NEED HELP!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2013 10:03 AM

Hi guys, I got pegs for my bike and hub gaurds and ive been grinding, and now i screwed up my bike, now im good at grinding but before i didnt realize how much damage it would do to it. I need help with my back wheel, for some reason my freewheel/driver is barely spinning and its hard to spin with my finger, it seems like its super tight or something is stuck. Any ideas how to fix this?

|

6/11/2013 10:07 AM

cone nut too tight. that seems to be the issue every time

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/11/2013 10:09 AM

tomdon wrote:

cone nut too tight. that seems to be the issue every time

yup. this happened to my friend yesterday.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/11/2013 10:14 AM

Sorry im new to bmx, but that might not be the problem because i completely took the axle out to make sure everything is right and even with the cone nut completely off , my driver still barely spins

|

6/11/2013 10:15 AM

When i hold my wheel in my hand and try to spin it , i can barely even spin it, because the driver barely spins...

|

6/11/2013 10:25 AM

what bike arew you riding?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/11/2013 10:31 AM

wtp arcade bike cause im a beginner and its stock

|

6/11/2013 10:58 AM

Guessing the driver is rooted

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/11/2013 12:10 PM

Gump wrote:

Guessing the driver is rooted

what exactly is that?

|

6/12/2013 12:43 PM

The cone nut is probably too tight. That's usually the prob.

|

Stay fit, ride a Fit, crash and have a fit.

6/12/2013 12:45 PM

Your driver bearings might be screwed and you need new ones.

|

Stay fit, ride a Fit, crash and have a fit.

6/12/2013 4:55 PM

PijusGriskonis wrote:

Sorry im new to bmx, but that might not be the problem because i completely took the axle out to make sure everything is right and even with the cone nut completely off , my driver still barely spins

I made this mistake when I first got my bike, its the cone nut, you have to play around with it to find the right tightness (thats the problem with unsealed hubs), also be careful because I think I messed my cone nut up, it has a scraped on it, so now my hub doesnt work as well as it did before sad I'm probably going to need a new hub soon, and I'm going to get seal bearings to make things easier.

|