My mom won't let me buy a bmx please help

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2019 11:12 PM

Ok so I own a nice full suspension mountain bike because I'm quite into it and my mate is into bmx riding, I really want to buy a bmx so I can have a bike that I can use at the skate park and around town and all that, by my mum said I don't need it so can someone give me ideas to help persuade her

|

2/5/2019 11:23 PM

kaleb wrote:

Ok so I own a nice full suspension mountain bike because I'm quite into it and my mate is into bmx riding, I really want to buy a bmx so I can have a bike that I can use at the skate park and around town and all that, by my mum said I don't need it so can someone give me ideas to help persuade her

Does she know your intentions or does she just think you want a different bike to ride around town?

|

2/6/2019 12:49 AM

Oh boy, this will not go the way you hoped...

|

2/6/2019 1:12 AM

Sell the full sus, buy a bmx. Simple.

|

2/6/2019 4:09 AM

I had the same, till I remembered I am 46 with two kids and my mum 74... so I just bought one...

Do you know why she isn't happy with it? is it the money?... if so, then can you sell anything to fund it? If it is because you already have a bike, does she understand the difference between a BMX and a MTB?.. explain the benefits and how you can spend more time out of the house and active (which I know is what all parents want).

Best of luck...

|

2/6/2019 4:22 AM

Find some swarthy dude to dick her a few times and then ask when she’s in a better mood.

|

2/6/2019 4:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 4:33 AM

Like said above, why doesn't she want you to get one?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/6/2019 4:37 AM

JPC wrote:

Find some swarthy dude to dick her a few times and then ask when she’s in a better mood.

Brutality! FINISH HIM!!!

|

2/6/2019 4:49 AM

Your name is Kaleb. Get a scooter. Don’t ask for the logic behind it.

|

2/6/2019 6:05 AM

JPC wrote:

Find some swarthy dude to dick her a few times and then ask when she’s in a better mood.

I'm swarthy...

|

2/6/2019 6:09 AM

Post a picture of your mom

|

fack off

2/6/2019 6:29 AM

JPC wrote:

Find some swarthy dude to dick her a few times and then ask when she’s in a better mood.

dead goon wrote:

I'm swarthy...

I have a job for you.

|

2/6/2019 6:38 AM

I've learned so much from this thread. Namely that "swarthy" is a great adjective.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/6/2019 6:38 AM

Kick her in the shin then steal her purse and go buy the bike yourself

|

2/6/2019 7:02 AM

JPC wrote:

I have a job for you.

Pass.

|

2/6/2019 8:10 AM

dead goon wrote:

I'm swarthy...

JPC wrote:

I have a job for you.

dead goon wrote:

Pass.

How can you pass? You haven’t even seen a picture yet !

|

2/6/2019 8:16 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

How can you pass? You haven’t even seen a picture yet !

My loins can just sense these things.

|

2/6/2019 10:47 AM

I'll take the job. I don't even need to see a pic.

let's do this!

|

2/6/2019 11:42 AM

pnj wrote:

I'll take the job. I don't even need to see a pic.

let's do this!



Here she is! Now go get the job done!!
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/6/2019 11:50 AM

Don't listen to half of these guys man..

There's a lot you can do to get yourself this bike. First, you could ask your mom and explain to her all the reasons why this bike would be good for you, or you could go and make the money yourself.

Even if you're young there's a lot you can do to get some cash. Ask your parents and neighbors if there's anything you can do for them around the house. Adults always like cheap work that they're too lazy to do themselves. If that doesn't work, start up a lemonade stand, or sell gum at your school. Sure there's a lot of things you can do, but to be able to earn the money yourself would make your parents happy and you'll enjoy YOUR bike a whole lot more.

Best of luck man, and if this is something you truly want, don't give up on it.

|

2/6/2019 11:52 AM

pnj wrote:

I'll take the job. I don't even need to see a pic.

let's do this!

My fucking man!!

|

fack off

2/6/2019 11:59 AM

Any holes a goal.

|

2/6/2019 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 1:42 PM

BMPorter wrote:

Don't listen to half of these guys man..

There's a lot you can do to get yourself this bike. First, you could ask your mom and explain to her all the reasons why this bike would be good for you, or you could go and make the money yourself.

Even if you're young there's a lot you can do to get some cash. Ask your parents and neighbors if there's anything you can do for them around the house. Adults always like cheap work that they're too lazy to do themselves. If that doesn't work, start up a lemonade stand, or sell gum at your school. Sure there's a lot of things you can do, but to be able to earn the money yourself would make your parents happy and you'll enjoy YOUR bike a whole lot more.

Best of luck man, and if this is something you truly want, don't give up on it.

The only issue I see here is, the kid owns a full suspension mountain bike. Those bikes are THOUSANDS of dollars in parts and components. I'm not saying the kid (or parents) are sitting on piles of money, but this was how my parents did it.

Unless what I had was broken, or somehow no longer useful, I wasn't getting a new anything. What we had was what we had.


/ Devil's Advocate

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/6/2019 1:54 PM

There’s always dope.

|

2/6/2019 2:41 PM

I told you so.

|

2/6/2019 5:36 PM

Chronic masturbate all over her every day until she gets you that damn bike..... that's what I did

|

2/7/2019 4:19 AM

I love this forum...great stuff guys!

On a serious note, don't try to convince her by whining about it. That rarely works unless you're spoiled but it doesn't seem to be the case. I understand where your mom is coming from. She bought you a very nice bike for the bike sport you are into, MTB. Are you going in there asking her for a high-end BMX? It might be easier to convince her if you're asking her to get you a used BMX so you can go to the skate park with your friends (your MTB isn't suited for that type of riding, which is what you're friend does). If you're going new, check out one of the MANY "Which bike should I buy?" posts on here for suggestions on entry level bikes that are decent and what to look for. There are many threads on buying used bikes also. And for the love of god, don't mention upgrades. You're trying to convince her to buy you a bike, not a bike then pedals...then a new stem....then new cranks....then new bars....then new wheels.

Can you go to the skate park with your friend and share his bike for a few weeks? If your mum sees you going to the park to ride BMX often and you don't have one, it is more likely that she will get you a bike. You need to show her that you are actually interested and the bike isn't going to just collect rust.

Good luck

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

2/7/2019 5:34 AM

pnj wrote:

I'll take the job. I don't even need to see a pic.

let's do this!

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Here she is! Now go get the job done!!

That's hilarious good one

|

2/7/2019 9:29 AM

Ask your mate if you can borrow his for a bit, maybe swap bikes for a bit if you know he takes care of his shit. Show your mum you'd get into it and actually use it, if she's anything like my mum was about things, its cos she thinks you'll use it for a week and give up.

|

6"3' on a kids bike, no I don't take myself seriously either.