My first BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2017 5:18 PM

Hello, gonna make this quick. I want to start riding a bmx, i know the size i need. I have some options in mind , i need a light bike with 250 including shipping shit, a bike i can do my very 1st tricks maybe. So should i go for THIS ONE http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collective-Bikes-C1-20-inch-BMX-Bike-BLACK-/282279618831 THIS ONE http://www.brx.gr/product/onset-2013 OR THIS ONE http://www.action-bikes.gr/shop/podhlata/bmx/diamondback-bmx-grind-1-20inch-2017/ or something else u have to propose ? Thanks in advance mates. Cheers

|

5/11/2017 5:44 PM

All of the bikes you listed might as well come from Walmart. Save some more money and buy a bike that isn't a dangerous piece of junk or try to find something used.

|

5/11/2017 5:46 PM

Neither, look for a Used one at that price range IMO

|

5/11/2017 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2017 5:56 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

All of the bikes you listed might as well come from Walmart. Save some more money and buy a bike that isn't a dangerous piece of junk or try to find something used.

I wouldn't call them "dangerous junk" because he is completely new to BMX. I guarantee 99% of the people on this forum started with similar level bikes. I'm sure there are better options out there for the money though.

These are just very entry level bikes and bikes made to mimic the appearance of a BMX, and as you progress you will need to replace almost everything. Try looking into other options like online classifieds etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/11/2017 9:04 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I wouldn't call them "dangerous junk" because he is completely new to BMX. I guarantee 99% of the people on this forum started with similar level bikes. I'm sure there are better options out there for the money though.

These are just very entry level bikes and bikes made to mimic the appearance of a BMX, and as you progress you will need to replace almost everything. Try looking into other options like online classifieds etc.

I've seen hi-ten bikes fail in horrible ways doing things that really shouldn't cause a bike supposedly designed for freestyle riding to fail and injure the person riding. I know that people say the newer hi-ten bikes are better but after seeing a pair of cheesy bars almost fold in half, forks bent at close to 90 degree angles, and a headtube fail(this one was really bad - facial reconstruction) I don't trust that stuff. A 3 foot drop shouldn't cause parts on a bike meant for trick riding to fail like that. It's scary.

|

5/12/2017 5:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2017 5:28 AM

A light bike for $250 is going to be super dangerous.

|

5/12/2017 12:52 PM

i would suggest you to look for sh bikes in that range as long as you can't spend more money for the bike

|

5/12/2017 5:54 PM

Nope nope nope

|

5/13/2017 1:34 AM

|