My first BMX bike

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2016 7:46 PM

So I'm getting my first BMX bike it's a 2014 or 2015 kink curb

Thoughts, comments, anything about it?
I'm paying only $50 for it so I think it's a steal for my first bike. What should I customize first? And the headset is standard... dizzy

|

2/23/2016 8:30 PM

Nothing to customize, ride it first, break a few parts along the way, and replace as you go.

Just ride it, get a feel for what part is not up to your riding, say it isn't suited to you or to your riding style, then replace that part...

You can always customize it with a few stickers or a head tube badge (they just look sick). You could also change the grips if they are too hard or too thin (get some ODI longnecks, they fit everyone). After a few months on your chain, you might as well start looking for a new chain, something strong, and do it before it snaps. I had a bad experience snapping my chain (my knees and ball sack were sore for a week, scratched my hands badly, scratched my forehead, and cased a jump real bad as that chain was under enormous torque).

Take care of your bike and it will take care of you...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

2/23/2016 8:35 PM

Skylight wrote:

Nothing to customize, ride it first, break a few parts along the way, and replace as you go.

Just ride it, get a feel for what part is not up to your riding, say it isn't suited to you or to your riding style, then replace that part...

You can always customize it with a few stickers or a head tube badge (they just look sick). You could also change the grips if they are too hard or too thin (get some ODI longnecks, they fit everyone). After a few months on your chain, you might as well start looking for a new chain, something strong, and do it before it snaps. I had a bad experience snapping my chain (my knees and ball sack were sore for a week, scratched my hands badly, scratched my forehead, and cased a jump real bad as that chain was under enormous torque).

Take care of your bike and it will take care of you...

Thanks man I've already chosen the parts I'm wanting to get, but with the unsealed American bb and standard head set in gonna have to wait and do the frame and stuff later, for now I'm gonna save up for the wheel set of my dreams GSport Ribcage, primo 14 gauge spokes, shadow raptor hubs! I can't wait to start.. I've been waiting for almost 2 years

|