My hub has become silent

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 10:51 PM

I honestly dont care at all if a hub is loud or silent, it just kind of concerns me because it used to be fairly loud now it pretty quiet. Could there be a problem with the springs or pawls? i havent greased it in a couple months, could that be it? like i said, i dont care if a hub is loud or quiet, im just a little worried. thanks for any and all help

|

i ride for fun

2/8/2014 10:56 PM

Open it up and check if the spring is okay, it might have broken causing the pawls to not be as stiff as the should with the spring there

|

2/8/2014 10:59 PM

I fucked mine too , I think I blew the bearings

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/8/2014 11:05 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Open it up and check if the spring is okay, it might have broken causing the pawls to not be as stiff as the should with the ...more

alright. if the springs are screwed up, is there anything i can even do? and how would i be able to tell if the springs aren't okay?

|

i ride for fun

2/8/2014 11:23 PM

You gotta see if the springs are individual or clip/wrap-around. What kind of hub do you have? You may need to take the spring or springs out and stretch them.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/8/2014 11:31 PM

PerfectSum wrote:

alright. if the springs are screwed up, is there anything i can even do? and how would i be able to tell if the springs aren't ...more

First off, what hub is it?

if it's a single spring wraparound, check to see it's all in 1 piece first and not broken. If it isn't, then press each pawl 1 by 1, they should all snap right back up when you let go, if not, that means the spring isn't tight enough around them like it should be

if it's individually springed, check for any breaks in the springs and do the pressing thing as well

|

2/8/2014 11:35 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Open it up and check if the spring is okay, it might have broken causing the pawls to not be as stiff as the should with the ...more

PerfectSum wrote:

alright. if the springs are screwed up, is there anything i can even do? and how would i be able to tell if the springs aren't ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

First off, what hub is it?

if it's a single spring wraparound, check to see it's all in 1 piece first and not broken. If it ...more

ok thanks. its a trebol, stock on my bike cause i havent needed a new one. thanks a lot, tomorrow i will definitely do all this cause its really late right now.

|

i ride for fun

2/8/2014 11:36 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

You gotta see if the springs are individual or clip/wrap-around. What kind of hub do you have? You may need to take the spring ...more

sorry, im kind of a new with hubs haha. i have a trebol that came on my bike. what do you mean by stretch them?

|

i ride for fun

2/9/2014 12:01 AM

Is it an unsealed hub? Because if it is then it probably needs cleaning out and bit of lubricant.

|