My WETHEPEOPLE Hook Up!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2013 6:56 AM

So... Pretty much this last year i have been in contact with Rich from We Make Things, I've emailed him once in a while before, but this year it was pretty regularly! I'd asked about a few different Products Wethepeople, Eclat & Almond make, but around 6 or 7 months ago I asked him if he could get me a 20" Top Tube'd Patron Frame made for me. He had a look into it & unfortunately it was a no go due to the factory not wanting to make a one off, Bummer! Well... Interbike this year arrives & the Utopia stuff is revealed! So i contacted Rich about it all, I was pretty damned impressed! So last Friday i got "The Email" basically Harry Wethepeoples owner had been talking to Rich about the Utopia Line & wanted someone impartial to ride them & basically recommend them to people looking for a Streetland set up! So.... Over the next couple of months in the shitty, freezing cold England weather i will get it finished up & ready to ride when the warmer weather comes round! STOKED!

Wethepeople Utopia Frame:
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Wethepeople Utopia Fork:
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Wethepeople Utopia Handle Bar & Eclat Boxer Stem:
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

And Then The Stuff I Own/Just Ordered..... Eclat OZ Thick Seat, Eclat Torch Post& Eclat ESC Tyres!
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
My Heaven Sent Tyres lol...
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

BTW.. Freddy, when Your Akimbo Cranks, PC BB, ODI S.S Grips & KMC Chain arrive feel free to thread jack this & post pictures! laughing

|

12/5/2013 6:57 AM

BUILD IT UP NOW!!!!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/5/2013 7:07 AM

Haha, I wish i could! But unfortunately i have a couple of things not playing in my favour lol...

1. I am totally anal & I am NOT straying from my Wethepeople/Eclat Build Plan!

2. Some of the Parts i want for this Bike haven't been released yet!

Aaaaaaaand....

3. I don't actually have enough money to build it up all in one go! sad

|

12/5/2013 7:15 AM

you are one lucky guy!

|

12/5/2013 7:17 AM

So good, really like that frame, can't wait to see it all built up.
Congrats on the hookup, good on ya.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/5/2013 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2013 7:21 AM

Congrats sir! im hoping you put on chrome wheels.
Jaws right? Mavrick cranks? Vent sporcket...27tooth.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/5/2013 7:37 AM

I don't want to give to much away, BUT.... The Wheels wont be Chrome, There will however be some Polished Elements! No Jaw Rims, Bummer I know but the shape isn't particularly hand friendly in certain Flat Tricks. Hell YEAH!! Maverick Cranks! I LOVE those Cranks & I MUST own a pair! Especially if I am going for the Wethepeople/Eclat build! & The Sprocket.... This could be a minor head ache! I would love a Vent Guard Sprocket but 25t is the smallest option, the Vent Sprocket is veeeeerrrry nice especially in Polished but once again 25t is the smallest option & yes I said smallest! I want slightly lighter Gearing for the Flatland influence of the Bike so 22/23t would be prime! However Wethepeople/Eclat only offer a 23t in 19mm & 24mm Spline Drive! FAAAAARKKK!!! Hoping I can work something out with Rich in the not too distant future!

|

12/5/2013 8:03 AM

So basically you're testing the parts out?

I'm jealous, can't wait to see it all built up.

|

12/5/2013 8:30 AM

So basically Jon got £600 of free WTP stuff,,,

|

Bruh

12/5/2013 9:02 AM

Yeah, that's pretty much it BMX_Forever, From what I gathered Wethepeople don't really have anyone on the Pro or Am Team that really take the more Flatland side of Riding as seriously as they would like this stuff to be taken so they needed someone to be riding it all & give an honest opinion & reviews for other Riders to read. I like to think i have quite a Positive Reputation with the online community & I do my very best to help whoever needs help out to the best of my knowledge & I ALWAYS try to stay impartial when it comes to ANY BMX Company & the Parts they put out, I would much rather an un-experienced Rider read what I say, take on my suggestions & purchase the Parts that are correct for them & enjoy Riding than just buy whatever shit is the cheapest or has the bestest colours ya'know?

Haha Yes Zach! Wethepeople have INCREDIBLY Spoiled Me & I am UNBELIEVABLY Grateful to Richard & Harry, I will do my up most to ride this to the best of my abilities & give an impartial review! I'm not going to kiss ass & say everything is 110% Perfect & it's the best Bike I have ever ridden if I think something could be improved upon etc I would first speak to Richard about what I think & then mention it on the Forums I frequent!

Thanks for the comments guys!

|

12/5/2013 9:31 AM

Your lucky man, i wish some.company gave me some stuff, even if they were only tires or grips xD.
Do you plan on making an edit? Id like to see your flatland skills xD. I dont have no idea about flatland though.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/5/2013 9:46 AM

looks great. Those chain tensioners are sweet

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

12/5/2013 10:54 AM

Mang hook me up with that Autumn frame

|

It’s all bmx

12/5/2013 11:19 AM

Adam, What's Your E-Mail address? We can have a chat & I might be able to let it go to a good home with someone such as Yourself! Spread the Love Ya'know?! (2nd time I've said that in this Thread :-S LoL)

|

12/5/2013 11:25 AM

Topsey got any spare stickers around ?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/5/2013 11:37 AM

What You After KANE?

Right Guys! I just want to make something INCREDIBLY CLEAR! Just because I hooked up a Good Friend with a Frame because i felt he DESERVED it. It Did NOT come easy! It took A LOT of thinking before i let the Frame go! I may come to an agreement with Adam about my Autum Frame & depending on what KANE wants i might be able to get him a few Stickers out. BUT I AM NOT!!! A Free Parts Source O.K I need to get this straight with EVERYONE! I have no job & i rely on benefits to get me through! I save up EVERY SPARE PENNY to get myself what i want Parts wise & I am lucky to have connections that can get me some Parts cheaper etc. I am VERY Humbled by what Wethepeople have done for me & I WILL NOT let it go to my head & act like I'm some bad ass sponsored Pro.

Stay Cool Guys.

|

12/5/2013 11:41 AM

Kane, I have some DUB stickers if you want a handful.

|

Bruh

12/5/2013 11:43 AM

Topsey wrote:

What You After KANE?

Right Guys! I just want to make something INCREDIBLY CLEAR! Just because I hooked up a Good Friend with ...more

Could you e-mail me a couple pics of the stickers you have? I'm not looking at you for a source for stuff just looking for a few stickers tongue

kanef15@gmail.com

|

12/5/2013 11:44 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Kane, I have some DUB stickers if you want a handful.

Yeah yeah smile

E-mail me

kanef15@gmail.com

|

12/5/2013 11:46 AM

sure thing.

|

Bruh

12/5/2013 11:49 AM

That's sick man! a we the people and ECLAT build will be amazing! good thing i didnt make the bet lol

anyway you should post a video! Iwanna see this streetland. are you more matthias dandois influenced or somebody else?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/5/2013 12:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2013 12:41 PM

Kane buddy, I am not joking when i say this... I have THOUSANDS of Stickers!! I have 2 A4 Envelopes packed to the point of splitting & a Plastic Bag that my Quintin Jeans came in haha! If You could narrow it down a little! Anything in particular You would prefer? Dub, Animal, Flatware, ummmmm.... LoL I have actually lost count of what i have lol laughing

Deviant.... My "Style" Is quite hard to explain really... Over the last few years due to incredibly poor health I have had to dial back My Riding & then, I haven't ridden much at all this year! Now I am incredibly drugged up & receiving much better treatment after FINALLY being diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. So right now I am literally getting used to being back on a Bike! I have technically been "injured" for the last 10 years! I had Surgery 8 years ago & things never really got any better! But my Influences are... Bengo, Benny L, Edwin Delarosa (Any REAL Street Rider will at some point have worshiped Edwin!) Shane Weston, Chase Dehart, Pete Sawyer, Pretty Much The ENTIRE BSD Team! Ty Morrow, Most of the Fiend Guys Actually, A LOT of the Federal Crew, Tom White I could think of quite a few more too! But for Numerous different reasons! When you think of Edwin you don't exactly think of Flatland tricks do you?! But he is INCREDIBLY smooth!

Flatland Wise people like... Aaron Frost, Effraim Catlow, Waldemar Fatkin, Terry Adams, Chris Bohm, Alex Jumelin, THE UNDISPUTED GODS OF FLATLAND!! Martti Kuoppa & Viki Gomez!! Chad Johnston, Lee Musselwhite, A LOT of the Tiddly Japanese Guys, Tyler Gilliard & I feel someone needs a VERY honorable mention! 99.9% of you will have no idea who Yinka Thomas is but he is an AMAZING Rider! I don't think he is a great deal younger than me but every edit he puts out he is progressing & i PROPERLY respect that in him!

Then i guess Matthias DOES deserve a mention! He is the Rider behind the popularity of Streetland! He showed to many Flatlanders that you DO NOT need a Bent Tubed, Zero Offset, Zero Sweeps, 6 Foot High Seat, etc, etc Bike to ride Flatland! & O.K Matthias is FAAAAAAAR From a Street Rider in my eyes BUT he did bring Flatland to the "masses" A LOT of Street Riders couldn't care less about Flatland & I have even seen some Younger Douche Fag say "OMFG That Twat on the weird Bike is doing a hang 5! So is that what Flatland is? Bastardized Street Tricks rolling on the ground?" What an utter twat lol. But You get the idea.

I would like to think i have my own style, BUT... I will admit i have kinda based my Style around Bengo, Benny L & a little bit of Matthias yes.

Shit this is a long post!!! But yeah.. I want the WTP finished i am going to continue practicing on my other Bike i literally just finished!! & Then when the WTP is finished I will have hopefully got back into the swing of things with some of my older Flatland tricks/links! I need to practicing My Hops too because the last time i attempted a Hop it was well pitiful lol grin Once the WTP is finished off, The Lady & Myself are trying to get on the Property Ladder (Fucking Hell is it ever hard!!) She really wants a decent DSLR so when that is purchased i will start working on a proper Streetland Edit. Hopefully you'll get a few photos in the not too distant future!

Sorry for the essay, I'm well known for them! It's something i am INCREDIBLY passionate about BMX & Streetland EVEN more!

|

12/5/2013 10:26 PM

I saw that on the site and actually really digged the idea. Streetflat is soooo sick ! It would be a nice hybrid , gimmick setup smile

It seems you got more from the hookup then what you bought

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/6/2013 8:07 AM

As someone who has very recently dropped almost $1300 on 2 WTP bikes, I like to hear that they work with guys like you. My kids bike is just amazing, can't wait to get mine (on the way).

For that kinda $$'s wish they would thrown in a t-shirt or somethin though. I can't even find one for my kid anywhere.

Keep us posted.

|

12/6/2013 9:29 AM

Topsey wrote:

Kane buddy, I am not joking when i say this... I have THOUSANDS of Stickers!! I have 2 A4 Envelopes packed to the point of ...more

Animal stickers would be great :D

Do you have any of these brands? :

Eclat
Fit
S&M

|

12/6/2013 1:34 PM

Haha Kane You're a PITA!

I shall have a look-see what Animal ones i have! I've just been sent the yet to be released Sticker Pack but that one is staying FIRMLY with Moi haha!

Eclat - Yes i have a VERY Limited Number of Eclat Stickers that i don't really want to part with...

Fit - I have A LOT of Fit Stickers that i will Happily Hook You Up with!

S&M - Not many tbh, I will see what i have & can chuck a few in with the Fit Ones!

I will Email You over the weekend with a few Pictures & You can Choose what You fancy! smile

|

12/6/2013 2:04 PM

lol im not gonna quote the essay haha.. but what i really meant by the comparison to matthias was more of me asking if your style was based on flat with a tiny bit of street or more like randy taylor(rip) who did more street stuff with a heavy flatland influence...
and yes i think at some point everyone worshipped edwin! the younger kids just don't get it anymore =(

Also i dont wanna be that kid that asks for free stuff but if you have any stickers that you just simply dont want and want to send my way that would be cool. lol when i get my frame from tim i plan on painting it electric blue and doing something kind of like what broc raiford did and use stickers to make a collage on the headtube... Kind of like the fade i have now but instead stickers to blue lol i had planned on just sending a bunch of envelopes to a ton of companies and getting some stickers. if not that is TOTALLY cool i just figured it didnt hurt to ask

|

Deviant BMX store

12/6/2013 2:18 PM

Quality Idea That!! I shall have a look for You buddy, I am doing My annual Room clear up/Rearrange (LoL) so I shall go through all my Stickers & have a look for Kane & You. I'll send You a photo of what I want to get rid of & then Post up another photo minus Your choices on here & let all the little kiddies fight over 1st Dibs on Who wants What lol laughing

|

12/6/2013 8:06 PM

Topsey wrote:

Quality Idea That!! I shall have a look for You buddy, I am doing My annual Room clear up/Rearrange (LoL) so I shall go ...more

sweet man! my email is bmxdeviant@gmail.com or if you want to send through facebook or whatever it doesn't matter. Thanks man!

|

Deviant BMX store