People who are good with hub help me please....

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2013 7:29 PM

I just greased my hub and theirs no chain and I was just spinning the wheel and the driver started to stick sometimes and start clicking even tho theirs no chain on. What could cause this and how do I fix it?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 7:33 PM

Also I cane mov my driver back and forth when it's on my bike and tightened up, with my finger. It's not a lot but you can move it maybe 2 mm back and forth

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 8:11 PM

Help?

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 8:33 PM

Open up the hub completely to check it out. And unless your bearings are blown, tighten everything to the max.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/30/2013 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 8:39 PM

Already did.. The wheel spins fine.. Can't be anything wrong with the bearings, it's just that the driver catches and stops then starts clicking.. Also it moves back and forth a bit and I don't think that's sopost to happen

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 8:46 PM

what hub

|

12/30/2013 8:50 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Already did.. The wheel spins fine.. Can't be anything wrong with the bearings, it's just that the driver catches and stops then starts clicking.. Also it moves back and forth a bit and I don't think that's sopost to happen

Remove your driver from the hub and take a look in the hub shell for any flat spots. These can be caused by an impact to the hub or driver, and are often caused from grinding without a hub guard. If this is the case, your driver is simply getting caught up on that flat spot every time the wheel rotates around.

You can usually fix the flat spot if it isn't too bad with a Dremel tool. Just go slowly and make sure you are only removing a minimal amount of material from your hub, just to make it round again.

If you don't feel comfortable taking a grinder to your hub, bring it in to your local bike shop. They should be able to help out.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

12/30/2013 8:50 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Tighten the wheel up like normal and check the hub for play. If it has play, then something's wrong. If not, then you're good. And as for riding chainless, some hubs tend to just catch a little bit, perfectly fine.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/30/2013 8:51 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Remove your driver from the hub and take a look in the hub shell for any flat spots. These can be caused by an impact to the hub or driver, and are often caused from grinding without a hub guard. If this is the case, your driver is simply getting caught up on that flat spot every time the wheel rotates around.

You can usually fix the flat spot if it isn't too bad with a Dremel tool. Just go slowly and make sure you are only removing a minimal amount of material from your hub, just to make it round again.

If you don't feel comfortable taking a grinder to your hub, bring it in to your local bike shop. They should be able to help out.

Dremel to a hub?!? You're scaring me, man..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/30/2013 8:54 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

transition_chris wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Dremel to a hub?!? You're scaring me, man..

Haha. You got to get the big boy tools out every once and a while. smile

It's really not that bad to do, but like I said, you can mess up your hub if you're not careful so take it to your LBS if in doubt!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

12/30/2013 8:55 PM

Does it work fine when you put a chain on it?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/30/2013 9:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

what hub

Éclat pulse v1

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 9:33 PM

transition_chris wrote:

No flat spots

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 9:43 PM

The thing I'm pointing at pushes against my driver and causes the driver to slick when I tighen the wheel up to my frame.. So I have no idea how to fix it.. Because I have to tighten my wheel and if I tighten it that thing will push against my driver and cause it to click.. When spinning without a chain..

Photo

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 10:29 PM

Boomp

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/30/2013 10:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 11:00 PM

as long as you can move the driver freely by hand when its tight in the frame its not a problem if the driver is hard to move it might be a bearing issue

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

12/31/2013 12:58 AM

I already told you it's fine if the hub clicks like that. The bearings are just tight and proper. As long as your hand can still move it, it's PERFECTLY FINE. The only time you have a problem is when the hub actually has wobble, shake, or play..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

12/31/2013 1:03 AM

Loosen the locknut you are pointing at a bit, so then the Driver will be able to spin freely. Then if it tightens up again once you have done the Wheel up, loosen the Driveside slightly and loosen the locknut till the driver spins freely again, and tighten the wheel back up.

|

12/31/2013 1:05 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I already told you it's fine if the hub clicks like that. The bearings are just tight and proper. As long as your hand can still move it, it's PERFECTLY FINE. The only time you have a problem is when the hub actually has wobble, shake, or play..

Not necessarily, the bearings can be crushed/damaged if it is too tight.

|

12/31/2013 3:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2013 4:00 AM

aids on a stick. I think i got confused in my head about what hub i saw it on of mine if anyone read this before i edited it,.........

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/31/2013 7:57 AM

No problem. Everytime ive had to ride chainless or my homies rode chainless our hubs always click when we go forward. Aslong as it doesn't wobble and isnt over tightened. If you can spin it with your fingers its fine. And also, the driver moving 2mm one way or another is just the slack before the pawls engage/click. Nothing wrong with your hub. Just put your chain on and ride.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/31/2013 4:16 PM

As long as the driver can still spin freely by hand & doesn't feel really tight when you have your wheel in the dropouts tightened down, it's fine. My guess is the bushing inside the driver is catching the axle sometimes from deforming overtime, just a guess though. Like I said, if it doesn't feel tight in the dropouts when you tighten it down, it's fine

|

1/5/2014 8:26 PM

Drver stopped moving..

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/6/2014 12:32 AM

Have you ever taken the hub apart? I'm not sure but that hub might be like the primo mix where it needs those small spacers for the hub to work properly

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2