My forks are bent.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2013 3:19 AM

So i need some new ones. My question is, are cheaper brands like blank, xposure etc that bad for forks? Theyre stil 4130 cromo, maybe not 1-piece steerer tube but surely they'll hold up to light ish use (as in, I'm still learning :L)

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/23/2013 4:19 AM

Just get good aftermarket forks. In my experience all generic forks are ridiculously easy to bend compared to aftermarket forks for some reason.

|

5/23/2013 4:41 AM

1-Piece steerer tube is a MUST! As Brianoob said you buy cheap forks, you will be replacing them. Save up get yourself some aftermarket forks. Odyssey make pretty much the best forks on the market & have one of the best warranty's in BMX. Also if you cant stretch to the Odysseys, I would recommend BSD forks. They aren't as expensive, they have invest cast drop outs & BSD also have a great warranty.

|

5/23/2013 5:15 AM

just go odyssey and dont worry about forks again

|

5/23/2013 5:22 AM

Im not rich though, i can just pull 100's out my arse, absolute maximun I can save in a week in 40, so it'd take like a month at best to save up, but i need to buy a new phone, new grips and send my rim off for warrenty... maybe ill just keep an eye out on ebay

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/23/2013 5:26 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Im not rich though, i can just pull 100's out my arse, absolute maximun I can save in a week in 40, so it'd take like a month ...more

Took me a year to save for a frame bro... just save your money... i got odyssey r32's and im not scared to break/bend them cause they're lifetime warranty no matter what.

|

5/23/2013 5:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2013 5:27 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Im not rich though, i can just pull 100's out my arse, absolute maximun I can save in a week in 40, so it'd take like a month ...more

try and find some for sale on here? older odysey forks are still good

or get these
http://www.danscomp.com/353247.php

|

5/23/2013 5:28 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

Took me a year to save for a frame bro... just save your money... i got odyssey r32's and im not scared to break/bend them ...more

It might of taken a year, but if it took me year, i would be riding most of it because they'll probably break.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/23/2013 5:29 AM

Have a look on TheLootBMX.com or 20Twentystore.com you're looking at £145 for the Odyssey R25/32 Forks, £125 for the Odyssey CS2 Race forks & £120 for the BSD V3 Ghetto Forks. You said you can save £40 a week so you could have any of those forks in a month & have a little change too! Then you will have a fork that will last you till you get bored & decide you want to change them & if anything bad should happen they will be replaced almost without question!

|

5/23/2013 7:58 AM

chainreactioncycles has their Odyssey Classic Dirts and CS2 forks on sale @ £104.99

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/23/2013 8:07 AM

^ ^ Do that!! ^ ^

|

5/23/2013 11:15 AM

Get a job, buy new forks. F25

|

It’s all bmx