Need Help...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2011 8:07 PM

My front end of my bike makes this clicking sound when I pull up or push down on the bars. I recently got a new stem and headset and it still made the sound after I got those. If I loosen the compression bolt and pinch bolts and then re-tighten them it stops for a little. My headset and cap are both greased... if you have any advice please let me know.

|

8/21/2011 8:10 PM

you need a new valve cap.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

8/21/2011 8:13 PM

Skooter wrote:

compression bolt?

|

8/21/2011 8:18 PM

Skooter wrote:

Killorado_BMX wrote:

compression bolt?

sarcasm bro. it could be a little loose still, crank it down.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/21/2011 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2011 8:19 PM

Skooter wrote:

Killorado_BMX wrote:

compression bolt?

naw i was being sarcastic and a smart ass but in reality grease it up and tighten down that compression bolt so it doesnt shake around and it should not click.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

8/21/2011 8:21 PM

headset spcaers? grease headset?

|

8/21/2011 8:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2011 8:37 PM

The headset and bolt are both greased a lot... and I tighten all the bolts to the point where they wont tighten any more.

|

8/22/2011 6:21 AM

sometimes new stems will "creak" when you tighten them down

|

8/22/2011 6:43 AM

Do you have grease on all bolt threads? How about on all bearings? A lot of the time it is a little flex on a bolt or where the bolt threads in and some grease ends the creak. Make sure all your stem bolts have a little grease on the threading, your compression bolt too, and all the bearings and bearing surfaces.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura