My first dirt jump - help

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2013 7:24 PM

Hello, I am pretty new to the whole bmx thing, so please don't rage at my relatedness.

I have built this small jump, its about 55cm high and was wondering how far away should I make the landing/what the landing should look like and ask for some general thoughts on what I have made. Is it too small or too big etc?

Photo

This will be my first sorta table top like jump I will be doing so some tips how to not break my neck would also be appreciated. haha.

Thanks!

|

6/26/2013 7:26 PM

Haul ass, pull your brakes when you land. Make landin there

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/26/2013 7:36 PM

SickDude wrote:

Haul ass, pull your brakes when you land. Make landin there

dont do this

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/26/2013 8:04 PM

Haha. yea... maybe not...

I was thinking about making a pile of loose dirt like 110 cm away and just land in that and hope for the best, then make a landing there...

|

6/26/2013 8:35 PM

Landing in loose dirt is a bad idea just like sticking you bang stick into loose vaginas it's just asking to get stds

Best bet would be wear a helmet maybe not not sure how well your bike control is, have a friend with you hit your dirt jump to flat a few times mark where you land

Btw that dirt jump is looking good =)

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/26/2013 8:37 PM

Also might want to work on a runway for your ramp bumpyness sucks and can throw you off drastically

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/26/2013 9:11 PM

how far can you jump now? off like a curb or something? how comfortable are you going what you would consider fast?

the thing with dirt is, you can always move it...

Make the landing one bike length away and see how that goes. Then move it if it's too close.

keep us updated!

|

6/26/2013 9:17 PM

I'd say make the first one a little longer at least so your front and back tire can go on it at the same time.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

6/27/2013 12:50 AM

haul ass then ghost ride your bike. mark where it crashes.
Or you could make it into a table top instead of a double then adjust accordingly as you progress in skill.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/27/2013 1:46 AM

one try kid wrote:

Or you could make it into a table top instead of a double then ...more

thats he stupidest thing ive ever heard. thats like saying i can make my bike do a ghost backflip so if i just stay on il be able to flip.

|

6/27/2013 1:50 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

thats he stupidest thing ive ever heard. thats like saying i can make my bike do a ghost backflip so if i just stay on il be ...more

ghost ride the bike to have a rough estimate where to build the landing. hehe

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/27/2013 1:56 AM

one try kid wrote:

Or you could make it into a table top instead of a double then ...more

Caelum Persson wrote:

thats he stupidest thing ive ever heard. thats like saying i can make my bike do a ghost backflip so if i just stay on il be ...more

one try kid wrote:

ghost ride the bike to have a rough estimate where to build the landing. hehe

do NOT do this, your just being a rude cunt and trying to make this dude hurt himself, thats the worst thing to do, i could make my bike go 3x as far and it would with me on it lol, just build a small landing where you think it should be and pad up and see how it goes, if its to short make it longer, to long make it shorter, if your padded up and you case and fall you should come off pretty easy, everyone falls while theyre learning.

|

6/27/2013 3:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2013 3:20 AM

pnj wrote:

how far can you jump now? off like a curb or something? how comfortable are you going what you would consider fast?

the ...more

By curb I assume you literally mean a curb as in one on the street? if yes then yes. :D

I have this other little crappy jump too, its a bit bigger than a curb.

And yea, I think Ill just build a landing, since I can just move that dirt (I think moving dirt would be better than a f*cked up bike or bones. haha
Photo

|

6/27/2013 3:15 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Landing in loose dirt is a bad idea just like sticking you bang stick into loose vaginas it's just asking to get stds

Best ...more

Pretty confident with my bike control on the ground, but in the air I have no experience. So if I am sorta flying through the air from the angle of my jump I don't know how hard it would be to land on the flat, on my wheels.

And thanks. :D

|