My new 2007 Sunday first wave.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2017 8:23 PM

I'm so excited. It finally came yesterday. This thing is mint, like right off the showroom floor. The first wave frame Sunday ever made. I think this will be collectable some day, with the director forks. Oh and it came with some titanium profile cranks. I can't believe no one else bid on this. I got it for a steal. It feels so smooth and dialed, everything is greased, tight, and new looking. I think this bike sat in someone's bedroom for 11 years lol. I'll do a proper bike check one of these days, but for now, here's my new favorite bike. I love all the oversize tubing, and the wishbone. Looks midschool, but it's like 23 pounds. Love it.
Photo

|

11/24/2017 8:56 PM

Dang! That thing is clean! I like it alot man! You better enjoy her!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/24/2017 11:46 PM

That looks awesome! That was my favourite time in bmx. I used to have a brakeless Sunday og frame, and I've wanted an Ian schwartz frame since they came out

|

11/25/2017 5:40 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

That looks awesome! That was my favourite time in bmx. I used to have a brakeless Sunday og frame, and I've wanted an Ian schwartz frame since they came out

Yeah I think the og was the year before this one. I never rode a Sunday before, but this thing feels rock solid. I'll be keeping the brakes on this one. I kinda would prefer it to be breakless, but it has welded on mounts, so they are staying. Maybe I'll learn some brake tricks. It feels weird to have them. I keep forgetting they are there. I just bought a new chrome 7ka, I'm gonna lace to my g-sport simian, so I'll have matching chrome rims. I wanted to paint the frame Black, but the yellow is in such perfect condition, I don't think I should now. I kind of want to make it era correct with all 2007 parts. I added my Odyssey sxtn stem, and standard strip bars. The kink releif stem was kinda scary, and the Tudor bars were tiny 7.65. gonna keep it pegless. Trying to keep it nice and clean.

|

11/25/2017 7:24 AM

Cool deal man! Looks built!

|

11/25/2017 10:11 AM

definitely keep it era correct except replaced parts! That way it keeps it's "signature look". It won't look like everyone else's bike!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/25/2017 12:18 PM

Wow, only 23 LBS? This bike is sick!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/26/2017 6:49 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Wow, only 23 LBS? This bike is sick!

Yeah the frame itself is a little on the heavy side, but it has a lot of light parts. Titanium profile spindle, the director forks are pretty light. Odyssey plyte path tires, that are pretty skinny helps a lot. That's where most of the weight loss probably comes from. 1.85/2.10. it's actually right under 23 with brakes, and no pegs.

|