Ned help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2016 1:34 PM

When i peddle in some spots it hards to peddle going around and some easy just wandering what could be wrong? sprocket bent or something and also when im just coasting i feel it trying to move my foot forward and i use a cassette

|

7/6/2016 1:44 PM

Could be a bent sprocket, or stretched section of chain. It also sounds like you've got issues with your driver. How tight do you have your chain? Could be moody bearings, bent axle, bent hub.

|

7/6/2016 2:34 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Could be a bent sprocket, or stretched section of chain. It also sounds like you've got issues with your driver. How tight do ...more

should i take appart my hub? and see if its bent? and my chain has slack its not super tight

|

7/6/2016 3:58 PM

I would take it to a shop and ask if you can watch them work on it honestly, unless you feel mechanically inclined and think you can take it apart AND put it back together without issue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2016 11:28 PM

Spin your back wheel, and watch the driver. If it wiggles as the wheel spins, somethings bent. Usually the axles goes first so if you're confident enough you could strip your hub and lay the axle on surface you know is flat to check it. If it's bent, get a new one. You can check all the bearings while it's apart too, and replace any that are worn. But as Dave said, only strip it yourself if you're confident enough you'll be able to put it back together properly. Otherwise you may as well just buy a new hub without bothering to strip it

|

7/7/2016 9:10 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Spin your back wheel, and watch the driver. If it wiggles as the wheel spins, somethings bent. Usually the axles goes first so ...more

where i live there is no bike shop so how much if i mess it up? i ride Mission Intrepid FA cassette back wheel

|

7/8/2016 12:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2016 12:10 AM

It depends how badly you mess it up. You can buy spare parts and fit them yourself, a new hub and learn how to lace it to your rim, or a wheel. Or try to find someone with enough experience locally to help you out with it

The safest bet would be a new wheel, the cost varies a lot depending on what you want. But at least you'd know it's all going to work properly

|