My first bmx bike need help

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2019 3:46 PM

I’m most likely gonna get a Sunday scout it is $410 is their another bike around same price that’s better ?

|

6/8/2019 4:27 PM

Kink whip is around the same price and is full chromoly, which is way better.

|

6/8/2019 4:35 PM

Hyebri wrote:

Is is the bike heavy ?

|

6/8/2019 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2019 4:45 PM

orlando0821 wrote:

Is is the bike heavy ?

Nope and weight don’t matter much either on a bmx bike you’ll get used to it
Weighs 27 pounds which is good

|

6/8/2019 4:46 PM

Hyebri wrote:

orlando0821 wrote:

Is is the bike heavy ?

orangebmx907 wrote:

what would you say is better the kink whip or Sunday scout ?

|

6/8/2019 5:06 PM

Also, this is your third thread where you ask this. People have suggested other bikes. Why do you want this Sunday so much?

|

6/8/2019 5:08 PM

Hyebri wrote:

Also, this is your third thread where you ask this. People have suggested other bikes. Why do you want this Sunday so much?

Because I know it’s a good reliable brand for the price etc

|

6/8/2019 5:09 PM

Hyebri wrote:

Also my friend said his first bmx bike was a kink for like $280 and he said almost everything broke on that bike .

|

6/8/2019 5:16 PM

Hyebri wrote:

So I’m not sure if this bike will break it has 100% chomolly wich is good

|

6/8/2019 5:21 PM

Hyebri wrote:

orlando0821 wrote:

The sunday scout is an overpriced hi-ten bike, the whip has better specs. Sunday is a great brand for aftermarket stuff but the cheaper completes they make are not up to the standard they set for the aftermarket parts they produce.

|

6/8/2019 5:25 PM

Hyebri wrote:

orlando0821 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

The sunday scout is an overpriced hi-ten bike, the whip has better specs. Sunday is a great brand for aftermarket stuff but the cheaper completes they make are not up to the standard they set for the aftermarket parts they produce.

Yea and it has double wall rims

|

6/8/2019 6:33 PM

You really want that Scout don't you. I guess cool brand and cool color are most important.

|

6/8/2019 8:43 PM

It sounds like you could use a bit more research time. I get you really want that Scout, but have a solid day or two of looking around online at your options. Finding a solid complete will benefit in the long run.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/8/2019 10:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2019 10:51 PM

orlando0821 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

orlando0821 wrote:

Yea and it has double wall rims

Double wall rims will serve you well for a good long while. Single wall rims will work just fine but the ones I have used ate away at rim strip after a while and give me flats if I go too high of pressure. The Sunday having single wall rims is really kind of a slap in the face to the consumer considering double wall rims are pretty standard equipment.

Hi-ten frame, hi-ten bars, hi-ten fork, single wall rims and a steel sprocket... That should be in the 300-350 dollar range max in my opinion. As you probably have fingured out by now, the Sunday Scout is not the best option for your budget, Sunday is riding on its own coattails with this particular complete. As you said "because I know it's a good reliable brand for the price" they have an incredible reputation in the industry but they have built their name with the aftermarket parts they produce, not the entry level completes.

Also, I am not bashing Sunday. Look at my bike builds if you want a good sense of how much I trust many of their products.

|

6/8/2019 11:44 PM

I mean if you wanna waste your money on a bike that's worse than a bike that costs only $10 more, go for it. But don't come back on here complaining when it breaks down faster than the Kink would.

Sunday is an excellent brand, but their completes (save for the higher end ones) are pretty trash and lack a lot of features that other brands complete bikes have for the same price.

It's also worth noting your friend had a $280 complete bike. Most any complete under $300 is going to be garbage to begin with first off. Second, I assume he had the Kink Curb? If so, that bike is barely a step above Wal-Mart bikes, and that's only due to the name. The Kink Whip far surpasses that bike, and matches or even surpasses the Scout in every area. You'd be a dumbass not to buy that one instead for $10 more

Now that I typed all that out I look forward to you ignoring everything myself and others have said and creating yet another thread asking if you should go with the Sunday Scout

|

6/8/2019 11:47 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I mean if you wanna waste your money on a bike that's worse than a bike that costs only $10 more, go for it. But don't come back on here complaining when it breaks down faster than the Kink would.

Sunday is an excellent brand, but their completes (save for the higher end ones) are pretty trash and lack a lot of features that other brands complete bikes have for the same price.

It's also worth noting your friend had a $280 complete bike. Most any complete under $300 is going to be garbage to begin with first off. Second, I assume he had the Kink Curb? If so, that bike is barely a step above Wal-Mart bikes, and that's only due to the name. The Kink Whip far surpasses that bike, and matches or even surpasses the Scout in every area. You'd be a dumbass not to buy that one instead for $10 more

Now that I typed all that out I look forward to you ignoring everything myself and others have said and creating yet another thread asking if you should go with the Sunday Scout

I will for sure be getting the kink whip 2020.👍🏼

|

6/9/2019 9:43 AM

orlando0821 wrote:

Is is the bike heavy ?

orangebmx907 wrote:

orlando0821 wrote:

what would you say is better the kink whip or Sunday scout ?

Whip

|