WLT Tires 2.15 rear, 2.3 front
Crack Cocaine
Fox Polar Paw Gloves (Any input on these gloves would be very much appreciated)
A bunch of axle nuts
A Shadow Corvus BB Polished
A Prostitute
Odyssey GY3 Bars (hey they were 30 bucks and 8.66 tall with 4 degrees up! haha)
Odyssey Knarp thing?
Skavenger Flat Iron forks. (for my brother)
Subrosa Shirt
Stolen Thermalite pegs
Cinema 333 wheel (also for my brother)

Okay first off, anyone have the Skavenger Flat Iron fork? My bro needed a less responsive offset bc he kept flipping over in his nosemanuals with his new frame (Fit Marv 20.5).

Second, anyone know anything about the Fox Polar Paw Gloves? I got some because my hands get cold and i need gloves pretty bad. Are they durable?

Yes i am getting brakes. I already have a U Brake and Lever, but i needed a nicer cable set up bc the one i have is no good.

What do you do for this terrible wintery bullshit? I hate snow, i always have. My reasoning is it is slippery, makes everyone justify being lazy, and stops me from riding like i like to. I was created in Alabama and i was used to the heat and we came to West Virginia and snow pissed me off ever since. Fuck frosty the snow man. He can take his corn cob pipe and shove it in his ass. I still ride when it is not going to be the death of me. I do a 360 and a barspin everyday, just to be sure i can still ride when the weather gets better. How do you guys beat the weather? (I also plan on flatlanding to broaden my skills somehow over winter instead of being the same)

I havent been on too much lately because school and Madrigal Choir and stuff. I hope to be on more often thru the winter tho!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/11/2013 9:41 PM

I seriously just got those same gloves in the mail today, they fit really tight at first to get them on, but then it's a snug fit. for me anyway. they grip well too, but I haven't ridden in them yet so I cannot say how they feel riding or how well they keep your hands warm, but I read good reviews so that's something.

I haven't ridden much outdoors lately, mostly been going to indoor parks but when I can't, I just bundle up and say fuck it.

|

12/11/2013 9:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I seriously just got those same gloves in the mail today, they fit really tight at first to get them on, but then it's a snug ...more

How do you stay warm? Here it gets like 30° and it's horrid wearing 4 crew necks and a hoodie and still being cold

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/11/2013 9:51 PM

SickDude wrote:

How do you stay warm? Here it gets like 30 and it's horrid wearing 4 crew necks and a hoodie and still being cold

You have to wear all that for 30 degrees? It gets like 10 here around this time (lows) I just wear a big hoodie and some long johns with pants and extra socks. It isnt that bad at 30 for me, i can deal with that. Unless the windchill is below 12, then my nuts dont hang how i like XD

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/11/2013 9:52 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I seriously just got those same gloves in the mail today, they fit really tight at first to get them on, but then it's a snug ...more

Ahh good! Thats awesome man! I hope they fit a little tighter because i dont like loose gloves and grips. haha Thanks for the feedback on those. I cant wait for them! haha

|

12/11/2013 10:00 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ahh good! Thats awesome man! I hope they fit a little tighter because i dont like loose gloves and grips. haha Thanks for the ...more

Same, I hate when my hands move around the grip too much due to too much padding under the palms, but these feel great.

I really hope they feel just as great riding in them though, all I got to do was put them on and grab my grips with them so yeah

|

12/11/2013 10:13 PM

SickDude wrote:

How do you stay warm? Here it gets like 30 and it's horrid wearing 4 crew necks and a hoodie and still being cold

That's only -1.. Stop being a bitch.. I got outside in a t shirt and a sweater and I feel warm and it's like -7 average right now.. One night it dropped to -12 and felt like -17 with wind chill and I was out their in my t shirt and sweater like it's not cold..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/11/2013 10:18 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

That's only -1.. Stop being a bitch.. I got outside in a t shirt and a sweater and I feel warm and it's like -7 average right ...more

Damn Canadian weather. haha I hate the cold so i wouldnt fit in in Canada. Let alone WV. Fuck the cold.

|

12/11/2013 10:19 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Same, I hate when my hands move around the grip too much due to too much padding under the palms, but these feel great.

I ...more

Thats good to know. I hope they are super durable too. Haha if i spend 40 bucks on gloves they better atleast last me a season of cold or 2! haha I figured they looked pretty tough. I cant wait to try em whenever they get here.

|

12/11/2013 10:32 PM

It rains more then anything in the part of Canada that I live in.. It sucks so bad.. It rains about 200 day out of a year here. Where trying to get a new park and hopefully it'll have a roof.. Like chuck bailey

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/12/2013 12:39 AM

What's this 'Cold' you guys speak of?

|

12/12/2013 4:22 AM

i ride anyway, just go out with a hoody, after a while i end up in my t shirt anyway, and this is below 0 celcius

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/12/2013 5:59 AM

In sothern california its that awkward time of year where if you don't wear a sweatshirt in the morning you freeze your ass of. But if you do wear it, by the end of school you are sweating like a mother fucker.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/12/2013 6:42 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats good to know. I hope they are super durable too. Haha if i spend 40 bucks on gloves they better atleast last me a season ...more

I rode them today, for about 20 minutes out to the shop

they definitely grip really well and feel better than most grips, and it was about 27° out, weather app said it felt like 19° though.. they weren't horrible but definitely better than a lot of other gloves warm-wise. fingers were still a bit cold by the time I got to the shop though, index fingers were both colder than the rest. don't know why.

I would imagine they'd feel really nice in 30° or higher which is usually the coldest I ride in, just wanted to test these out.

|

12/12/2013 7:17 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats good to know. I hope they are super durable too. Haha if i spend 40 bucks on gloves they better atleast last me a season ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I rode them today, for about 20 minutes out to the shop

they definitely grip really well and feel better than most grips, and ...more

Thats awesome!! Thanks for that feedback, i cant wait to get em. They come Monday. haha no more cold hands for me!

|

12/12/2013 7:21 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thats awesome!! Thanks for that feedback, i cant wait to get em. They come Monday. haha no more cold hands for me!

haha no problem, my hands were nice but my fingers were a tad cold. not unbearable though. I bet if I managed to fit a smaller pair of gloves under them, they'd be perfect for 20° riding. But I really don't plan on riding in that low of temperatures haha

|

12/12/2013 7:37 PM

NY is having record breaking temperatures this month so far it 10 degrees below normal

|

12/12/2013 8:20 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

haha no problem, my hands were nice but my fingers were a tad cold. not unbearable though. I bet if I managed to fit a smaller ...more

Yeah haha i just rode in 9 degree weather with no gloves. I should be okay i think! Ill be toasty. I hope they dont stick too much for barspins so it doesnt make them annoying haha

|

12/12/2013 8:21 PM

chad88 wrote:

NY is having record breaking temperatures this month so far it 10 degrees below normal

Yeah its cold as shit out here on the east coast. haha I hate cold so much. Its like 8 or 9 degrees outside where i am right now. I was warm with my jacket and stuff but ice is some evil shit.

|

12/12/2013 8:26 PM

See my old thread? -14 weather with snow , ice , and slush everywhere. Plus traffic

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/12/2013 8:29 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

See my old thread? -14 weather with snow , ice , and slush everywhere. Plus traffic

#ColdSWAG I have done some crazy shit in the poop weather. haha you sir are a trooper for riding in that.

|