My first attempt ever at lacing... fail.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2011 10:25 PM

I was super stoked on it, but then I realized that I made a HUGE error. I laced an inward and outward right next to each other on the drive side, so now I'm about to take the whole wheel apart and have someone who knows what they are doing lace it. It was fun though, learned a little something.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

For anyone wondering? Its a shadow Stun rim laced to Profile Mini

|

Refs:
b:aguers,meanwun,dudeisdrumer109,ctbmx86,TCbmx, BanthonyMtorokX, aw1234512,Ride Stoned, bstick
s:meanwun(x2),ScramHype(x2),bmxer10,TCbmx,spikez,genesis,jb07,Flocka Myers,calirider89, Dirt Nasty, k1ng
t:Tommyboy,nickkkk

3/8/2011 10:26 PM

just try again,

you didn't learn 180's by trying it once and giving your bike to someone?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/8/2011 10:33 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

just try again,

you didn't learn 180's by trying it once and giving your bike to someone?

definately true, i know how to true and tighten spokes but im too scared to lace my brandnew parts so ima spend a little money on my front one to get laced then practice with my old front wheel and hopefully do it by myself when i get my rear :D

|

jarrod

3/8/2011 10:36 PM

yeah , you are right. I'm taking the wheel apart now, I'll try again tomorrow. I just don't know how I managed to lace it like that, but its my first wheel build ever, still pretty stoked haha

|

Refs:
b:aguers,meanwun,dudeisdrumer109,ctbmx86,TCbmx, BanthonyMtorokX, aw1234512,Ride Stoned, bstick
s:meanwun(x2),ScramHype(x2),bmxer10,TCbmx,spikez,genesis,jb07,Flocka Myers,calirider89, Dirt Nasty, k1ng

3/8/2011 10:36 PM

lol haha, i would definately let your buddy lace this one. especially since your droppeed a few bucks on that hub and rim, i wouldnt want to have a lacing error ruin it.
try practicing on an old stock wheel first, then start lacing up your own, then make money off your friends.

|

3/8/2011 10:39 PM

collin86 wrote:

lol haha, i would definately let your buddy lace this one. especially since your droppeed a few bucks on that hub and rim, i wouldnt want to have a lacing error ruin it.
try practicing on an old stock wheel first, then start lacing up your own, then make money off your friends.

haha yeah i have an old 48h chrome hazard i can fuck with. do you lace?

|

Refs:

3/8/2011 10:46 PM

collin86 wrote:

ultrablade wrote:

haha yeah i have an old 48h chrome hazard i can fuck with. do you lace?

ive laced a couple but usually get my friend to do it, because i dont trust myself haha.

|

3/8/2011 11:06 PM

lacing wheels is my favorite thing to do haha i worked at a bike shop for about a year until they went out of business now i am looking for another to work at

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

3/8/2011 11:36 PM

It's taken me a while to do it but I've gotten pretty good at it. And it's probably the most satisfying thing about building a bike.

|

3/9/2011 12:27 AM

I just did a marmoset to a stun
Oiled every spoke, each bunch of spokes was alternating silver and black nipples
:D

|

3/9/2011 12:30 AM

it took me like 5 trys to lace em perfect it takes practice

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/9/2011 12:33 AM

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

it took me like 5 trys to lace em perfect it takes practice

ive never got it wrong :D

See the OLD gsport site

Dopest tutorial

|

3/9/2011 12:37 AM

Shakesman69 wrote:

ive never got it wrong :D

See the OLD gsport site

Dopest tutorial

ya me ad my friend were bored one day and watched a youtube video on how to do it and we practiced on a shitty moutain bike wheel haha

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/9/2011 12:44 AM

|

3/9/2011 8:45 AM

drop all the spokes on one side, then go one hole to the left and drop all the other ones on the other side. take an inside spoke and an outside spoke 3 over, cross em, and repeat.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/9/2011 9:12 AM

LOL Your spokes are bow legged

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

3/9/2011 9:17 AM

why are people scared of lacing things? if you duff it up, just take it apart, its not like you'll damage it (unless you tighten spokes so much that they pull the rim holes through)

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

3/9/2011 9:17 AM

Chris_Pendlebury wrote:

why are people scared of lacing things? if you duff it up, just take it apart, its not like you'll damage it (unless you tighten spokes so much that they pull the rim holes through)

this.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/9/2011 9:18 AM

wait, those are stagered flanges(different sized) did you get the correct length spokes?

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

3/9/2011 9:22 AM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

wait, those are stagered flanges(different sized) did you get the correct length spokes?

yep the profile hub needs 2 different sizes, i think i got confused and started to mix up spokes so i spent all last night separating the 188 from the 185mm the best I could lol

|

Refs: