My first BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2017 8:45 AM

Hi guys, I need some help. Yesterday I bought my first BMX and I m really enjoying. But my BMX is an old one and I want to build my own BMX from scratch, I want to buy all the parts separately and build the bike myself, part by part. Can you tell me all the parts and pieces that I new to buy? I have the money but I'm new to the BMX world and I don't know all the parts and pieces that I need, can you make a list of all parts and pieces that a need? Thanks in advance for your help

|

7/22/2017 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2017 9:55 AM

Frame (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Bars (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Forks (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Stem and compression cap
Handgrips
Barends
Brakes (can be optional)
Bottom Bracket Bearings(these will depend on what size spindle your cranks have)
Cranks (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Chain
Wheels, (which can be further broken down into Hubs, Spokes and Rims)
Tyres
Pedals
Headset bearings
Sprocket
Seat
Inner tubes

I think that's it. there is more "optional stuff" you could add like a gyro or pegs, but the above should be enough to get you rolling, Might also be worth just sticking with your current bike while learning the basics, having a nice shiny custom is great and all but picking up some basic skills on a older bike wont do you any harm, and it'll probably mean you dropping and scrapping up the new one a bit less leaving it looking better for longer.

it'll also mean when you do come to do a build you'll have a better idea of what parts you want to fit, for example there's tons of different brands out there and different models of stuff, like do you buy an Odyssey, BSD, Stranger or Primo stem? Front load or top load? what colour? etc etc

|

7/22/2017 9:51 AM

Its going to be very expensive for you to build a custom bike. Mine cost easily over 1000 USD. I really, REALLY suggest getting a nice bike at a lower price like the Kink Liberty, SIGNATURE Fit or a Colony Premise, among others. Youll learn how theyre really built and what to look for in a quality bike.

|

7/22/2017 10:58 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Frame (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Bars (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Forks (ideally made in 4130 chromoly)
Stem and ...more

Thank you very much, I will stick with my bike for more 7 to 8 month to get used to BMX and learn new tricks and stuff like that, when I ride more comfortable I build the new one

|

7/22/2017 9:34 PM

If you have to ask, your not ready for that yet. Ride for a while, figure out what you like, try other people's bikes, do some research yourself. Eventually you will figure out what you want/need. You won't have to ask.

|