Need HELP!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2011 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2011 11:42 AM

i just put together a new bike and now the front end is making like a metal clink noise and its irritating and dont feel safe!!!what should i do...

|

2/19/2011 11:43 AM

Where is it coming from? Headset? Wheel?

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/19/2011 11:46 AM

both its really weird..

|

2/19/2011 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2011 11:47 AM

does your front wheel wobble?
bike check?

|

Taylor Gang Or Die
Australia > United States

2/19/2011 11:47 AM

im goin to get it done maybe but i was looking for a alternative

|

2/19/2011 11:49 AM

If it's wheel, chances are you haven't tightened your nuts enough. To fix it, just take it off, and tighten the nuts that old the axle onto the hub

If it is headset, chances are you tightened your compression bolt after your pinch bolts. To fix that, loosen the bolts on the side of the stem, tighten the top cap bolt, then re-tighten the side bolts once there is no wobble in the headset.

Or you've left a tool in your bike somewhere...

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/19/2011 11:52 AM

camjf wrote:

If it's wheel, chances are you haven't tightened your nuts enough. To fix it, just take it off, and tighten the nuts that old the axle onto the hub

If it is headset, chances are you tightened your compression bolt after your pinch bolts. To fix that, loosen the bolts on the side of the stem, tighten the top cap bolt, then re-tighten the side bolts once there is no wobble in the headset.

LUL at option 3.

|

Taylor Gang Or Die
Australia > United States

2/19/2011 11:59 AM

camjf wrote:

[: wrote:

LUL at option 3.

Mercedes Maclaren left a toolbox in the air intake hole in one of there Formula 1 cars, then the car practically blew up at about lap 7.

Moral of the story;
Never leave a tool in your bike or it will blow up.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/19/2011 11:59 AM

okay thanks you

|

2/19/2011 12:00 PM

Your headset is most likely loose. If your headset is loose, you should be able to tell by wobbling the bars/fork.

|

2/19/2011 12:11 PM

camjf wrote:

Mercedes Maclaren left a toolbox in the air intake hole in one of there Formula 1 cars, then the car practically blew up at about lap 7.

Moral of the story;
Never leave a tool in your bike or it will blow up.

This is the best answer in the world!!! But on a serious note...

I guess I should get that tig welder out of my driver.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

2/19/2011 12:19 PM

are you running a straight cable

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICKwink bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH