Need a 30 second lesson

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2007 7:59 AM

can anybody give me a 30second lesson how to lace a rim the right way, I bought a demolition cassette(48h). i got it all put togather and it just dident seem right so i looked at my other back rim and i did it wrong so could you help me out thanks

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

6/11/2007 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:55 PM

I'll give you a 10 second lesson... \"GOTO BIKE SHOP\"!

|

SBCdestroy

village idiot

6/11/2007 12:33 PM

jeffgothro wrote:

search online you can find written tips or video tips. or just study your back wheel and ttry to do it by looking at it. thats how i first learned to do a 48 hub wheel studying a wheel i already had. took some time but i figured it out then after that it got easier a bit and now i mostly work on 36 cause thats what i run. make sure you used a 4 cross pattern or it will look shitty. and make sure you lace right and have a good valve hole clearance or pumping your tire will be hard

|

6/11/2007 11:10 PM

jeffgothro wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

search online you can find written tips or video tips. or just study your back wheel and ttry to do it by looking at it. thats how i first learned to do a 48 hub wheel studying a wheel i already had. took some time but i figured it out then after that it got easier a bit and now i mostly work on 36 cause thats what i run. make sure you used a 4 cross pattern or it will look shitty. and make sure you lace right and have a good valve hole clearance or pumping your tire will be hard

4 runs of 12... Or 6 runs of 8 if you are crafty. Or just buy mag wheels.

|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

6/15/2007 5:56 PM

yo i had the same problem. you could relaly hurt yourslef bad if you lace it wrong. you gotta lace it in a pattern that is completely symmetrical. like start on the bottom, then lace the top, and back and forth. but yo do the right side, then when youre done, push it down and do the other side. thats what i heard. but its really a bitch, i just bought a new rim. i know its on ridebmx.com

but i bought a new rim, cuz i read an artical that said a dude laced his own rim, landed on it too hard, the spokes blew out, and stabbed him in the back of the head, killing him. so live and buy a new rim.

|

6/16/2007 1:46 PM

Go to www.seventies.co.uk then scroll down and you'll see a video on how to build a wheel

|

6/18/2007 8:22 PM

bmxaddict wrote:

Go to www.seventies.co.uk then scroll down and you'll see a video on how to build a wheel

I must of done something wrong my rim was stright before i laced it all up now it has a spot thats bent bad, this is the site i used for my rim easyer than i thought, Ive got a alex dubble wall that was pretty cheap on there now its ok and its aluminum, also what would be a good tire to run in the back, I have a maxxis merical 2.10 in the front ive been thinking about an anmial asm http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/airtight/bmx/tech_tips/index.shtml

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/25/2007 3:04 PM

bmxaddict wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

I must of done something wrong my rim was stright before i laced it all up now it has a spot thats bent bad, this is the site i used for my rim easyer than i thought, Ive got a alex dubble wall that was pretty cheap on there now its ok and its aluminum, also what would be a good tire to run in the back, I have a maxxis merical 2.10 in the front ive been thinking about an anmial asm http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/sportscotland/airtight/bmx/tech_tips/index.shtml

you should have taken everybody's advice and went to a bike shop.

|

6/25/2007 9:23 PM

bmxaddict wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

hockeypimp360 wrote:

if your rim is bent you might have a flat spot nothign you can do about it all you can do is just true the wheel make sure it spins straight a flat spot is no biggie. or you can buy a new rim

|

6/26/2007 8:42 PM

TumblerBmx wrote:

hockeypimp360 wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

if your rim is bent you might have a flat spot nothign you can do about it all you can do is just true the wheel make sure it spins straight a flat spot is no biggie. or you can buy a new rim

yea i bought a new rim and droped if off at a bike shop bought new spokes and nipples too assembled nipples and spokes fer 40 bucks and a 3 month warenty too

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")