NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2013 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2013 8:18 AM

Ok... So the GDH profile spindle stands for Gun Drilled Hollow, and the standard profile spindle is the solid spindle correct?

The GDH uses 5/8 bolts and the solid uses 3/8's yeah?

Would that mean if i wanted bolts i need to buy 3/8 bolts? or should i just buy the heat treated steel bolts?

Because i bought GDH bolts/washers for $35 (motherfucking rip off)

And i can still get my money back, i could however buy a GDH hollow spindle, but.... The spindle im getting is titanium.

What do you guys recommend?

Option 1: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=106005
Option 2: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=105953
Option 3: Local Hardware for bolts, How would that work?

|

5/14/2013 8:36 AM

if your getting a ti spindle, DONOT get the cromo bolts...its stupid, and it will add about the same weight as the weight you are saving, just save up and get the ti bolts, i had the bluesix ti ones and they were better than the regular profile ones

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/14/2013 8:44 AM

Ti spindle, and chromo bolts. It you buy the ti bolts, youll need alot of anti-seize if you ever want to take your cranks off again

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/14/2013 9:10 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Ti spindle, and chromo bolts. It you buy the ti bolts, youll need alot of anti-seize if you ever want to take your cranks off again

that's what i was thinking...

I'm not doing what dora said up there ^^^ mr king swag...

I'm going to get temporary 3/8 x 24 bolts for the spindle then buy regular cromo bolts for it and refund my bolts that i bought ( the gdh ones)

thanks for your help ^^

|

5/14/2013 9:15 AM

No prob. I dont personally care much for ti, I have a few ti spokes because they were free lol but its definitely not a good idea to let ti touch ti. If it cold welds, youre fucked

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/14/2013 9:20 AM

not too keen on profile ti parts... had the driver which shit up, had ti hub axles which shit up. not sure about the axle tho, my mate had it and he could never get cranks of it, he used a ton of anti seize. he broke 3 crank pullers trying to get it off. he ended up cracking the arm where the thread for the crank puller is

|