Nail paint on hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2014 8:12 AM

Just wondered if anyone has used nail paint/vanish on their hubs to give a paint splatter type effect? Post pictures if you have dk wether to give it a go

|

12/31/2014 5:49 PM

Sounds cool but I imagine it would chip off.

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

12/31/2014 6:01 PM

nope
do it

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/31/2014 6:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2014 6:37 PM

I am suprised i haven't asked this question.

Women's fingernails don't chip that easy but nails are a bit more porus. My uncle touched up a tiny tiny spot on his Chevelle with nail polish if i remember correctly and it never chipped off i don't think. Your hub would get a medium amount of contact compared to those two so i imagine it would be ok for a while.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/31/2014 6:42 PM

Black hub with red splatter nail polish would be sick

|

When the river runs red, take the dirt road instead.

12/31/2014 9:40 PM

sunday bikes69 wrote:

Black hub with red splatter nail polish would be sick

Blood life

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/2/2015 5:07 PM

Even if it chips off, you can just repaint it. Hubs don't make contact with anything except the air and occasionally water (unless you get shot at or something), so there's no real reason for the paint to rub off.

|

1/2/2015 5:13 PM

Cheers gonna give it a try tomorrow thinking purple splatter on my black hubs to match frame

|

1/2/2015 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2015 5:15 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I am suprised i haven't asked this question.

Women's fingernails don't chip that easy but nails are a bit more porus. My uncle touched up a tiny tiny spot on his Chevelle with nail polish if i remember correctly and it never chipped off i don't think. Your hub would get a medium amount of contact compared to those two so i imagine it would be ok for a while.

Pretty cool man I've touched up my purple frame with nail varnish before as it matches well and it lasted for quite a while

|

1/2/2015 8:51 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

Even if it chips off, you can just repaint it. Hubs don't make contact with anything except the air and occasionally water (unless you get shot at or something), so there's no real reason for the paint to rub off.

this
hubs take the least level of abrasion of any part on your bike because they are literally caged off
go for it, might look sick, if not just use acetone and get it off

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/3/2015 2:59 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this
hubs take the least level of abrasion of any part on your bike because they are literally caged off

I'll post pictures up later how it turned out

|

1/3/2015 8:00 AM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this

oliver_dungey wrote:

I'll post pictures up later how it turned out

Sweet! I might have to try it too.

|

1/3/2015 8:21 PM

I actually think I have heard of people using it to paint their hubs. they did the whole thing if I recall though, not just splatter... also I don't know if they sanded it down at all or anything

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "