My VIP Rewards

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2020 6:11 AM

Hey Vital Forums!

Is anyone enrolled in the Danscomp VIP Rewards Program? What does yours say? There must be a typo on mine because its only good for purchases from 2019 to Sep 2020. My last pack of parts didn't count for points! What the hell!!

|

10/29/2020 7:22 AM

Nope I shop at powersbmx.com

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/29/2020 8:03 AM

Nope I support my local bike shop

|

It’s all bmx

10/29/2020 8:12 AM

that's great for you guys. but... maybe hear from some members who have some experience with Danscomp?

|

10/29/2020 8:35 AM

ghostrider920 wrote:

that's great for you guys. but... maybe hear from some members who have some experience with Danscomp?

I have tons of experience from Dans back when they didn't suck (aka like a decade ago) before they did the points thing. Their points setup is apparently (or was) decent to earn discounts towards future orders.

If your last parts order got nothing, try calling them? They would be the best bet to figure that out.

I still suggest shopping around, and try to support local as much as you can. Many times local shops will match prices or try to get close. Plus it supports people who live near you.

You live about 45 minutes away from Scotty Cranmer's shop if Mt. Holly, NJ is your town. You should consider seeing if they can help you out if there isn't much else close by. Might even time it to see all the crew filming a video or even be able to ride with them. Could be rad!

I know if I was in your spot, I would go there from time to time, or order through their shop. Being that close, I bet you would get your stuff in 1-2 days depending on the time of day you order.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/29/2020 10:04 AM

I buy from dans, but is be lying if I said I ever paid attention to reward points

|

10/29/2020 10:13 AM

ghostrider920 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I have tons of experience from Dans back when they didn't suck (aka like a decade ago) before they did the points thing. Their ...more

those discounts are where its at!

|

10/29/2020 11:17 AM

I spent just a hair over $600.00 at DansComp in September, 2020 and talked to their customer service people about their VIP rewards points. My points are available for me to spend whenever I am ready although they don’t amount to much when you really think about it. I mean, you are able to use your points in $5.00 increments, and you gain basically one point per dollar spent. It takes 250 points to equal $5.00 in store credit.

So, my $600.00 purchase earned me 600 points, but I can only use 500 of them because you can only convert them to store credit 250 points at a time (for $5.00) credit. I would have to spend another $150.00 to free up the next $5.00 worth of points to use. Also, the points don’t show up on your account until 30 days after a purchase.

So, in my case, I bought a $600.00 bike and basically got a $10.00 store credit. It was well worth it though because they had the bike for $50.00 less than anywhere else that I had seen it, and I got free shipping. So, between the $50.00 lower price, free shipping, and a $10.00 store credit, I figure I saved about a hundred bucks shipping with DansComp.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi

10/29/2020 12:14 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

I spent just a hair over $600.00 at DansComp in September, 2020 and talked to their customer service people about their VIP ...more

Maths. Truth. Doesn't seem like you are saving much $ at all with that model.

If I were to throw out my two cents, it'd be...
Support your LBS, especially if it is as cool as SC bikes.

|

10/29/2020 1:17 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

I spent just a hair over $600.00 at DansComp in September, 2020 and talked to their customer service people about their VIP ...more

SoCalShreds wrote:

Maths. Truth. Doesn't seem like you are saving much $ at all with that model.

If I were to throw out my two cents, it'd be... ...more

Yeah. Unfortunately, I don’t really have a local bike shop. The closest one to me is a half hour away and when I went in there a couple months ago looking for a bike they had a couple dozen bikes in the store but only three of them were for sale as the rest were only there for repairs. They basically told me good luck finding anyplace with bikes in stock and acted like I was wasting their time. The one store in my general area that I suspect probably does have anything worth buying is an hour drive away, and in a part of town that I simply don’t go to unless I have to.

|

10/29/2020 1:59 PM

ghostrider920 wrote:

I have years of experience dealing with Danscomp. That’s why I shop through powersbmx.com now

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

10/29/2020 2:02 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

And the general customer is going to spend that $100 in repairs alone at another bike shop within their first year owning the bike.

Support a shop that will support you in return. That’s priceless👊🏻

|

10/29/2020 2:51 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

And the general customer is going to spend that $100 in repairs alone at another bike shop within their first year owning the ...more

While I agree with the concept, I simply don’t have a local bike shop. There is no way that I’m going to drive an hour each way, into the hood, where traffic sucks and practically nobody has insurance, just so that I can pay more for the same product that I can order online. Does it suck for the ma and pa types trying to make a buck? Sure it does. But, that’s capitalism, my friend. I will spend my money with the place that can get me what I want, for the lowest price, every time. It’s why Wal-Mart is a monster. When someone decides to open a decent shop, in a decent part of town, close to where I live, and their prices are competitive with the online shops... then I will shop local.

|

10/29/2020 2:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2020 3:00 PM

Sum FatOld Dude wrote:

While I agree with the concept, I simply don’t have a local bike shop. There is no way that I’m going to drive an hour each ...more

Shh we're busy sucking our own dicks right now.

|

10/29/2020 3:18 PM

oh, wow.

|

10/29/2020 5:17 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Shh we're busy sucking our own dicks right now.

Fucking lol’d. I shopped local when I was in CT cause I get to window shop and see all the homies at circuit. If I order online I go straight to the company if I can, I already gave my holier than thou speech in another thread, but a company makes more money if you go through them than someone else. Source, Dan’s, your local shop cough cough, all those dudes get parts at just over wholesale, then mark it up almost double what they get it for. So from your 400 bucks you spend on a frame, source/Dan’s/lbs gets 150 bucks or so, s&m/cult/pick your flavor company profited probably 50 bucks on it, and the rest of your dough goes to actual overhead for the company. So why would I give 40% of my money to source for shipping my parts to me when I could give all that money to the company I ACTUALLY like and who made the product in the first place...

|

10/29/2020 8:06 PM

Danscomp and Source are the best places to order parts from I prefer to not order from anyone else but Source unless they don't have a product I want. Order from who you want, you don't owe a bike shop your purchase just because they exist lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/29/2020 8:33 PM

I buy as local as possible, sometimes five minutes away, or fifteen, or even 45 minutes away to BMX Guru..

I've never had a credit card in my life, so shopping on line is a no go for me.. If for some reason I need something on line, I give a friend or family member cash and have them order it for me.

I've even bought from a member here, mailed them cash (thanks Cky199) and got what I was hoping for..

But I prefer to buy as local as possible, because I get it now, if there's an issue with it, it gets taken care of pre p payment..

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

10/29/2020 10:44 PM

Not a fan of Dan's, even though they switched ownership not too long ago to the company that I used to buy R/C parts from. Either support local, or mail order from other shops.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/30/2020 3:29 AM

i see....

|

10/30/2020 4:25 AM

I still say go with Cranmers shop if you can OP.

PLUS, what hasn't been mentioned is that many local shops WILL HAGGLE a bit. Meaning if a part is 100 bucks, you can be like "would you take $90?". The higher the cost, the easier it is. If it's like a 5 dollar tube, don't. But if you are getting a set of forks and KNOW a mailorder has em for 10 bucks less, ASK. Being a mom and pop setup they have the ability to wiggle a bit and might MATCH THAT PRICE, or get close and then you get it now and support your local scene.

Supporting your local scene is huge, especially IF/WHEN there is talks with a city about new parks-dirt or concrete or even prefab, as then the shop may have your back and could show up to council meetings with "I own this shop and have 87 kids come through a week buying parts etc-there is a need for a spot for these BMXers to go. We also sell scooters and skateboards, and there's easily another hundred kids doing that too. Imagine being the town that supports its youth with more than just unused tennis courts and baseball fields." which is a LOT better to see vs 4 ghetto kids with beanies in July and pants that barely clear their thighs being like "Yo we need dis park so we can like shred n shit, otherwise we like go shred shit downtown and fuck around with ya'lls ledges n rails n shit". (Many of the BMXers I have seen lately cannot speak in a way that articulates any form of intelligence).

Support your shops and they support your community and may help get more stuff to ride.

One of my local shops is heavily supportive with MTB stuff-they do trail work, sponsor THE one race at that local trail, have group rides and so on. So most people go there for MTB stuff. The shop I was in went from barely any BMX to TONS of stuff because I pushed for kids to show up and check things out-we became the BMX shop in the area and had tons of bikes and parts. Kids legitimately stopped ordering from Dan's because they knew we had it or could get it in the same amount of time OR faster, and we would match pricing for most things.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura