NEED HELP on taking off a stem

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2014 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2014 5:15 PM

Hi guys so I just got new bars today I want to put them on my bike but i can't the reason is i can't get the other two stems bolts off. I got two out but not the other two I got top right top and left bottom I have the tools to take out. The thing I don't get is the tool I'm using fit in all the bolts when I did the first two it was easy it fit I unscrew both but the other two is harder I put tool in it doesn't feel the same as the first I did. What is I'm doing wrong please I need help can you guys give me any suggestion on how to take them out. I know you have take right top and left bottom left top right bottom is that the right way to take off a stem.

|

2/7/2014 5:28 PM

is the bolt stripped? if it is, the best way to get it out is by welding a shitty allen key to it and using that to get it off
those drill attachments to get them out dont work great, if you can afford it, take an angle grinder and cut the bolts of if you dont plan on using the stem any more

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/7/2014 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2014 5:40 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

is the bolt stripped? if it is, the best way to get it out is by welding a shitty allen key to it and using that to get it off ...more

How could you tell if the bolt are stripped could you tell if the bolts are stripped if it spray painted. My stem is spray painted and the bolts.

|

2/7/2014 5:43 PM

if its stripped the allen key will not loosen it, it will just slip and round out the bolts
i think you are just being a pussy about loosening bolts
maybe try some oil or wd40 to loosen up the bolt

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/7/2014 5:52 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

if its stripped the allen key will not loosen it, it will just slip and round out the bolts
i think you are just being a pussy ...more

I try WD40 it still wont come off. I think my bolts are stripped because when did the first two it work fine when I put allen key in the bolts it felt tight I unscrew the both. But the other two bolts they felt loose like when i put the allen key in it won't stay in.

|

2/7/2014 6:48 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i think you are just being a pussy ...more

Pokemonbmx wrote:

I try WD40 it still wont come off. I think my bolts are stripped because when did the first two it work fine when I put allen ...more

Stripped the bolt heads. Weld that shit. Take it to a bike shop.

|

2/8/2014 5:32 AM

Pics would be nice.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/8/2014 11:22 AM

T-rider wrote:

Pics would be nice.

seriously this

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me