My wheel when I move it back and forth it clicks

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2017 8:07 PM

So a couple weeks ago my wheel made a weird popping noise when I moved it side to side and I didn’t know what to di. I took it to a bike store and they just tightened some shit up and it was back to normal. I now just put some pegs on and now it’s doing that again can anyone help I really need it! Thank you

|

11/30/2017 9:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2017 9:46 PM

Matt_spelly wrote:

So a couple weeks ago my wheel made a weird popping noise when I moved it side to side and I didn’t know what to di. I took it ...more

Sealed cartridge bearings or loose ball?

If cartridge bearings its either your hub shell opening is stretched out your axle is damaged or the bearing is damaged/out of spec/blown.

If loose, just your cone nuts need to be adjusted most likely.

|

11/30/2017 9:26 PM

Matt_spelly wrote:

So a couple weeks ago my wheel made a weird popping noise when I moved it side to side and I didn’t know what to di. I took it ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

If cartridge bearings its either your hub shell opening is stretched out your axle ...more

What are the cone nuts sorry I’m not really good at working with bikes lol

|

11/30/2017 9:26 PM

Matt_spelly wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

If cartridge bearings its either your hub shell opening is stretched out your axle ...more

Matt_spelly wrote:

It’s a sealed hub tho

|

11/30/2017 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2017 9:31 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Matt_spelly wrote:

Matt_spelly wrote:

It’s a sealed hub tho

Then its probably your hub shell where the bearing sits is a bit stretched out.

Do what I did in this video but wrap a layer or two around the outside of the bearing instead of the axle.

Or maybe do both the outside of the bearing and the axle to be sure. Youll have to take your wheel off and figure out which side is wobbling.

I have been running my front wheel hard and I did this mod to it a long while ago.

|

11/30/2017 9:35 PM

Actually my hub is looseball semi sealed shit

|

11/30/2017 9:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2017 9:41 PM

In that case, the cone nuts are the nuts that the bearings ride on. You just have to tighten them a little bit so the wheel spins freely with no extra resistance and no wobble.

They will be the nuts closest to the hub shell.

|

12/1/2017 4:55 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

In that case, the cone nuts are the nuts that the bearings ride on. You just have to tighten them a little bit so the wheel ...more

Thank you So much

|