My profile mini rear hub has been acting weird

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2019 2:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2019 2:42 AM

I just got a profile mini and upon installation, I've been having some problems that I can't seem to fix. I've taken it apart, put it back together and the thing is that once I finally got it on my bike, I have to pedal very hard for the wheel to move. I try to move the pedals forward and it's completely hard but if I move it backwards, it pedals just fine. It pedals backwards. Any clue on what might be wrong with it? Am I doing something wrong?

|

5/3/2019 2:42 AM

|

5/3/2019 4:39 AM

Something rubbing? Or are your "cones" are too tight. Either that or something is installed wrong.

|

5/3/2019 5:09 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Something rubbing? Or are your "cones" are too tight. Either that or something is installed wrong.

This.

Was is new or used?

Does it have the little spacer for between the driver and hub bearing that *should* be in there? (At least both of my Profile hubs had that)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/3/2019 5:38 AM

Yep, sounds like it’s missing either the thin spacer that goes between the driver bearing and hub bearing, or the spacer that goes in the middle of the driver, between the pairs of bearings

|

5/3/2019 5:33 PM

Pictures?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson