Name Chasers...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2018 8:56 AM

Someone that either doesnt give a brand/company a chance because of what they heard.

Someone that only Buys a certain brand because its "the best".

Are you a Name Chaser? Have you had any personal experience with one?

Are you a Name Chaser?

View Results

|

8/4/2018 9:01 AM

Can't say I am, although I like to take a look at what others have said about a certain product before buying. But I don't really buy/not buy stuff based on the brand, usually that gets you into trouble sooner or later.

|

8/4/2018 9:20 AM

I buy based on the brand, but not necessarily because I believe it's better than something else. Usually because I choose to support them, or because I've had no issues with them in the past. If I try something new, I often don't like it so I stick with what I know

|

8/4/2018 9:37 AM

Nope none of them are paying me or sending me parts so I just get whatevers cheapest and has the geo I like and the lower weight.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/4/2018 9:48 AM

I just buy from companies that I like...

Do I have some inside details on why this thread was made Bullet?wink

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/4/2018 10:02 AM

i think my bike build speaks for itself that i am no name chaser haha. just ride whats best for your riding style. like four said if i aint gettin free parts or gettin paid IDGAF.

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

8/4/2018 10:04 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Yes you do... Lol

|

8/4/2018 10:05 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes you do... Lol

I knew it!laughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/4/2018 10:31 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes you do... Lol

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I knew it!laughing

Well? I want in!

|

8/4/2018 11:04 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I buy based on the brand, but not necessarily because I believe it's better than something else. Usually because I choose to ...more

Same.

|

8/4/2018 11:06 AM

I avoid companies that don't stick out to me but I would never recommend not getting anything from them just because Im not a fan

|

Hmmm

8/4/2018 11:24 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Yes you do... Lol

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I knew it!laughing

jbales wrote:

Well? I want in!

I will have to write it up on my break...its a lot lol

|

8/4/2018 11:56 AM

I'm kind of both.

I prefer Odyssey parts over most other parts, therefore I recommend their parts above most all other brands. I have caught myself thinking "It's Odyssey, it must be good"

But I also wouldn't defend a bad Odyssey product just because they made it.

Similarly, I wouldn't actively seek out a Stranger product, but if it was what I really wanted and was good enough quality, I'd go for it.

Mongoose, GT, and DK, honestly don't really appeal to me as brands, but I also wouldn't say "Don't get that bike because it's a Mongoose" etc.

As far as people I've come in contact with? I've met hundreds of brand whores in my life. Cars and cycling are probably the most egregious hobbies that display this.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/4/2018 11:58 AM

I just get what's cheap at my local shop lol

|

It’s all bmx

8/4/2018 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 7:16 PM

I'm guilty of it. Brands like Hyper, Total, Tall Order, Snafu (post 2010). They're not my style of riding so I don't want to ride their frames. I love Scotty and Matty to death though.

Stranger because of how they treated LZ.

Animal (post 2013) because of personal shit I heard.

Divsion because of what they did to my friend.

Kink because I heard they were gonna drop Tiseo before he passed. This one is split for me because I asked people close to Joe and I get 2 sides.

EDIT: As far as supporting a brand just because, I did that with Animal years ago. Butcher is my second favorite rider behind Tiseo and I wanted to like the pegs so bad but that plastic was so bad.

I endorse Merritt because the parts are great. Haven't had a single problem since they started. The Charlie grips are the best feeling grips I've ever had. The Brad bars are the most comfortable bars I ever used. The Option tires are heaven sent. The Final Drive Freecoaster is smooth as fuck. The GFE pegs are the best plastics I ever used. The Mighty sprocket I had when I first started rocking with them is still being used after I sold it. Merritt is just a solid company in general. I mean look at the team. Simms, Crumlish, Begin, BRIAN FUCKING FOSTER! Even Scerbo fucks with them. The parts and riders are what have me hooked.

|

8/6/2018 1:08 PM

I buy parts from brands I grew up with or new companies started by those people.

Take, Subrosa for example. Wasn't sure about them when I got back into BMX at the start of the year but once I learned Ron Bonner was behind it, I was sold. I wore so much UGP back in the day.

|

8/6/2018 3:39 PM

I’m sort of a name chaser. I’m biased toward Hoffman, GT (and dyno), Odyssey(Sunday and gsport counts) and S&M because that’s basically all I’ve ever ridden. FBM and standard byke are solid too, and SE racing has always been my go-to on racing stuff. Profile is good for parts as well.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/6/2018 8:55 PM

Yes in this case. Ill buy any Bone Deth and Shadow products because I just like them without reason, and I buy Odyssey and some eClat parts because more often than not, they’re reliable products. I want to buy more FBM products, but I dont really care for Profile Racing products too much (although if I had the money and the hubs were at the right price, Ill probably wont pass it up). But like every other aspect of my life, I never buy the cheapest thing and I never buy the most expensive thing.

I buy Bone Deth purely for fanboy reasons. I buy Odyssey for their product reliability. And Bone Deth also puts out good products also, so not really losing anything there.

|

8/7/2018 7:54 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This. I dont think that the brands I buy from are necessarily better, but Im definitely loyal to the brands that I like. IE FBM, T1, Standard, Odyssey. I like trying new things but in terms of the big stuff I dont see myself deviating too much.

|