My cranks only have a compression bolt and they keep coming loose how do I fix this?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2018 5:33 PM

I Eastern Shovelhead 2018 and the cranks only have a compression bolt and they keep coming loose how do I fix this?

|

6/29/2018 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2018 5:47 PM

Blue Loctite.

|

6/29/2018 5:51 PM

jbales wrote:

Blue Loctite.

Tried that didn't work

|

6/29/2018 5:59 PM

jbales wrote:

Blue Loctite.

Aidan_Rajala wrote:

Tried that didn't work

Red Loctite? Lol

|

6/29/2018 6:51 PM

Nooooooooo! Don't use red loctite lollaughing

Are your cranks even on correctly? Like the right crank on the right and the left crank on the left?

Blue loctite should do the trick. It's always worked for me... did you wipe all the grease off the crank spindle threads and the bolt threads THEN put the blue loctite on? Becasue the threads need to be dry for the loctite to work...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/29/2018 11:52 PM

If they've been ridden loose you may have worn the splines, so they'll always wobble loose

|

6/30/2018 11:10 AM

I’ve had this problem many times before, you need to make sure the spindle is centered properly, otherwise one side will just come loose. Blue loctite wouldn’t hurt, if you put red loctite on, put it on the side that comes loose

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

6/30/2018 11:51 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

If they've been ridden loose you may have worn the splines, so they'll always wobble loose

Yep, and it’s worse if they are pinch bolt cranks

|

6/30/2018 12:25 PM

If you're putting Loctite on you gotta let it sit for a while before you ride again. At least that's how I do it. Only one of my pedals have loosened in like a year or more and they were both wobbly every two sessions before that

|

6/30/2018 3:54 PM

Use a G clamp to hold them tight

|

Hmmm