Need Opinions on 2 frames

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2011 8:45 PM

The Cardinal Ambassador http://www.danscomp.com/211171.php
or
the
Fly Luna 3 http://www.danscomp.com/211432.php
i know absolutely nothing about frames and need all the help i can get on this decision looking for what ever is best for street and if neither of these are please, send a recommendation

|

BFG smoke the green crack

3/17/2011 8:49 PM

luna for sure, nice steep headtube angles are dope

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/17/2011 8:50 PM

what do steep headtube angles help on

|

3/17/2011 8:51 PM

BFG wrote:

nose mannys, spins, its just alot more nimble and responsive

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/17/2011 8:53 PM

BFG wrote:

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

alright shteez should i even bother with thinking about the ambassador

|

3/17/2011 8:54 PM

BFG wrote:

not to mention twitchy and unstable. theres a flipside to every coin.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/17/2011 8:54 PM

BFG wrote:

BFG wrote:

alright shteez should i even bother with thinking about the ambassador

its a very good frame. the vertical dropouts work perfectly.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/17/2011 8:55 PM

what do you ride mostly and what tricks do you like a lot?

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/17/2011 8:57 PM

I would say no to the Cardinal frame, I wouldn't trust the vertical dropouts. While vertical dropouts are common on some kinds of bikes (road bikes) I wouldn't like them on a BMX bike because if your rear axle got loose and shifted a bit and you went off a jump there goes your rear wheel. Also there would be no forward/backward movement for chain tensioning. I think the Cardinal is poorly designed. The luna however seems quite nice and the removable brake system seems like a really cool feature. But then I haven't heard too many reviews of the Luna. Have you considered the Cult Bad Boy, nice geometry and made in the USA. The DK passport seems like a sturdy well made frame as well. Or you could check out the BSD Forever frame, BMXPlus magazine reviewed it and it got a very good review. It's a tad on the heavier side but very sturdy and can take a beating without denting. Just a few suggestions.

|

3/17/2011 8:59 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

I would say no to the Cardinal frame, I wouldn't trust the vertical dropouts. While vertical dropouts are common on some kinds of bikes (road bikes) I wouldn't like them on a BMX bike because if your rear axle got loose and shifted a bit and you went off a jump there goes your rear wheel. Also there would be no forward/backward movement for chain tensioning. I think the Cardinal is poorly designed. The luna however seems quite nice and the removable brake system seems like a really cool feature. But then I haven't heard too many reviews of the Luna. Have you considered the Cult Bad Boy, nice geometry and made in the USA. The DK passport seems like a sturdy well made frame as well. Or you could check out the BSD Forever frame, BMXPlus magazine reviewed it and it got a very good review. It's a tad on the heavier side but very sturdy and can take a beating without denting. Just a few suggestions.

EVERY TIME YOU COMMENT ITS LIKE READING A BOOK. its appreciated, but unnecessary.

|

3/17/2011 8:59 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

this! bsd frames are super nice you should look into them, the forever frame or the wza

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/17/2011 9:00 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

what do you ride mostly and what tricks do you like a lot?

whips, spins, mannies, grinds

|

3/17/2011 9:00 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

you haven't ridden that frame so you can't say you don't trust them. my friend JT has had that frame since it came out. no problems, nothing at all. don't talk shit on something you don't know.

|

Bike check?

3/17/2011 9:01 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

its a very good frame. the vertical dropouts work perfectly.

Really? I thought vertical dropouts were bad. There's no play for chain tensioning and it seems that it would be easy for the wheel to fall off in the event that the rear axle got loose? Sorry I'm no expert on dropouts....

|

3/17/2011 9:02 PM

and i had the original luna.

it was super twitchy, manualed like shit, and felt pretty awkward in general.

if you want a frame that manuals well don't get a high BB.

|

Bike check?

cleanbmx wrote:

Ya i just did some more research and your right the frame does look pretty sketch and i was just checking out the new
Cartel Kiraly frame seemed pretty dialed. But im also going to look into the BSD

|

collin86 wrote:

EVERY TIME YOU COMMENT ITS LIKE READING A BOOK. its appreciated, but unnecessary.

lmao ya i noticed that to

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/17/2011 9:05 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

BFG wrote:

Ya i just did some more research and your right the frame does look pretty sketch and i was just checking out the new
Cartel Kiraly frame seemed pretty dialed. But im also going to look into the BSD

[LINK TO IMAGE]

sketch?
|

Bike check?

3/17/2011 9:07 PM

cupovjoe wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

sketch?

im pretty sure i saw a weiner painted on that quarter over there, so yes. sketch.

|

3/17/2011 9:09 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

BFG wrote:

sketch?

He makes half of a good point there i was just saying sketch just cause i dont want to have to buy a headset i like my shit intergrated

|

3/17/2011 9:10 PM

BFG wrote:

sketch?

BFG wrote:

He makes half of a good point there i was just saying sketch just cause i dont want to have to buy a headset i like my shit intergrated

it is an integrated headset?

|

Bike check?

3/17/2011 9:13 PM

sketch?

BFG wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

it is an integrated headset?

well shit feel dumb read the wrong thing so i guess im still left favoring the ambassador

|

3/17/2011 9:15 PM

BFG wrote:

sketch?

collin86 wrote:

im pretty sure i saw a weiner painted on that quarter over there, so yes. sketch.

your probably right, there are definitely one or two wieners floating around that park.

|

Bike check?

3/17/2011 10:19 PM

the cardinal is a good choice, 2 of my buddys ride them and say it's really dialed because it's so easy to set up and no cracks or flexing. And I don't see why your wheel would come loose in the air? That's what the crease lines in the nut spacer are for..

|

instagram @strictlyart
Get a life, ride a bike.

3/18/2011 12:43 AM

collin86 wrote:

LOL

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

3/18/2011 1:07 AM

cleanbmx wrote:

collin86 wrote:

Wise man though.. I've had vertical dropouts.. they suck!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/18/2011 1:11 AM

Fly Luna! they are real nice frames and fly is a well known and respected brand, cardinal i wouldn't trust the dropouts and i haven't heard about whether or not they hold up to anything. My friends luna is such a nice feeling frame!

|

3/18/2011 4:47 AM

I would go The Cardinal Ambassador defiantly!

|

3/18/2011 4:48 AM

my best friend rides a cardinal ambassador, and its dialed, and it feels like a pretty light yet solid frame to ride.

|

when im on my bike, none of life's bullshit phazes me. my mind is free
sub to me on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/devonisadirtygirl?feature=mhum
follow me on twitter and ill follow back! @thedevonrussell

3/18/2011 6:03 AM

Cradinals seem to be great alot of the street style kids near me ride them.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em