My front rim...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2014 7:19 PM

Idk why but its making a weird ass noise...and im thinking its my spokes breaking in..or i totally fucked my bearings up but its all sealed...

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/13/2014 7:22 PM

what does it sound like when you spin the wheel do you hear little grinding sounds?

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/13/2014 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2014 7:23 PM

Justin_rm250 wrote:

what does it sound like when you spin the wheel do you hear little grinding sounds?

No..when it goes slow it sounds like my spokes are to tight or something this thing is only 3 days old to i think i did something when i 180'ed off this little ramp and landed on the front hard

|

7/13/2014 7:29 PM

Is it "ticking"?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/13/2014 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2014 7:40 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Is it "ticking"?

Yep...if is seriously messed up ima be really pissed cuz the one i bought my friend(same rim as mine) has lasted him almost a year..and hes more hardcore than i am stocksy you got a phone ill send you a video of the sound its making

|

7/14/2014 8:06 AM

Squeeze your spokes lightly together, I bet they are bedding in and have a little flex, which makes them ping against eachother. If they feel loose, try using the correct sized spoke wrench and turning each one 1/4 of a turn all the way around the wheel (I start at the valve and go around), then check for tightness. Repeat as necessary.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/14/2014 4:18 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Squeeze your spokes lightly together, I bet they are bedding in and have a little flex, which makes them ping against eachother. If they feel loose, try using the correct sized spoke wrench and turning each one 1/4 of a turn all the way around the wheel (I start at the valve and go around), then check for tightness. Repeat as necessary.

this, if your musically inclined, pluck each spoke and listen to the noise, I've used a guitar tuner before for this. it can help if the wheel is to hard to tell with your ear, they also sell a spoke tension tool to measure the tension of each spoke accurately, all the spokes on the front should be at the same tension pluck a few in random spots that should tell you the right sound your looking for.

But i mean, if this is over your head. Just take the wheel to a bike shop. mine only charges 15-20 depending on how bad the wheel is.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/14/2014 4:36 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

this, if your musically inclined, pluck each spoke and listen to the noise, I've used a guitar tuner before for this. it can help if the wheel is to hard to tell with your ear, they also sell a spoke tension tool to measure the tension of each spoke accurately, all the spokes on the front should be at the same tension pluck a few in random spots that should tell you the right sound your looking for.

But i mean, if this is over your head. Just take the wheel to a bike shop. mine only charges 15-20 depending on how bad the wheel is.

i just got back from riding uptown it made the noise all the way up there then it stopped halfway home and now its nice and quiet

|

7/14/2014 4:47 PM

It's probably just the spokes bedding in.

|