My top bolt is ruined and its stuck !!!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2013 10:26 AM

My top bolt got ruined, i cant unscrew it. and its stuck , how can i get it out please help!

|

10/5/2013 11:39 AM

This happened to me once. Unscrew the 2 stem bolts in the back, then spin the bars counter clockwise till the top bolt is loose.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/5/2013 7:11 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

This happened to me once. Unscrew the 2 stem bolts in the back, then spin the bars counter clockwise till the top bolt is loose.

Then that'll mess up the bottom of your stem and inside of the stem. Not a smart way unless it's the very absolute last resort.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/5/2013 7:23 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Then that'll mess up the bottom of your stem and inside of the stem. Not a smart way unless it's the very absolute last resort.

Didn't ruin my stem.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/5/2013 11:56 PM

If your Topcap isn't countersunk in the Stem, use Molegrips to spin it round.

|

10/6/2013 2:13 PM

Use a ratchet.

|

10/6/2013 3:48 PM

drill it out if everything else fails that's what I had to do

|

10/6/2013 4:37 PM

Drill it out and then us an easyout bit to take it out

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/6/2013 4:39 PM

Use a sharp chisel and a hammer to gently tap it till it starts turning out. itll ruin the bolt most likely.

|

10/7/2013 7:08 AM

thanks..i think ill try each one of these till is all done

|

10/7/2013 8:23 AM

Jw, what cap is it? Can you post a pic. My old Odyssey cap would work with a 6mm-8mm keys and a ratchet in the little slit under the allen key hole that you're SUPPOSED to use. I would just have to slide it around the slit till it fit snug.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx